Landry is not getting a contract this season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by motormouthmaz, Aug 9, 2017.

1. motormouthmaz

motormouthmaz Rookie

2. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

it will get done one way or another. if not this front office is absolutely clueless. the other big problem is juice wants top 5 money. i wouldnt pay him that due to the fact he isnt in the endzone enough. jmo. but the other things he brings to the team are unquestionable. intensity, chain mover, the type of runner he is after the catch are 2nd to none. i honestly wouldnt go over 12 but who knows.

3. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

If he has a Top 5 season then it'd be hard to justify not paying him as such. I don't think he'll finish that high but a Top 10-15 isn't out of the question.

4. FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard FearTheBurke

He's gone to me. Writing has been on the wall all offseason as I see it. Outside of a down season where he can be had for non-elite money.

NBP81 likes this.
  5. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

It business, but it is very ****ed up for that guy to go into this season without a contract extension, based on what he's accomplished.

I personally would hold out. There's such a limited window for a non-quarterback in the NFL to truly cash in. And all it takes is one shot to the knee, and you'll never get that money.

6. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

The domestic abuse cloud isn't good for a signing right now. It looks mostly like BS, but you'd hate to do something and then have a Ray Rice video drop after. Need to let that play out.

Also, I think you could see him have a down year as Cutler will look to make use of DeVante and Stills more as they fit more the style he likes to play...

TheJetsBlow likes this.
  7. Stefins

Stefins Just a Dolphins Fan

Even before the issue. I was predicting that he will not be resigned.
    I feel that, especially since signing Stills, that they will trade him in the off season.

Of course, this is all pending on Parker stepping up big time this year.

8. Michael Scott

Michael Scott A True Fan

Ridiculous to give Kiko and Branch the money they got and not Landry. That would make zero sense. I just think they're very far apart in money and the Dolphins FO have probably already decided to just tag him next year. Another mistake.

It's stupid really. He's not a one year wonder. Pay the man. I will lose all respect for this team and the whole "take care of our own" deal if our most consistently productive player isn't taken care of.

I'll always say it.... I love Adam Gase but that front office is idiotic from top to bottom. Still can't believe they prioritized Branch over a top flight guard in free agency.

Snoop likes this.
  9. spiketex

spiketex Kiko, El Bravo 47 - the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

Jarvis wants and expects top 5 NFL WR money. He's great, but let's see what he can deliver in terms of more touchdowns.

10. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

He did have several plays where he was tackled inside the five yard line, for what it's worth

11. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

First and goal

12. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

So?

13. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

That's the worth

14. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater Not Quite A Shredder Finheaven VIP

Why say the FO clueless if not signed when you acknowledge he may just want too much cash? Like you say, there needs to be a limit for a guy that does not see the endzone much...slot receiver.

I want him back, but if his demands are unreasonable, thats on Landry, not the front office, who would be smart to not just bend over.

Spiff likes this.
  15. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

Landry isnt going anywhere.

16. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

They prioritized DE and LB, two positions that look weak without those players, over WR, a position that would still be decent to good with a healthy Parker and the emergence of their 2016 3rd round pick.

Now of course they go DE/LB in the draft because they had those guys as BPA . . .and those positions were still weaker than a WR group without Landry.

If you ask me, you are looking at a much better run front office, and part of that is because of Adam Gase's input.

You think if Adam Gase wanted a guard or demanded Landry locked up that it wouldn't get done? His hands are all over this roster and the players we bring in.

royalshank and PhinsAAA like this.
  17. susser2000

susser2000 A True Fan

Didn't he make it known that he wouldn't be negotiating during the season?

18. JJM_7

JJM_7 A True Fan

There's still time to get something done. Just because he's not getting extended now doesn't mean he won't in the future.

Doesn't mean he will, either, but it's too early to predict what will happen with his signing, considering he's still under contract this year and we could tag him in 2018.

19. Despacio

Despacio Pro Bowler

Remember Rashad had to wait a year but was rewarded handsomely.

TheJetsBlow likes this.
  20. 06HEMI

06HEMI Active Member

Love the guy.....but he's just not worth top 5 WR $. Touchdowns = $$$$. I mean what did he have 4?.... Just sayin. I Just think Parker has the potential to be a complete WR maybe there waiting to see if he ballsout this year. You can only have so much $ invested in your WR.

21. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

And if he goes to the Pats and puts up 15 TDs, you will all feel foolish again.

Wes Welker should have proven that to you, it wasnt that long ago. And Landry is FAR better than Welker.

