Landry’s price increases with Hopkins signing | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry’s price increases with Hopkins signing

An argument could be made doesn't mean Hartline is better than Landry. That's not what it means at all. Not sure why you're lost.

Trade a player who's better than Landry, eat $7M in accelerated bonus money, pay him more than Stills, and depend on a 5'6", 170lb WR who has never been a full time player in the NFL to be a full time player in the NFL. There is no end to the Landry gymnastics.

https://media.tenor.com/images/45af3835a9e5daa6eaafd410b06bc505/tenor.gif

How can you not see that Still's and Landry's skill sets are completely different in what they bring?

Stills cannot navigate the MOF anywhere near the capabilites of Landry. Landry is the one who demands attention in the MOF to help rotate coverage off the top of Stills.

They are complimentary, not comparable.

So you agree that Landry's value is substantial to us with him being top 3 on the team in snap count percentage in being involved in over 94% of the plays. Good. Don't forget about his ST contributions either.

What would be fair compensation in your opinion?

How can you not see that Still's and Landry's skill sets are completely different in what they bring?

Stills cannot navigate the MOF anywhere near the capabilites of Landry. Landry is the one who demands attention in the MOF to help rotate coverage off the top of Stills.

They are complimentary, not comparable.

I'm aware of that. You're cool with the scenario I responded to?

I'm aware of that. You're cool with the scenario I responded to?

I'm not sure I understood it TBH.

Oh trading Stills and thinking Grant replaces him?

Commented here.

Like Landry being erroneously compared to Caroo, I'm just going to flat out state that Grant doesn't hold a candle to Stills' skill set as a receiver.

Hopkins is a considerably more valuable player than Landry. I hope we don't pay Landry anything like that, and I love Landry.

Yep. Landry brings to the table what Fitzgerald does at his age now in the slot and Doug Baldwin is also a better slot WR. Lines up with my thought process perfectly.

And like I said in the post above, the future rising cap and continued market will offset a current top 10 contract in just a year or two.

Somewhere in the $10M per year sounds fair to me.

Back
Top Bottom