Landry Trade Rumor Talk | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Trade Rumor Talk

Without Tanny Landry won't be 100 catch guy and Tanny effect our cap to sign him

Well, they won't trade Parker. Signing Kenny Stills was the writing on the wall in invisible ink. Signing Thomas inched us closer. Needing to sign Cutler was the final nail. We have other needs and we can't have Stills and Landry on big contracts while banking on Parker to develop and Carroo improving.

This is why you develop an embarrassment of riches at one position; develop trade-able assets. And here we are staring at future needs on D and OL while being loaded at offensive skill positions. Different circumstances but it feels a little like Wes Welker 2.0.

Stills and Parker offer unique skill sets. Thomas and Carroo can fill the void. We simply have too many mouths to feed. And it is foolish to think we can keep Landry, Stills, Parker, Carroo, Thomas and the other developing WRs forever.

Let's not forget Fasano will help shoulder the underneath workload while Carroo continues to develop.

This is a "Sell High" moment for Landry. He's not getting Top 5 or Top 10 money. And while he is deserving, he is a non-TD producing possession receiver. No matter how much we like him, his skill set loss can be absorbed. Unlike a Stills or Parker. Maybe even Thomas if he gets his head on straight.

I can't see how there's any faith in Caroo to just "step in" and replace Landry. I don't give 2 shits about what we traded up to get this guy who couldn't stay active over Scott and another no namer that slips my mind. Thomas looks mediocre at best. I do not have enough confidence in these 2 players to trade Landry. There is no rush to make a decision here.

Hey Sons of Shula it's gonna be hilarious when all these Kiko fans come to the realization that his unnecessary $10M cap number next year is a big reason why Landry's long term role with the franchise is in jeopardy.

umm we could just cut Julius Thomas & MaxWell next year in the off-season

Not sure how i feel, he is one of my fav players but i understand its a biz. If true, wouldn't you think there would be teams knocking the door down trying to land a player of his caliber?

I would think he is highly coveted and hell no to the Pats for whatever compensation.

umm we could just cut Julius Thomas & MaxWell next year in the off-season
Kiko contract is the least of our worries when it Comes to keeping Landry. The cap is flexible you can work it

See, I totally get what you are seeing but I think it's about timing.

We're two weeks away from Week 1. We paid Cutler. We're looking to compete and we're looking to make a playoff bid. Too many mouths to feed is a problem we want to have.

Landry, Parker, Stills fronting our WR group gives us a dynamic group that not many other NFL teams can compare to.

Now is not the time. If we can't lock Jarvis up because we can't agree on a deal or we determine there is too much money invested at the WR position then we franchise him and make a deal.

But right now, it's just not smart my man...

And if we can't come to an agreement with anyone on a fair deal? Franchise tag for Landry next year means a cap number of over $16M.

If Landry is traded he will come back to haunt this franchise for a decade, you can count on it. Not unlike the dozen other WR's out there that have either been released, traded or wore a Dolphins uniform for even a minute.

I think a trade is unlikely, but Landry is the only WR that makes sense. Carroo has more value in potential for Miami than he has on the trade market. They just inked Stills to a team-friendly deal, and everyone is waiting for Parker to break out.

Because it's unlikely that a team gives Miami the compensation they'll want for Landry, they'll probably let the season play out, hope to sign him to a team-friendly deal, or hope for a nice comp pick.

If they decide to trade him, they better get unbelievable value for him. I can not believe they are even considering it. It will be another bad decision in a long list of bad decisions this organization has made.

Back
Top Bottom