Lamar Miller needs to be active sunday

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phinatic1399, Sep 18, 2012.

1. phinatic1399

phinatic1399 Diehard Phinatic!

10 carries for 65 yards and 1TD. After watching the game again I noticed he does a nice job of waiting for his blocks and finding a hole. There were a few times when I thought it was Reggie Bush carrying the ball. He has nice speed coming through the hole too. Idk how they plan on working it out with Thomas probably coming back but I think Miller earned a shot to carry the rock this sunday. What do you guys think?

2. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

Its crazy how he progressed. During the first 3 preseason games its like he had no vision, patience or burst. Then something happend during the 4th preseason game! His vision and brust just took a drastic improvement. I've never seen anything like that from a RB before!

That turn around so far is something else.

3. DzakkH13

DzakkH13 Winning is a Habit Donator

Not to mention he had a few good blitz pickups when he was in during passing plays.

With Thomas' status uncertain for this Sunday's game against the Jest, it's pretty much a certainty Miller will be active.

4. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

10 carries a game would be perfect ... for now anyways.

5. thevza

thevza Member

he's probably a lock until thomas is 100% and lamar has a couple of bad games in a row.

6. EmperorPhin

EmperorPhin Scout Team

If Lamar carries it 10 and Bush has 26 carries again we will win every game

7. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

If we had a package that featured both these guys on the field at once, especially in the passing game, defenses wouldn't know what to do. Both these guys have the speed to house it everytime they touch the ball.

8. CRAZYDOLFAN305

CRAZYDOLFAN305 We Are Still Going To The SB

But, but, this team has no talent!!:3w:

9. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

He might not be active. Said he hurt his ankle on the TD run or during a pile up or something.

10. Valandui

Valandui Lumberjack Batman Donator

At WR or TE. I don't think anyone ever said we don't good RBs.

11. Youbetcha

Youbetcha Member

I hope so!!!

12. Albert Romano

Albert Romano Super Donator Super Donator Finheaven VIP

I was thinking the same thing and waiting to see this also!

13. MyNameIsFlipper

MyNameIsFlipper Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think Lamar Miller lit a fire under Bush's ***?

When Lamar came into the game I was impressed, and so was the coaching staff, as he stayed in the game. Bush must have thought Lamar has the potential to steal the spotlight thus making bush do much better on the field.

14. Tureo

Tureo Seasoned Veteran

No. Bush is pretty good. Miller looked pretty good.

15. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

We all said we were good at the RB position. We lack talent at WR and TE like somebody said.

16. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

I haven't heard about him being injured.?? However, he looked good. DT won't be back quickly with a concussion so he has time to show his skills. You can't rush back with a head injury.

On another note: Revis should be out too - even if he plays he can't be 100% - concussions are serious as hell. It seems like I am noticing more this year.

17. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

He's been injured since college. He plays through it.

18. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

he better be active. it would be a waste of talent if he didnt see the field

19. LennyV

LennyV Rookie

I would think that we could get some interesting match-ups by going with 3 Running backs in the back field. Reggie, Lamar, DT and Lane you can get some interesting combinations of power and speed depending on how you sent 3 of them out... then motion one into the slot, more the other two into an I or split behind Tanne... seems like we could give the D something to think about..

20. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

I hope all three running backs are active they have a big job to do!

21. NYPhinzFan

NYPhinzFan Scout Team Donator

I agree. If they ran a "full house" formation, with Bush, Miller and Lane in the backfield, you could run some serious misdirection plays. Fake to bush, pitchout to Lamar, motion Lamar to the slot, play action to bush, the possibilities are endless. Now that would be hella fun to watch, and they both have home run ability.

22. JBinSD

JBinSD Super Donator Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

We used to say that with Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown, and then we did the whole wildcat thing. A designed play with the two of them involved would be cool, but we shouldn't get too fancy.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Or you lineup in Shotgun with Lamar Miller to your left and Reggie Bush to your right. Reggie in motion, likely forcing an LB into coverage. You run Lamar Miller in the flat and take your pick based on the safety and LB.

23. MarshallFin1

MarshallFin1 Banned Hammered

no no no and no! we are not bringing back sparano ball. Lets not take away what is working and replace with some garbage sparano non sense. The benefit of having 2 great backs like reggie and lamar is that when 1 of them gets tired and has to come out, you have another great back to plug in there on a dime and never lose a step. Also, injuries are a big part of the nfl during a hole season, you never know when 1 of these RBs are not going to be healthy, that is why it is great to have depth at the position. Bush, Miller, Thomas, in that order is great RB depth. Having them both on the field at the same time only increases the chance of injuries to one of them. I hope we dont go the sparano route, nothing that dude ever did down here was a positive for us and i sure as hect hope we stay away from anything that looks like sparano ball.

24. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

and Ireland blows right crazy?

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

I would like to see a change up into the RB's getting lots of pass plays. Something we havent seen a whole lot of.

i figured out what Naanee does. He just takes one player out of equation.

25. Etuoo33

Etuoo33 Seasoned Veteran

This may be the week that the backs split out a lot and become a bigger part of the passing attack.

26. Dolphin Dave

Dolphin Dave Scout Team

He did great but keep in mind that the defense was pretty worn down by the time he came in. Fresh legs against a tired defense is always in the running backs favor.

27. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

the difference is that we really don't have WR's that threaten the defense and Bush and Miller are more dangerous in open space.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

We beat the Raiders bro, it's not like we just ripped the Packers by 3 td's.

28. Tunaphish429

Tunaphish429 1st Ballot Hall of Famer Donator

I agree. Lamar Miller has already looked alot better than Thomas has pretty much ever looked..Plus he has not fumbled yet. Thomas has given the ball up too much in a short span...and has not proven he can stay healthy. No point of making Thomas active if he is just going to lay down during the game...Miller needs to be active and he needs to get touches.

29. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

man, even when we win you still get the posters with their well documented "I was right" kind of post. Just never fails. Some people on this board are more worry about wanting to be right than about our team winning. Some people are happy we won so the Ireland defenders come out and start their "Ireland has done a great job like I said he had" and when we lose the ones that hate him will come out with their"see, I told you guys JI sucks and we have no talent".....the thruth is somewhere in the middle.e sucks for the most part but has done a few good things and not everything that's bad it's his fault. In the end, I think he hasn't done a great job at bringing the right players in but I so hope that I'm wrong and that we have more talent that I think.As long as we win 'm happy. This is not about any of us being right. It's about rooting for our team and feeling happy when something good happens.And yes, nobody said we didn't have good RB's.

Ozzy rules!!