last 4 games vs Pats | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

last 4 games vs Pats

Tannchise

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
In the last 4 games vs the Pats, we have been down either 14-0 by end of 1, or 19-0 by half.
This is the trend that absolutely needs to stop. Miami has to get to 3rd and short, fake punts and avoid the pre snap penalties

At least we have them at home. We got untracked a bit against Denver, maybe we'll battle them down to the wire. I hope we kick the **** out of them all damn day!

At least we have them at home. We got untracked a bit against Denver, maybe we'll battle them down to the wire. I hope we kick the **** out of them all damn day!

NE is a lot better than Denver. Denver would probably give the Browns their first win.

NE won't fall for the sneaky stuff, too well coached. Just hope beli and Thomas don't give us some our own med and shoot for 100. They like to ring it up in these spots.

New England will always find a teams' weakness and exploit it.

For Miami it's a lack of overall speed on the defense, but specifically at linebacker. We can't cover the Patriots short game and that's why NE puts up points easily and consistently against the Dolphins.

And Brady gets rid of the ball so quick it negates a pass rush more often than not

It all depends on Cutler who throws to players that are covered, instead of throwing to the one that's not.

I feel the problem is that instead of playing down and distance we take too many chances with ill-advised play calling with players who are incapable of executing the play that called where it's effective.

I feel the problem is that instead of playing down and distance we take too many chances with ill-advised play calling with players who are incapable of executing the play that called where it's effective.
yes I agree. I also want to add if they run on first and are unsuccessful, running again to make it 3rd and long is the exact mentality we have to avoid.

And Brady gets rid of the ball so quick it negates a pass rush more often than not
.......and that's why having good LB play is important, those quick 3 and 4 yard passes should be blown up by our LB unit.

In the last 4 games vs the Pats, we have been down either 14-0 by end of 1, or 19-0 by half.
This is the trend that absolutely needs to stop. Miami has to get to 3rd and short, fake punts and avoid the pre snap penalties

The last 3 games the QB stats were

Nov 26 2017-- Moore 1 TD-- 2 INT-- 0 Fumbles

Jan 1 2016--Moore 2 TD--1 INT--1 fumble

Sept 18 2016 Tannehill 2 TD--2 INT--1 fumble

Grand total of 5 TD--5 INT--2 fumbles

Going against the Pat's defense I fully expect Cutler to struggle. Hopefully he surprises everyone

We are simply outcoached monday through saturday, that' why we suck in 1st half.

Last 4 Games involving Miami and the Patriots beginning with the 2013 season (Miami at home):

2013 season: Week 15 Sun Dec 15 2013 at Mia Miami 24, New England 20
2014 season: Week 1 Sun Sep 7 2014 at Mia Miami 33, New England 20
2015 season: Week 17 Sun Jan 3 2016 at Mia Miami 20, New England 10
2016 season: Week 17 Sun Jan 1 2017 at Mia New England 35, Miami 14
2017 season: Week 14 Mon Dec 11 2017 NE at Mia

Primary team Miami: 3-1
Points for Miami: 91
Points against Miami: 85

Hopefully home field makes a difference like it has in the past. One can hope.

Last 4 Games involving Miami and the Patriots beginning with the 2013 season (Miami at home):

2013 season: Week 15 Sun Dec 15 2013 at Mia Miami 24, New England 20
2014 season: Week 1 Sun Sep 7 2014 at Mia Miami 33, New England 20
2015 season: Week 17 Sun Jan 3 2016 at Mia Miami 20, New England 10
2016 season: Week 17 Sun Jan 1 2017 at Mia New England 35, Miami 14
2017 season: Week 14 Mon Dec 11 2017 NE at Mia

Primary team Miami: 3-1
Points for Miami: 91
Points against Miami: 85

Hopefully home field makes a difference like it has in the past. One can hope.
Those were Philbin and Campbell teams. Those teams were competitive with New England. Gase has not even come close.

Back
Top Bottom