Kooch not elected to the Hall again.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Roman529, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

This is just flat out wrong. :(

:shakeno:

2. lbmclean_sj

lbmclean_sj Banned Hammered

is this his last chance?

3. lbmclean_sj

lbmclean_sj Banned Hammered

I am really happy for Art Monk

why Zimmerman over Kooch?

4. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

Zimmerman had a really good career for the Broncos...I got to see him play a lot...I think Kooch should be there as well.

5. Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton A True Fan

At least they made up for Art Monk.

6. jg772006

jg772006 FinHeaven VIP

Next year is Kooch's last year as a "modern-era" canidate...If Kooch does not get in next year (which he wont..Bruce Smith/SHannon SHarpe/Rod Woodson all are first year eligible), then Kooch will then be put on the Senior Ballot and will have to wait longer to get in....if he EVER gets in...

7. FinForLife13

FinForLife13 Member

he yall sorry for buden in but how do u post threads

8. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran bad spelur

booooo Bad Bob should go in...

9. Majpain

Majpain Giants GM

What a shock Redskins, 49ers, and Cowboys make it.

Not surprising.

10. Whitedolphin54

Whitedolphin54 From the land of legends

It is amazing that Kooch still hasn't made it. This bloke would play with two broken arms and a broken leg if he had too.

11. alen1

alen1 A True Fan

left side of the page you will see a button that says "New Thread". It is about 3/4 up the page.

12. Baxter

Baxter Pro Bowler

He still might.. what is it 7 allowed in? they might put him because its his last year he could make it. Happy for Art Monk he should have been in long before Irvin.

13. Dolfan4life!

Dolfan4life! A True Fan

Is anyone surprised that Andre Tippett made it. Don't get me wrong, he was pretty good, but HOF good? To me it's not even close. I guess it bodes well for Jason Taylor when he is eligable. He is 10x the player Tippett was.

14. Whitedolphin54

You think. I thought at the time that Tippett was one of the best OLB's I ever saw play. Unfortunately for him LT played at the same time. I would put him on par with JT.

15. Straztheman

Straztheman Banned Hammered

I don't get the HOF anymore. I mean, I think they should have two seperate catagories, coaches and players. I mean, for John Madden to be voted in for winning one super bowl and then Kooch being one of the best lineman of his time still not in is a crime.

16. Dolfan4life!

Dolfan4life! A True Fan

I wasn't as impressed with his play, and certainly wouldn't mention his name in the same breath as LT. As I said, he was good, but when he played nobody was talking about him as a future HOFer.

17. Dolfan4life!

Dolfan4life! A True Fan

I was also shocked that Tags didn't get in. Kind of unusual, for as long as he was the commissioner, you would think he would have made it in on his first ballot. He didn't even make it in the cut-down to 10 finalists. At least Kuch made it that far.

18. Whitedolphin54

Sorry but I was, and it seems I was correct. They both played in good LB corps, and i think that to be the secret. If i remember right, Rembert , Nelson and Blackmon played with Tippett. Carson and Banks played with Taylor. The difference for me was that Burt, Dorsey and Marshall played on the Giants line, i dont even remember who played on the Pats line. Maybe Wiliams, Adams and Ruth. Nothing like the Giants line anyhows. To me that makes a big difference when calling someones name.

19. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 FinHeaven VIP

I dont get how he makes it and Kooch, Richard Dent and Derrick Thomas dont

20. Dolfan4life!

Dolfan4life! A True Fan

Especially Thomas, who was far more dominant than Tippett ever was.

21. Dolfan4life!

Dolfan4life! A True Fan

If you think the HOF voters (select media) are impervious to fault, then you are correct.

22. endorPHINS72

endorPHINS72 Restore the greatness!

I don't think Tippett was Hall of Fame material either. 100 sacks and 1 INT over 12 years...Joey Porter is on pace to break his sack total and already has 12 INTs and I don't think of Porter as a HOF linebacker. Tippett was good, but not a HOF'er as far as I'm concerned. And Gary Zimmerman should have had to wait a little longer.

I think it's time that the selection committee be seriously questioned as to why Kuech has been blacklisted. It's not ****ing right.

23. Jimmy James

Jimmy James You sit on a throne of lies!

I think it's pretty clear that there have to be some members of the elite clique who decides who gets in who refuse to let Bob through. He may have to wait for them to die off and to be nominated by the senior committee in order to make it. He has some support in that room or else he wouldn't make it to the final round so often.

It's a strange system, and it's really frustrating when you see the blackballing happen. I still think it's probably better than the baseball system.

24. Bonedoc7777

Bonedoc7777 Perennial All-Pro

idiots all of them

25. Mr.Majestik

Mr.Majestik Well-Known Member

Give it up

It's commentary like this that convinces me that most of these forums are inhabited by very ignorant people. Guys were saying the same thing about Dwight Stephenson a few years ago, he was good, but was he all that? He was the greatest to play his position. Tippet is one of the greatest to ever play his position. We've got guys pimping Kuechenberg for the Hall of Fame when guys at the tackle positions with more Pro Bowl, and AP All-Pro designations aren't even mentioned for induction. Now we've got guys wringing their hands over Andre Tippet's induction, a guy that made the freaking All-Decade team. Did you ever see him play? From your comments, I find it unlikely. He was absolutely dominant. In the 12-years that he and L.T. played in the NFL together, Tippet had 100 sacks, and L.T. 115. Tippet could do everything. He could cover tight ends. Stuff the run, and chase down running backs 30 pounds lighter than him, like a greyhound overtaking a rabbit. Who has the most sacks by a linebacker in a two-year period? Not L.T.. Not Derrick Thomas. Andre Tippet.

