Landry Trade Rumor Talk | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Trade Rumor Talk

Except it's not the past, bub. It's a recent situation that is currently affecting the team.

It's done and we can't do anything about that trade but you seem to
have a vendetta against both...get over it but you enjoy wallowing
in your negativity...I actually find it quite amusing

I think a trade is unlikely, but Landry is the only WR that makes sense. Carroo has more value in potential for Miami than he has on the trade market. They just inked Stills to a team-friendly deal, and everyone is waiting for Parker to break out.

Because it's unlikely that a team gives Miami the compensation they'll want for Landry, they'll probably let the season play out, hope to sign him to a team-friendly deal, or hope for a nice comp pick.
Very true. We likely get a 3rd rounder in comp maybe a 2nd if he simply walks. All depends on his contract of course which will be enormous if he walks

It's not as if Miami is loaded with talent. The talent base here is improving, but I can't understand why the team would want to trade one of its best young players.

From a salary cap standpoint, there are ways to make a deal work. I'm definitely not in favor of trading away Landry. Even if the team gets a first round pick, there are no guarantees that a draft pick will pan out.

The Dolphins need to build the team the right way, which is avoiding major high cost free agents, drafting well and filling in with guys who won't break the bank.

Guys we can save 10 million just by cutting Maxwell, the salary cap is no biggie

It's not as if Miami is loaded with talent. The talent base here is improving, but I can't understand why the team would want to trade one of its best young players.

From a salary cap standpoint, there are ways to make a deal work. I'm definitely not in favor of trading away Landry. Even if the team gets a first round pick, there are no guarantees that a draft pick will pan out.

The Dolphins need to build the team the right way, which is avoiding major high cost free agents, drafting well and filling in with guys who won't break the bank.

We don't know everything that is going on, what if Landry's agent said he want's top 5 WR money and team said no. The agent could have said please explore trading him then. I'm not saying that's the case but we just don't know.

One thing's for sure if we pay Landry you have a lot of money invested in the WR position. If Parker does develop, still an if, you have to pay Parker.

Per Rotoworld the Dolphins are listening to trade offers for Jarvis Landry.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/...de-offers-for-landry?ls=roto:MIA:topheadlines

It says:
According to The Ringer's Mike Lombardi, the Dolphins are "seriously" listening to any trade offers involving Jarvis Landry.

Per Lombardi, the Dolphins are "not going to re-sign" Landry to an extension after the season, and they are intent on turning over the passing-game focal point reins to DeVante Parker, evidenced by Parker's No. 1 wideout usage during the preseason. ... Still, we suspect the Fins would at least would a second-round pick in return, and we suspect few if any teams would be willing to pay that price for a capped-ceiling slot receiver.

Back
Top Bottom