Lakers Lakers Lakers | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lakers Lakers Lakers

tough loss just caught the end. Sasha messed up by going for the 2 and Kobe had a talk with him right and Sasha knew he messed up.

Stu said Kobe will be part of the 3pt contest next week, not sure if its been announced already.

Yeah I heard the Kobe/3-point thing last night. Not sure if he will do all that well. One, the dislocated finger won't help. And two, unless he is doing a falling fadeaway jumper with two defenders draped on him, he doesn't shoot three's all that well.

I would love to see Sasha or Vlad Rad in the competition though.

Pau Gasol was on the Lakers zone radio show and said that Kobe was directing him on the floor in Spanish in his debut. Now thats an advantage :lol: I knew he spoke Italian but he also speaks Spanish which I didnt know.

Italian is not really that different than Spanish since both are Romantic languages. And Bryant's wife is Hispanic.

Italian is not really that different than Spanish since both are Romantic languages. And Bryant's wife is Hispanic.

I just had a great visual in my head of Kobe sharing the only spanish he knows from whatever his wife yells at him and Pau wondering why Kobe is calling him a ******* already. :lol:

Kobe speaks like 5 languages....he's actually incredibly intelligent. I give him props for not being another dumb jock.

did you see that chick next to the lakers bench. Holy moly.

clear.gif

What's the status report on Kobe's pinky?

I've got tickets on Sunday, and I want to see Kobe and Wade exchange 40+

BRYANT HEALING

Bryant reported improvement in his right pinky finger as a result of nonstop treatment with pads, ice or electro-stimulant since the Lakers' loss in Atlanta on Wednesday night. He said he would play Friday against Orlando without taping the injured finger to his ring finger.

"I have to," he said. "I just can't handle or shoot the way I want to (with the tape)."

Bryant joked that he could have picked up "a couple more fans" by continuing to wear the tape that made his hand resemble the "Star Trek" Vulcan greeting. But he acknowledged the injury might result in him skipping the Feb. 17 All-Star Game and the 3-point contest the previous day.

"Maybe," he said. "We'll have to see how it goes."

"Kupchak was on AM570, he says Bynum looks good, you wouldn’t even know he was injured. The swelling in his knee is way down. He’s working out in gym and looks to be on schedule."

He should be returning before the end of march. In addition to running on a elliptical machine as past as a 4 hour rehab program, Bynum is watching a 3 hour video tape featuring Tim Duncan, Shaquille O'Neal & Hakeem Olajuwon each day. Still no prognosis on Ariza, he will be evaluated in a few weeks to see the progress.
:woot:

BRYANT HEALING

Bryant reported improvement in his right pinky finger as a result of nonstop treatment with pads, ice or electro-stimulant since the Lakers' loss in Atlanta on Wednesday night. He said he would play Friday against Orlando without taping the injured finger to his ring finger.

"I have to," he said. "I just can't handle or shoot the way I want to (with the tape)."

Bryant joked that he could have picked up "a couple more fans" by continuing to wear the tape that made his hand resemble the "Star Trek" Vulcan greeting. But he acknowledged the injury might result in him skipping the Feb. 17 All-Star Game and the 3-point contest the previous day.

"Maybe," he said. "We'll have to see how it goes."

"Kupchak was on AM570, he says Bynum looks good, you wouldn’t even know he was injured. The swelling in his knee is way down. He’s working out in gym and looks to be on schedule."

He should be returning before the end of march. In addition to running on a elliptical machine as past as a 4 hour rehab program, Bynum is watching a 3 hour video tape featuring Tim Duncan, Shaquille O'Neal & Hakeem Olajuwon each day. Still no prognosis on Ariza, he will be evaluated in a few weeks to see the progress.
:woot:

Good news about Bryant, and actually kind of BAD news about Bynum. End of March puts him beyond the eight week timetable originally bandied about. March 10 would be eight weeks.

It is good to hear that he is working out though. Makes me feel that he may not miss that much of a beat come actual play time. :up:

Kobe is going NUTS tonight. Not sure if it is gonna be enough though. The Magic shot lights out in the first quarter. I will try not to spoil it, but lets just say we NEED Bynum back to protect the middle. Too many good shooters on this Orlando team to leave unattended.

Which is what happens when you have someone like Howard in the middle...

errr:shakeno:. Im on delay game hasnt even started yet. I only read the first line about Kobe going nuts.

***SPOILER***

Geez. I think this game took about five years off of my life. Its never easy with L.A. :lol:

GREAT Games by Kobe and Pau. Kudos to Fisher, Vujacic and Lamar who came up big down the stretch.

L.A. has a legitimate shot of finishing this road trip 7-2 with the two losses being only 1 point losses each.

Next up? @Miami on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom