LANGER 72 - Final mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LANGER 72 - Final mock

LANGER72

Active Roster
Reaction score
We are going to need to score more points, run the ball more effectively, and stop the run.
The top 6 players on my board should make this team and Britt could be a surprise at RT. Henderson is a high risk/ high reward if his brain is engaged.
All the injuries are a concern at WR. I have got that covered. Cooks and Herron could be something special IMHO.
Moreno, Johnson and Miller platoon at RB with Thigpen getting a few carries. Sign a FA fullback.
Borland puts wheeler on the bench.
Richardson looks like our RG, teamed with Britt. rebuilds our right side.
If Henderson pans out, he could replace Albert 2-3 years down the road.

Draft picks:
1. Brandon Cooks - WR
2. Chris Borland - ILB
3. Cyril Richardson- OG
4. Robert Herron - WR
5 Storm Johnson - RB
6. Justin Britt - OT
7. Sentreal Henderson - OT

I don't know about the Cooks pick at all. Certainly, not as our 1st overrall pick!

I love Cooks and what he would add to the offense. I think Miami goes wide receiver or corner (Dennard) with that #1 pick or trade down and look at James.

Borland should be solid, not sure about his coverage ability but his instincts are elite. Nice player. It's amazing how far Richardson has fallen after being dominated by Aaron Dobson. Dobson is just that good. Not sure Richardson is a good fit for zone blocking. Like the roll the dice pick on Henderson.

If you are relying on Britt to come in and fit a ZBS, I think that you are going to be disappointed. I do not think he has the what it takes to get to the 2nd level. He is more of a initial pop and shove out of the way. Initially, he tries to be so violent that it takes his feet out of the play. If you know what I mean.

Most of you guys know a lot more about the college players than I do. I figured I would take a stab at it.
This mock is an amalgamation of who I want picked and who I think Hickey will pick.
If I was GM, these selections would be some what different.
It will be fun to see how it turns out. I am tired of waiting. I like the draft better in April.

If you are relying on Britt to come in and fit a ZBS, I think that you are going to be disappointed. I do not think he has the what it takes to get to the 2nd level. He is more of a initial pop and shove out of the way. Initially, he tries to be so violent that it takes his feet out of the play. If you know what I mean.

I like that aggression and initial pop, and yes he does struggle at the 2nd level at times. Most of our running plays are one cut and quick hitters, so it shouldn't impact to badly. Coaching with Benton should help him as well. I really think Benton will be picking the OL players, and Hickey will go along.
At that stage of the draft, he looks pretty good though. Elite? No. A solid starter. I would say yes.

Fingers and toes crossed for Lee or Cooks. Like your patience. We need more picks; I try to trade #50.

RW

Langer - Thanks for having the guts to present your picks. Biggest problem from your mock draft is that our O-line gets addressed as an afterthought. You may have found the right guys but I question the priorities.

Brandin Cooks was my pick...He may not get to us though...nobody is talking about him because they WANT him.

He is an impact player.

Langer - Thanks for having the guts to present your picks. Biggest problem from your mock draft is that our O-line gets addressed as an afterthought. You may have found the right guys but I question the priorities.

My mindset is that apart from the top 1-3 OL players, the rest are pretty much the same in terms of talent. I also believe that we never should draft LG,C,RG,RT, with a first round pick.
At our position in the draft, those top players are gone and I can settle for guys deeper down in the draft.
Drafting Richardson in the 3rd gives us the option at RG, or RT. I think he could play either position. I do not think I ignored the Oline. I am counting on Britt as well. He can play.
Henderson is a roll of the dice, but if he grows up, he has elite physical talent and could plat either tackle spots.
I still think we will sign a veteran RT between now and camp just to play it safe.
Cooks is the type of WR that compliments Wallace and Hartline. I am not worried about his size, he can flat out play. Duper and Clayton were 5'10".
Borland has short arms, but our Dline should keep him clean and he will work great in our defense IMHO.
Good luck to Hickey and the Fins tonight. I will be a fun draft to watch.

Back
Top Bottom