Landry 134th in the league in YPC | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry 134th in the league in YPC

Landry's YPC should be thrown out. Big plays for our offense were waaayyyyy down in 17. Jay Cutler completed 2 passes of 40+ yards, yes 2, 27 over 20 yards and average 6.2 YPA. Last year Ryan Tannehill completed 11 passes over 40 yards, 37 over 20+ for a big play net gain of 19 and averaged 7.7 YPA. There were 19 big plays missing in 2017 vs 2016 between those 2 QB's. Cutler was so bad at big plays that Matt Moore had more 40+ yard completion in just 3 games in 2016 (4) and even in 2017 in 2 starts and some relief (3).

This means all of the big plays numbers for our pass catchers were down because they were CRIPPLED by the QB play. We're just scrutinizing Landry more because he's in a contract year. I can guarantee Stills or glass Parker aren't tough enough to keep the chains moving like Landry does.

12.1 would've ranked somewhere near the top 50 or so taking into account minimum amount of catches, etc...

for what it's worth all the top paid guys are above that...doug baldwin was around 40 this year....most are in the top 20 or so

Well Davante Adams, who was used as a gold standard in another thread, was 12.0 this year putting him in that same ballpark.

Reshad needs to be traded, he made zero impact on the Pro Bowl. Use the free money from Reshad to pay Landry, throw in some extra for his herculean effort in Hawaii this past weekend.
I wonder if anyone is willing t pick up that contract.

He really looked like someone not trying to get hurt. Maybe Hoops is on to something and that shoulder is still not right?
My comment was in jest. I didn't watch the game but the recent ones I have watched, the players more often than not look like they are playing to not get hurt. I think he will be alright as long his doesn't spend all offseason trying to defend his world record. Given the choice to keep one, I'm taking Jones over Landry 10 times out of 10.

My comment was in jest. I didn't watch the game but the recent ones I have watched, the players more often than not look like they are playing to not get hurt. I think he will be alright as long his doesn't spend all offseason trying to defend his world record. Given the choice to keep one, I'm taking Jones over Landry 10 times out of 10.

I agree with you but I do think there is some truth to the fact that Jones isn’t all the way back. He made more ‘Jones’ type plays late in the year.

I think this time off etc and next camp etc will serve him well.

If we're doing any honest assessments on effectiveness of players, we should probably throw out the season where Cutler showed very limited ability to peform basic QB functions such as accurately throw the ball to his players...

I agree with you but I do think there is some truth to the fact that Jones isn’t all the way back. He made more ‘Jones’ type plays late in the year.

I think this time off etc and next camp etc will serve him well.
the lack of a bye week killed our veteran players this year

Is this a new game where we pick 1 stat in 1 season to defines a players career? Cool.

Reshad Jones 48th in INT's, maybe instead of practicing throwing the ball to himself he should practice catching other peoples balls.
Devante Parker 1 TD in 96 targets, what a bum why is he even on the roster. What is that like 93rd in the league?
Kenyan Drake last year had 2 TD's on 33 rush attempts, this year 3 TD's on 133 rush attempts. Wait 100 more attempts and only 1 more TD? Vet minimum for this guy amiright?

I think Landry has benefited greatly by us not having a competent tight end in this offense. Having an athletic tight could really make it a pretty easy transition to move on from Landry.

Reshad needs to be traded, he made zero impact on the Pro Bowl. Use the free money from Reshad to pay Landry, throw in some extra for his herculean effort in Hawaii this past weekend.
$5m cap loss if you cut him. Good try, mike tannenbaum jr

I think Landry has benefited greatly by us not having a competent tight end in this offense. Having an athletic tight could really make it a pretty easy transition to move on from Landry.
Miami’s only weapon was Landry. At 8 yards a catch. It is not an indication of Landry but how bad the offense and coaching is. Get a real qb and Landry will average 12 yards a catch

Landry doesn't call the plays. It's not his fault he had 3 catches for 3 yards in bubble screens or the like every game. Those add up and bring your averages down significantly.

Back
Top Bottom