What's the difference between Tippet and L.T.? Media market, team success, supporting cast. Tippet could do anything Taylor did. Tippet didn't have a supporting cast that included Harry Carson (HOF) and a Pro Bowl team consisting of Pepper Johnson, Carl Banks, Leonard Marshall, Jim Burt, and Mark Haynes. As great as Taylor was, don't think for a minute that having to block that linebacking corps and that defensive line didn't significantly boost Taylor's impact.

Don't even mention Derrick Thomas and Andre Tippet in the same sentence either. Derrick Thomas was a notoriously bad run defender. He was a one-trick pony that would make a big play, generally a sack, then miss an assignment and let a tight end waltz by him. Tippet was sound in all phases. If you're going to crack the Hall's knuckles, better do it over Fred Dean getting in (although in fairness to Dean, he was a ferocious pass rusher and one of the strongest men I've ever seen at 235 pounds.)

26. endorPHINS72

endorPHINS72 Restore the greatness!

You don't need to call names to disagree with other posters here. I did see Tippett play alot in the 1980s. He was a good player and had terrific athletic ability. But then again, so does Jevon Kearse. I remember seeing Kearse chase down Hines Ward in the open field. Is Kearse a HOF'er? No. In all likelihood, Joey Porter will end his career with much better stats than Tippett. Is Porter a HOF'er? I don't think so.

We Dolphins fans have a right to be pissed about Kuech being blacklisted. The man has HOF eligible since 1990 and we're tired of seeing lesser players get into the hall year after year.

27. RonnieBrownTown

RonnieBrownTown SuperBowl MVP

Poor guy he will be in there next year I hope

28. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 FinHeaven VIP

Listen I realize you're a Pats fan and all but you're hallucinating if you're comparing Tippett to Lawrence Taylor. Growing up in New York and watching 95% of every game he ever played Taylor flat out was the most dominating defensive player of the last 30 years. The guy revolutionized OLB the way Marino revolutionized the QB position. Tippett was a nice Linebacker but he's not even in the same country with LT. Rather than thinking about Tippett you should be considering what will happen when the truth comes out that you cheated for the Rams SuperBowl. The real question is should the Patriots forfeit the SuperBowl victory for that game. Tippett is so inconsequential in the Patriots story right now:wink:

29. Clyde Frog

Clyde Frog Well-Known Member

From what I've heard from people that have dealt with Kuech, I think the fact that Kuech is a greedy, crabby jerk to the media and former players and team officials probably has something to do with it. Doesn't make it right, but it may provide insight as to why he is not in.

30. Mr.Majestik

Mr.Majestik Well-Known Member

Your devastating rebuttal is that I'm a Patriots' fan? That's it? Your observations on that point are about as accurate as your observations on Tippet's Hall of Fame credentials. But assuming I was a Patriots fan, how would that invalidate my argument? I realize that logic, and sustained argument are in short supply in fan-land, where reactionary, half-witted opinions are the norm, but come on, this is beneath a guy who quotes H.L. Mencken in his signature. Mencken hated buffoons. He was full of contempt for such people. He also liked accuracy, so get something straight, Lawrence Taylor didn't redefine the OLB position, a man from the disco decade did, a man that Taylor admittedly modeled his game after, a man who is not in the Hall of Fame either, and should be, a man by the name of Robert Brazile. Now since I think Brazile is more worthy of Hall consideration then Kuechenberg, does this make me an Oiler fan too? Does the fact that I've argued that if you put Kooch in, you've got to put Russ Washington, George Kunz, Leon Gray and Winston Hill in to make me a Charger/Colt/Oiler/Jet fan too? How silly you are.

Now you say you saw 95% of Taylor's games, and I assume you saw 95% of Marino's, so when did that leave you time to watch Tippet? The guy didn't make the All-Decade team for nothing. Now I take nothing away from Taylor, but anyone who say Tippet plays knows he did everything Taylor did, but he did it on bad teams for the most part, void of a supporting cast, and he didn't do it coked up.

As for the Patriots troubles. What troubles might they be? An allegation that cannot be confirmed by an unknown source that may, or may not have videotaped a walk-through, a videotape that by the admission of the unknown source itself, was never turned over to the Patriots' coaching staff! That's a powerful case. The walk-through that went over all the redzone plays the Rams were going to run in the Super Bowl, if they had in fact gotten into the redzone, which they didn't do till the end of the game! This topic obsesses those who have nothing else to bleat their opponents with. We can't point to any substantive accomplishment of our own since Nixon was in office, so we blame everything from cheating coaches, to incompetent, or nefarious referees with handing our mortal enemies victory, after victory. To listen to guys like you, the Patriots never won anything. It was given to them by some league conspiracy. The Dolphins have used audiotapes in an attempt to steal offensive playcalls, are we cheaters too?
    The Patriots are just better than everyone else. They are the gold standard to which I hope and pray the Miami Dolphins can one day emulate. Maybe we need to do some cheating, because I'm tired of losing.

31. csabe

csabe Pro Bowler

Not surprising at all, Kooch has got the short end for years now. Zimmerman is very good but no better then Kooch was imo.

32. Dolfan4life!

Dolfan4life! A True Fan

Riigghhtt, he was just as dominant as LT. That's why there was such an outcry 10 years ago when he wasn't a first ballot HOFer. He was so dominant it only took him 10 years to get in. Be serious and try not to let your obvious bias get in the way. And this may be hard for you, but try not to be so condescending towards other members of the board. Patriot fans are notoriously smug, but do us a favor, when you're on our board, turn it down a notch or two, will ya?