Landry almost got traded last year. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry almost got traded last year.

We don’t have to run the offense through him just because he’s our best offensive player. I’m not even sure we do run it though him any more than NE runs their O through Edelman when healthy and Welker before that and now Amendooofus.

New England targeted Amendola only 86 times this season compared to
160 times for Landry

Amendola in his 5 years as a Pat has been targeted 329 times
while Landry has been targeted 567 times in 4 seasons

Well obviously they wanted at least a 2nd round pick. They could get another season out of him and get a comp 3rd so why give him to Baltimore for a 3rd?
That makes the most sense which is why they probably took a very low 4th for Jay. Why give away the production now if your still going to get compensation later. Landry style would fit in at Baltimore as the covet aggressive players more than Miami. When playing certain teams like Baltimore and Pitt I expect to get punishment with physical play which has normally not been a Dolphins trait.

I am leaning towards letting him go, think Gase wants a offense that spreads the ball around to different players making it hard for defense to game plan around

Juice seems like a Ravens player. He's probably knock the snot out of us every year...

Harbaugh LOVES Landry, and has been effusive with praise about him on a couple occasions. Baltimore is cap strapped though, so I doubt they can afford him.

Hope we sign him. We got way to many holes. Don't need anther. Parker sucks. Would've been not a bad thing if Parker lived up to his value. Parker is terrible, and his upside is over. Grant played in 3 games and has more TD,s then Parker. But T-bum will sign Parker next year for 12.5 mil a year. Typical Miami Dolphins football

If TBum asked for a 2nd round pick, IMO it was more than justified. We "paid" the price of a 2nd round pick to draft Landry, and nothing he's done on the field since has done anything but appreciate his value.

If TBum asked for a 2nd round pick, IMO it was more than justified. We "paid" the price of a 2nd round pick to draft Landry, and nothing he's done on the field since has done anything but appreciate his value.

I’m assuming they were asking for a 2 and a 5 or something like that...

This better not be a new trend of agreeing with a move tbum made? :dead

I guess Ozzie Newsome was teasing Tannenbaum at the Senior Bowl about "deal that could have been" and MT was not smiling. Probably because now he knows that Ozzie can get him without draft compensation. If they want to meet his price. I'm guessing Miami is letting him test the market.

I assume we were asking for a 2nd. I wouldn't give up more than a 4th or a 5th for Landry if I was Baltimore. You have to give up the pick and then the 13 million or so annual contract. Difficult deal to make for both sides, not a big surprise it fell apart.

I assume we were asking for a 2nd. I wouldn't give up more than a 4th or a 5th for Landry if I was Baltimore. You have to give up the pick and then the 13 million or so annual contract. Difficult deal to make for both sides, not a big surprise it fell apart.

IT also point to the assessed value other teams may have about him (I am assuming here). That doesn't mean a team won't give him his 15 million a year, but Baltimore is typically seen as one of the best run organization and they don't see that value.

Back
Top Bottom