"kudos to Coach Ricci" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"kudos to Coach Ricci"

dolp1972

Active Roster
Reaction score
Story line in the media is usually how important this guy is on the team, assistant head coach with Dan Campbell, and retained for our illustrious special teams again this year, and is one guy responsible for the "challenge flag"..........don't understand why he is so "famous" or revered, because all I see is poor decisions made continuously by him on our field goal kicker, deterioration in their techniques and yearly liability where they cost us 2 to three games a year.......we can chalk up one loss already in 2016 to a missed/blocked field goal..................we should have a list of replacement kickers ready to go for New England game and not wait for this idiot and his "chosen" FG kicker to lose any more games..................

That blocked kick was low trajectory, I agree. However, I do not think it gets blocked if tunsil jabs his man in the ribs for trying to go for the block ( which is what I was taught when blocking on extra points).

Basically leverage is the name of the game for linemen. If the defender gives up leverage and tries to go vertical, you make him pay for exposing his midsection. If your punch isn't enough to deter the defender, lay a shoulder into his ribs. They Wont try it after they've been beat up once or twice.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Thought we actually got a pretty great, consistent push on punts. If they continue to see that pressure we're going to see some blocked kicks.

Thought we actually got a pretty great, consistent push on punts. If they continue to see that pressure we're going to see some blocked kicks.

I also think we are going to give up a return touchdown sooner rather than later based on the coverage.

Steven Haushka got an extra point blocked, maybe he'll be available. :idk:

When was the last time we kicked the ball and you were worried about the other team housing it? Darr kicks the **** out of that ball, and Franks was an 80% FG kicker. Darr needs more "touch" on the ball when kicking towards the endzone, but our ability to return it despite bringing heat every time is pretty impressive. I don't know what else you could ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricci?

Awesome thread

Should be gone due to the stupidity of kicking so many touch backs and letting his guys run the kickoff out of the end zone when the new rule puts you at the 25!!!!

My bad UK, ur right the spelling is Rizzi........

I don't know, dude. I don't think Rizzi is really the problem. Using that logic, I should be all over Shawn Jefferson because Stills dropped a sure touchdown.

Back
Top Bottom