Pay Landry. (It doesnt have to be this year, but he needs to remain a Dolphin.)

MelbournePhin likes this.
  22. Phinz1972

Phinz1972 Make me a sammich

Rather it be Miami or another team with another player, I think that is now the status quo in such situations dealing with that topic, at least it should be(for every good call, there is a moron like Jerry Jones signing a Greg Hardy).

With that said, with all that read on the matter dealing with Jarvis, it seems believable on the story given by both sides. He and the mother of his child were arguing rather loud, somebody heard and called the police(I rather have somebody worry and call instead of not pay attention and then act shock when worst case scenarios happen), police came and no physical harm was done to either. Anybody that has taken part in or witnessed a battle of rights/custody for a child knows it gets ugly and heated at times. Each side wants to display the worse of the other to help their cause, so those emotions will build. With as much passion Jarvis displays on the field and sidelines, I have no doubt when you mix in something like his own flesh & blood, that passion and amp level goes through the roof. I like to believe that Ross & company learned from past mistakes and having the likes of Ted Wells become a focal point in your building, so they need to do all their work and check it twice.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  23. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

It's a limited window for any player at that level but I get your point

24. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

It's really a big question to me why Landry with all his skill and catches hasn't scored many TDs. Last season he was tackled several times inside the 5. IMO it's just a matter of timing before he gets double digit TDs in a season.

abNORMal and Avigatorx like this.
  25. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

Agree. And this is why I thought Miami should have let Stills walk and then draft a speed WR. They can't invest a big chunk of money in the position. If they are smart there is a way to pay all 3 by staggering the players money. For example, Parker can go 3 more years before getting big money which will be when Stills contract is up.

26. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

And the guy that got a huge contract and accomplish next to nothing?

27. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

Since when do the Pats, other than Brady, pay the money Landry is supposedly asking for.

Spiff, Kdawg954 and Goin` Deep like this.
  28. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

no what I was saying is that they are clueless if they didn't try or just him walk.

29. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater Not Quite A Shredder Finheaven VIP

Gotcha. Yeah it would suck to lose another young star player after their rookie contract...it looks bad, but again they have to draw line somewhere. I guess if it is clear cut and he is too far up in la-la land with his price, the thing to do would be trade him - but is any team going to trade much for a guy who could hit the market after this season? Anyway hope it doesn't come to that....if it does, im blaming OBJ

sinPHIN likes this.
  30. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

except Parker has a vagina whereas Jarvis has rhinoceros balls. Give me the latter over the former any day.

31. Gsmack_42

Gsmack_42 Well-Known Member

Trade him to the Jets for there 1st next year.

32. Spiff

Spiff Starter Finheaven VIP

Landry is not worth top 5 WR money. If these are his demands, I'm afraid you have to let him go. Parker, Stills and any big body TE are much more valuable in Gase's system than a slot WR.

33. 39wildman

39wildman A True Fan

pay the man his money and move on.. if u give cutler6 10m. juice should get his too......

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    72 silky likes this.
  34. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

Man, I hope Miami signs him. The longer the wait, the more chance of Landry going elsewhere. I guess the franchise tag could be used.

The scary thing is that if the Dolphins are using the New England model, we could see them decide not to sign Landry. This could especially be true if Carroo emerges.

35. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Rashad wasn't set to become a free agent.

The rising cap is nice to make some of your previous bad contracts less significant but everybody elses cap is rising too, which means the free agent market becomes less predictable.

36. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

How does this Zeke suspension affect Jarvis? What is the story anyway? Where can I get it?

37. Martel13

Martel13 Since '84 Super Donator

with the Dolphins luck Im already preparing for Landry to walk

38. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

True, but he won't. He's not that caliber of player, and doesn't deserve to be paid like one.

39. Eesti

Eesti Rookie

I actually saw on twitter today that the Bills want to trade for him badly.

40. Phinsguy

Phinsguy A True Fan

From this story it may be nothing.......but as typical, a kneejerk overblown reaction by the NFL going overboard to look like they are serious about ANY claims of domestic violence (even....apparently....when the female involved said nothing happened.....AND , it's important to note she didn't call police but a third party did):

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-says-allegations-battery-girlfriend-not-true

"Landry's girlfriend, Estrella Cerqueira, released a statement Monday saying she had a "vocal disagreement" with Landry this past March and that police were called, although she did not call them.

Cerqueira also said in the statement that "there were no criminal charges" and that she "was not in any way physically harmed.....I would like to make it very clear that Jarvis would never, ever do anything to harm me or anyone else," Cerqueira said in her statement."

DolfanISS likes this.