kubiak still wants to be HC!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

kubiak still wants to be HC!!!

jimlerario

Active Roster
Reaction score
he interviewed for the lions head coaching job. he isn't going to get the chance this year, but if we hire him and we improve, he will for sure have more interviews for a head coaching job, and if he leaves after one year its going to be detrimental to find yet another OC. I know McAdoo got a head coaching interview for the browns, but he is less likely to leave after one year.

I think Kubiak will be better for Tannehill's development. He made guys like Schaub look good at one point.

I don't mind if he leaves after a year if it means Tannehill showed marked improvement.

On a side note, I can't believe he Lions hired Caldwell. What an awful hire.

Kubiak isn't even a candidate for Minnesota or Cleveland. He will not get hired as a HC this year. If he does so good as our OC next year that he is a head coaching candidate.. how is that a bad thing? The worst it does is make the job THAT more attractive.. Even so, with his health problems the league may view him as only a OC..

I think Kubiak will be better for Tannehill's development. He made guys like Schaub look good at one point.

I don't mind if he leaves after a year if it means Tannehill showed marked improvement.

Kubiak got Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, and Matt Schaub to the pro-bowl. He would be such a great hire as OC.. and as for Caldwel.. talk about a talented team.. on paper they are a good WR and CB away from being a super bowl contender.. But they need Stafford to be more consistent and improve his fundamentals. But mainly they need to cut down on turnovers and penalties. Many games this year they beat themselves. They need a coach to instill some discipline. I don't think I've ever heard Caldwell speak.... or even blink..

Cleveland would be the only job he likely even get a sniff at HC this year. Fired HC's just don't often get a HC job right off the firing. Reid was the extreme exception not the rule on this. Kubiak will need to decide if he's willing to go to a troubled franchise now or wait a year or two and get another chance at somewhere once he proves himself again. We will for sure lose him in 1-2 years for sure either way. If he's successful, he'll get a HC job elsewhere. If he stinks, he and Philbin both will be looking for a job by this time next year. So I don't see where that really holds us back from considering him.

Gary Kubiak is an absolute slam dunk hire at OC and it's mind boggling to me that you are concerned that he will leave after a year to take a head coaching job.

1. The 'new system' thing is overblown. His system shares MANY similarities with Mike Sherman in terms of terminology and concepts. Same core 'system,' but with different emphasis (more run, more play action, more boots, more misdirection, more crossers) and play selection.
2. If he takes a head coaching job next year it's because the Dolphins offense improved dramatically in 2014. That's not really a problem.

If we hire anybody and they turn this offense around, they will be HC candidates. Sounds like a good problem to have.

So essentially youre comparing Tannehill to Schaub and suggesting he needs a great OC to make him look good.

And this is the guy you all want to be our QB? Personally, Id like to have a QB that makes all of his OC's look like geniuses and lands them HC gigs as a result.

If we hire anybody and they turn this offense around, they will be HC candidates. Sounds like a good problem to have.

exactly. The alternative is getting a mediocre to lousy OC who has no shot at getting a head coaching gig in the future. I think i know which one id rather roll the dice on

and give me back my damn badge :D

Would be sweet if we could hire McAdoo and Kubiac. McAdoo as our short term QB coach, long term OC and Kubiac as our short term OC (assuming he moves on to a HC job in a year or two). Shell out the benjamins to make it happen Mr. Ross.

So essentially youre comparing Tannehill to Schaub and suggesting he needs a great OC to make him look good.

And this is the guy you all want to be our QB? Personally, Id like to have a QB that makes all of his OC's look like geniuses and lands them HC gigs as a result.

There are currently 4 guys in the entire NFL that fit that criteria: Peyton, Brady, Rodgers and Brees.

Would those same guys have fit that criteria in Year 2? Nope! Possibly Manning, but he still had his share of problems still after Year 2. Brees was considered bust material after Year 2, so much so that they drafted a QB to replace him.

I think Tannehill has a higher ceiling than Schaub, and a guy like Kubiak would bring that out.

Give him a little time. He's improving.

he interviewed for the lions head coaching job. he isn't going to get the chance this year, but if we hire him and we improve, he will for sure have more interviews for a head coaching job, and if he leaves after one year its going to be detrimental to find yet another OC. I know McAdoo got a head coaching interview for the browns, but he is less likely to leave after one year.

And he didnt get it. They hired Jim Caldwell.

There are currently 4 guys in the entire NFL that fit that criteria: Peyton, Brady, Rodgers and Brees.

Would those same guys have fit that criteria in Year 2? Nope! Possibly Manning, but he still had his share of problems still after Year 2. Brees was considered bust material after Year 2, so much so that they drafted a QB to replace him.

I think Tannehill has a higher ceiling than Schaub, and a guy like Kubiak would bring that out.

Playoffs?! PLAYOFFS!?!?!

even manning was getting coaches fired in year 2...

[video=youtube;U7fjDS0jKiE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE[/video]

Back
Top Bottom