Landry contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry contract

MIAMIeverything

Active Roster
Reaction score
If he gets a contract and I say IF can they put something in on the lines of behavior? Such as every time he gets a personal foul for his antics and costs the team 15 yards he gets docked certain amount of money out of his check? I understand his passion and all but theirs a difference between arrogance and and toughness example anquan bolden wasn’t the fastest just like Landry isn’t but he was ferocious never cost his team penalty’s with over the top nonsense he celebrates and mouths off every catch even if it’s for a 1 yard gain he has the wr diva ego and should wish he would leave it between the whistles and just play ball hard that extra **** he does just hurts the team

.. sorry I ranted a bit towards the end lol

he is the only one in the WR that has fight. Parker is a diva and Stills is inconsistent. Carroo is a bust.

he is the only one in the WR that has fight. Parker is a diva and Stills is inconsistent. Carroo is a bust.

And Landry's not a diva? Too much of his "fight" comes at the expense of penalties. There's a line between showing you care and are passionate and being totally undisciplined. Discipline needs to be a major focus throughout camps next year and into the season. Just ridiculous lack of professionalism. Stop pointing every first down Jarvis, that's your job when you catch a six yard pass on second and four. Good grief his act is tiresome. Teams are now clearly targeting his short fuse. He dodged a big bullet with the off the field domestic issue and I won't shed a tear if he walks.

Parker is not a diva he is lazy doesn’t give 100% and is always hurt
Stills issue is that they force feed Landry on 3 yard passes all year and go 3 and out or don’t get past the 50 cause the line is horrible hence low yards high volume of catches
He’s not in the top 15 of yards
In the top 100 recivers this year he is 93rd in yard average
His fight brings yellow flags
Yet he wants top dollar for what attitude?

Any team in the league with cap space and a need for a receiver is going to throw big money at him. We just have to give him an enticing enough number before free agency starts. If he hits the open market it's over. Tag him or sign him.

Too delicate of a situation to throw those types of incentives in an offer.

Simple supply and demand. If we want him we will have to pay big, if we don't want him many other teams will pay big and he'll be more than ok.

If they were to put that type of language in a contract then I'm sure he just wouldn't sign it and wait and sign with a team with a normal contract.

I like Landry but his fight comes at the expense of 15 yard penalties. He's going to ask too much in contract demands and I don't think the Dolphins should give it to him. As I've already suggested, Landry isn't at the top of the WR totem pole in the two areas I value most for WRs which is TD % and 1st Down %.

Simple supply and demand. If we want him we will have to pay big, if we don't want him many other teams will pay big and he'll be more than ok.
Yup. And then we will be drafting a WR at #11 because Stills definitely isn't a #1 and DVP is still an uncertainty.

Build through the draft they say.....hard to do that when you can't keep the home grown guys.

What a shame, I really don't expect Miami to sign him long term.

Yup. And then we will be drafting a WR at #11 because Stills definitely isn't a #1 and DVP is still an uncertainty.
A WR might be the best player on the board at that time. I believe Sutton and Ridley are more dynamic than him and both will make more plays down the field too so drafting a WR like those two is not a bad thing

Ozzy rules!!

I'm surprised that so many of you don't really care if he goes. We need him, we just need to get him signed and maybe sit him down and tell him what we need from him going forward. Have someone like Paul Warfield or Bob Griese talk to him, Dolphin legends that are in the HOF, it could only help. Bring in Shula if you have to. We rarely draft guys that go to Pro Bowls, are we really going to just let one go?? I sure hope not.

He's going to ask too much, looking forward for the 3rd round comp
pic in 2019

Back
Top Bottom