Lamar Miller "doesn't know the playbook well." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar Miller "doesn't know the playbook well."

PolitePolite

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Rookie RB Lamar Miller "still doesn't know the playbook well" and is "raw as a pass blocker," according to the Palm Beach Post.

Miller is clearly a better pure runner than Daniel Thomas. But he doesn't have the trust of the coaches yet and therefore the two figure to share the load while Reggie Bush (knee) is sidelined. We still prefer Miller as the better fantasy play. He actually has the burst and speed to do damage when he does get touches.

Per rotoworld.

Kid needs to step it up if he wants to start in this league. He is going to be given a chance to prove himself in these next few games, especially against the Cardinals, and he needs to take full advantage of it.

He seems like a more natural runner than Thomas. Explodes through holes (pause) and doesn't look like he dances in the backfield as much as Thomas. Also he showed that he has that 6th gear to run away from the defenders, something that Thomas clearly doesn't have. In fairness, Thomas is the better blocker.

That is on the coaching staff as well to help speed him along and put him in a position to succeed.

He seems like a more natural runner than Thomas. Explodes through holes (pause) and doesn't look like he dances in the backfield as much as Thomas. Also he showed that he has that 6th gear to run away from the defenders, something that Thomas clearly doesn't have. In fairness, Thomas is the better blocker.

I'd take the RB that can run than one that is a one trick pony who can block. He is not a TE, running the ball is a lot more important as a RUNNING back than blocking. Don't take away the importance of protecting the QB, but regardless...

I'll take the guy who doesn't hand the ball to the other team.

That is on the coaching staff as well to help speed him along and put him in a position to succeed.

I disagree, 52 other cats seemed to be fine with learning it. Miller might just be a slow learner, not everyone has the same IQ or learns at the same rate. This might just take a little time and effort by the staff but I wouldn't put him not knowing the playbook on them when everyone else on the team seems to be fine with it.

My immediate reaction to the thread title: "Wow, just imagine when he does, since this RB's already the 'real deal!!!' "

I'll take the guy who doesn't hand the ball to the other team.

Right On Dude. Daniel Thomas Needs To Go. Last Year Bust. This Year, Concussion and Bust. Worthless Pick.
I will Take Lamar Miller without the Playbook Please.

I disagree, 52 other cats seemed to be fine with learning it. Miller might just be a slow learner, not everyone has the same IQ or learns at the same rate. This might just take a little time and effort by the staff but I wouldn't put him not knowing the playbook on them when everyone else on the team seems to be fine with it.

If it means that Mr. Fumbles Daniel Thomas is not out there as much, I would speed up Lamar Miller.

Back
Top Bottom