Lamar Miller Looks Like a Career Maker for Jeff Ireland | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar Miller Looks Like a Career Maker for Jeff Ireland

ATL_PHIN_FAN

Winner Under Construction
Reaction score
I don't follow college football anymore, nor draft prospects, all that closely because its rare that college talent translates well to the NFL, and that's the only reason that I'd be all that interested in watching it. However, after checking out what's been said about Lamar Miller since the draft and watching some of his highlight reels, I have to say we really do have a gem here and perhaps the biggest acorn to fall off of the tree for Jeff Ireland ever. This stuff doesn't seem like a bunch of hype to me. It may be a year before Miller adjusts to the NFL, but even with that, he's now OUR 1st round talent RB :lol2: Watching Lamar run reminded me a heck of a lot like Ricky Williams.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/lamar-miller?id=2533034

I hope it's true, we have him for 4yrs so let's see what he can do, but there's no rush for him to be great yet...........

Yeah, i agree Roadrunner. Both RT and Miller may need seasoning before they can really perform to their potentials in the NFL. Neither has much time shining in their positions at the college level. I'm praying Philbin and Co. can get them ready really quickly, but that might be a bit too much to hope for. Either way, the future is looking brighter. I'm definitely more excited to be a dolphin fan right now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tannehill will make or break Ireland's career even if Miller is a perennial pro bowler.

Miller does look like a very good pickup in the 4th. The shoulder is his only issue but its a big issue. You never know. Def worth the gamble in round 4.

*I agree with the above post that Tannehill will be a career maker for Ireland not Miller. Miller will be more of a Bess/Wake type "Acorn" for Ireland.

Once Miller gets pass protection blocking and route running down i think he'll get lots of touches this year. Expect a few long TD runs. i know I do.

clear.gif

:brewskis: Cheers.

Tannehill will make or break Ireland's career even if Miller is a perennial pro bowler.

My point with Miller is that Ireland actually had to take swift and direct action to get him. Sure, it may be RT that makes or breaks Ireland in the end, but acquiring Miller probably took much more ability to see what was right to do and not hesitating to pull the trigger as a GM than RT did. To me, RT was more of an obvious option for Miami and I'm sure Ireland was influenced heavily by our staff in that pick. In Miller's case, it may have been Ireland alone who decided the time to take action was now. And that's why the pick could be his career maker. Any owner looking for a new GM in the NFL will want a candidate who's shown he's prepared to take correct action at any point int the draft and it seems to me that Ireland was.

here's some more highlights.

[video=youtube;R8odYWaPI5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8odYWaPI5E[/video]

i'm a huge Canes fan and have seen every game Miller played. All he needs is a crack and he's gone.
Shoulder injury slowed him a little but if he's fully recovered we got a steal.

i'm a huge Canes fan and have seen every game Miller played. All he needs is a crack and he's gone.
Shoulder injury slowed him a little but if he's fully recovered we got a steal.

I did not know about the shoulder injury, But what you say is encouraging. I hope it is truly healed. From what I saw in the highlights, it looks to me he could be a special back in the NFL.

Tannehill is being given all the tools and coaches needed to succeed in the NFL. If he busts, it won't be Ireland's fault, it'll be his own fault and I'll be looking for Ireland to draft his replacement ASAP until we finally have our leader at QB.

And I don't like Ireland, but it's true. Any QB should be able to succeed with the quality of coaches we have.

Now if Ireland takes too long to draft his replacement, then yes fire his ass. But no more bull****ting around, 2-3 seasons tops, we should be able to see Tannehill at potentially Top 5 level or be done with him.

Back
Top Bottom