Landry almost got traded last year. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry almost got traded last year.

Weren't they taking calls on a trade right up until the trade deadline?

I'm sure they were fielding calls but maybe they asked for too much? They should have taken a 2nd or a 3rd when they had the chance

Ozzy rules!!

Not surprised. Teams inquire about other players all the time.

9405.jpg

According to the Baltimore Sun's Jeff Zrebiec, the Ravens were one of the teams that spoke to the Dolphins about a potential Jarvis Landry trade last offseason.

It's notable since Landry is now set to become a free agent in less than two months with Miami not showing much desire to get him inked to a long-term deal. However, Zrebiec "cannot imagine" the Ravens meeting Landry's sky-high asking price at north of $13 million annually. After failing to acquire Landry last year, the Ravens signed Jeremy Maclin, who was a major disappointment and will likely be one-and-done in Baltimore.

Ozzy rules!!

The key there is that they were talking about trading him before the season even started which tells me they don't really want to keep him or don't want to run the offense thru him. At the same time they didn't want to give him away for nothing either.

Ozzy rules!!

That's what I figured. I don't believe the market is going to be friendly to Landry if he makes it there unlike what many think in Dolfan nation.
I think he will get a reality check as well. Personally, I am ready to move on. Draft a guy like Berrios and have a more balanced offense. Seems to be gases preference anyway. I am ready to feed Stills more.

Well obviously they wanted at least a 2nd round pick. They could get another season out of him and get a comp 3rd so why give him to Baltimore for a 3rd?

We don’t have to run the offense through him just because he’s our best offensive player. I’m not even sure we do run it though him any more than NE runs their O through Edelman when healthy and Welker before that and now Amendooofus.

Back
Top Bottom