Koa Misi doesn't want move to ILB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Koa Misi doesn't want move to ILB

no doubt in my mind a lb is coming with a high pick in this draft...top 4 rounds...zero doubt...i'll be shocked if it's not a mike

Being an "on the field coach" is no easy task, and many cannot do it. Tannehill had to direct the OL in Pouncey's first year because he could not. Ellerbe hurt the D last year in not being able to do it. Jones cannot do it in the secondary, and I don't know how Delmas will work out.

It's not a knock against the player's ability to play, just the ability to read quickly what a play is and get everyone in position. This is a big advantage Mosely has, and Dansby as well as ZT before him.

solb is his best fit...would not move to mike

Misi is a beast vs the run which would be nice in the middle but, other guys are not in position, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

misis not a qb of the defense type player...he doesnt have the instincts to play a high end mike...solid player but dont make him make the calls etc that's not what he is...

let him do what he do...you are getting his best production where he is now

Hickey gave some brief comments on Misi during his presser.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 11m

Hickey on Misi possibly moving inside: We're always looking at where players can be most successful. Offseason is for evaluating.
Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 11m

"We're just experimenting with different things, the linebacker room has been great," Dennis Hickey said when asked directly about Misi.
Hickey: It's a great room of LBers, we're working very hard

Nice quotes Hickey. Just what we need, another one of these guys, like Mike Dee room serviced it cross country: Great group of guys. Working hard. Total team effort.

Maybe he'll draft well but after that sample I'm certainly not going to pay any attention to his surrounding blabber.

Yep, it was a solid offer too, not just some token offer. I think his interest in upgrading LB is real.

Yeah, and Jackson was far from something special but a coach on the field.

Nice quotes Hickey. Just what we need, another one of these guys, like Mike Dee room serviced it cross country: Great group of guys. Working hard. Total team effort.

Maybe he'll draft well but after that sample I'm certainly not going to pay any attention to his surrounding blabber.

Agreed, just copy and paste for all positions. Yawn.

What did you expect him to do? Hold up a poster board with the Fins draft rankings from 1 to 100. Then tell which players they are going to try to sign as UFA when they don't get drafted. After that maybe he could have then given the link with the login and password to the Fins playbook. Some of the information you guys expect during these press conferences is laughable unrealistic.

We need to retain Zach Thomas to take him under his wing/coach him up! Hell, we need to hire him in general!!!

Looks lie it was a false report.
Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley

Koa Misi did not refuse a position change to middle linebacker, as was reported elsewhere, a Dolphins source said emphatically Friday.
A Dolphins source "emphatically" told the Miami Herald that Dolphins SLB Koa Misi did not refuse a position change to middle linebacker.
The original report came from the Palm Beach Post, which -- with all due respect -- seems to be getting an awful lot of bad information lately. The PBP's story essentially claimed Misi told the Dolphins he couldn't handle the mental responsibilities associated with playing middle linebacker. For now, Misi is getting tried inside, with Dannell Ellerbe at weak-side linebacker and Philip Wheeler on the strong side. Reinforcements may be added in the draft.
http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/mia/miami-dolphins

no doubt in my mind a lb is coming with a high pick in this draft...top 4 rounds...zero doubt...i'll be shocked if it's not a mike

And if Mosley is the only 3 down mike in the draft then the pick has to be him if he's there. And I think I'd like it. And to be fair its probably the best value, not just because we need another LB but because Mosley has always been rated as a top 10 prospect.

Back
Top Bottom