Kurt Warner? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kurt Warner?

Super_Duper85

Deep Threat
Reaction score
If the front office is serious about upgrading the talent on the team, how could they not make a run at Warner? There has to be a way to make it work. Personally, I think he could outplay Feeley or Fiedler. Those guys would be adequate insurance in case of an injury. I guess money would doom any kind of offer for Warner though. Also, why would he want to back up Eli at NY? I figure he would want to start somewhere. he could definietly do it here. NOTE: I still like Fiedler and Feeley. However, a QB with Warner's talent does not become available very often. He is a gunslinger and 2 time MVP. I also remeber that game when he took our defense apart a couple of years ago.

Super_Duper85 said:
If the front office is serious about upgrading the talent on the team, how could they not make a run at Warner? There has to be a way to make it work. Personally, I think he could outplay Feeley or Fiedler. Those guys would be adequate insurance in case of an injury. I guess money would doom any kind of offer for Warner though. Also, why would he want to back up Eli at NY? I figure he would want to start somewhere. he could definietly do it here. NOTE: I still like Fiedler and Feeley. However, a QB with Warner's talent does not become available very often. He is a gunslinger and 2 time MVP. I also remeber that game when he took our defense apart a couple of years ago.

The feeling around the league is that Warner is washed up and nowhere near the guy who was a 2 time MVP. This is the reason that Miami wouldn't make a run at him and the reason he would want to back up Eli.

I also remember when he tore us up two years ago. He was incredible, although our lack of defensive adjustments didn't do us any favors either. The problem is that in the the two years since he has been horrible. I don't think he's even won a game in the last two years. Those last two years are probably a better predictor of his current abilities than his two MVPs.

ya, one big thing to consider though, we have 3 qb's all making decent salaries. Warner is not going anywhere for cheap. I'm not so sure the Dolphins would be benifiting so much from a move like this in the "bang for your buck" department

Even if Warner still had some game left, at best he would be a short term fix, as his time is running out. I would prefer we find out if Feeley is going to be the answer, and if not, then find who-ever else we have to for a long term fix. Just my opinion all. I do hope Feeley can fill the role though, I will say.

i think that warner ISNT washed up, he justed had a bad game in ST. Louis. he wouldnt do any good in miami though.

How about 9 bad games he has lost like his last 9 starts or something crazy like that. With more INT's and Fumbles than TD's. = washed up

Warners lost the last like 10 games he started, or somethin crazy like that. Not only that, but hes lost em in pretty ugly fashion, throwin a ton of picks n fumbling the ball whenever a stiff breeze hits him, let alone a lineman...and I think his TD/INT ratio his last real season as a starter was 3-11.....no, thats not a typo, i really did say 3-11. I dont want anything to do with this guy at this point, he seems like a washed up ex star who would completely bomb here. I'm happy with Feely for now.

Levi said:
oh my bad, i didnt think he started 9 games last season.

That's what is so scary about him. It's nine bad starts in the past two seasons. :eek:

People say Feeley has questions, his questions arent can he reverse his his bad play, but questions of is he ready, good enough, etc.. Warner has not won a game in 2 years he started. He cannot stay healthy, he has been hurt at least as much as Jay has. He missed time in 2001 as well. Warner is passed his prime. Warner of 99 = yes, Warner 202/2003 = NO!

Back
Top Bottom