Landry 134th in the league in YPC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry 134th in the league in YPC

Well get a qb like alex smith who can hit him deep for 49 yards
Maybe we can join a glorified flag football league, like the pro bowl is now. The more you try, the sillier your arguments get....So now the pro bowl proves Landry is a deep threat? Landry is a very good player, but you pushing a play in the pro bowl is laughable. But I think you are trying to get laughs anyway...job well done!

Landry's a very good player but that's not his game and there's not an NFL QB that can make him a consistent deep threat. 2 things to consider here A) Safeties dont have to play between the hashmarks during regular NFL games B) While this was a great play from Landry, if that's a legit deep threat, it's a 59 yards TD,, not a 49 yards reception.

It was truly a grat play from Landry, there's no need to bash our QBs in order to make that point...

Reshad needs to be traded, he made zero impact on the Pro Bowl. Use the free money from Reshad to pay Landry, throw in some extra for his herculean effort in Hawaii this past weekend.

He really looked like someone not trying to get hurt. Maybe Hoops is on to something and that shoulder is still not right?

The problem with that is that in 2016 Tannehll was the 4th most accurate deep passer in the league (and 3rd best QBR from a clean pocket). So if he can't connect deep with RT, chances are he won't with Smith or most other QBs.

Let's rebuild the OL to give him some time to work his magic.

Edit: now that I've dispensed with the trollism, seriously, love Landry and wish we could find a way to keep him but paying top or even near elite WR money for the 134th best aerial ball mover really is folly.

I doubt one specific stat is going to define this guy. Not to mention he played with Jay "friggin" Cutler. How did he rank this year? This was obviously a down year with a washed up QB and also his lowest ypc season. Last year he was closer to 74 and in the same range as Demaryius Thomas, Doug Baldwin, DeAndre Hopkins. Oh...and he was tied for 6th in TD's this year.

Where would 12.1 ypc rank? That’s where he was with Ryan at QB. What was Cutlers YPA? Was he good at going down the field? He had 2 completions over 40 yards did you know that?

Landry played with a “ham and egger” QB. He was much better in 16 with Tannehill. It’s not fair to base his whole contract on 2017.

I don’t feel like looking it up but I’m willing to bet big plays for Parker and Stills we’re way down on 2017 as well. I wonder why?

We have a QB that can do that...

Landry is not a vertical threat or a game changing receiver
We don't have an Oline that can give ANY QB enough time for Landry to consistently get open that far down the field

We would need a Marino release with (in his prime) Tedd Ginn speed and Jerry Rice hands and route running to pull that off (consistently) with our current Oline

IMO

Yea lets look at the reality, what he did with RT in YPC and while your at it throw in every one of his stats, like catches, yards after contact, blocking. Plus remember there is a coach calling these plays not the player so if short passes are being called by Gase and or QB like Cutler has happy feet then its definitely a issue not all on Laundry. Cherry picking here IMO

this may be the dumbest post I have ever read on this forum. Alex Smith is the most conservative QB in the league by a country mile. He refuses to take chances. Tannehill is a very good deep ball passer.

I know that is what most think of Smith but during the game they put up his stats and he was first in every major deep ball category (passes over 30 yards).

Where would 12.1 ypc rank? That’s where he was with Ryan at QB. What was Cutlers YPA? Was he good at going down the field? He had 2 completions over 40 yards did you know that?

Landry played with a “ham and egger” QB. He was much better in 16 with Tannehill. It’s not fair to base his whole contract on 2017.

I don’t feel like looking it up but I’m willing to bet big plays for Parker and Stills we’re way down on 2017 as well. I wonder why?

12.1 would've ranked somewhere near the top 50 or so taking into account minimum amount of catches, etc...

for what it's worth all the top paid guys are above that...doug baldwin was around 40 this year....most are in the top 20 or so

Back
Top Bottom