Lawrence Maroney | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lawrence Maroney

TKAllDay

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Why is he projected to go in the first round? Hes big and powerful but thats about it. I watched him play so many times this year when his team was televised, and sure I saw some big runs, but this guy is so overrated..

Im calling it right now.. NFL BUST

tommybobommy said:
Why is he projected to go in the first round? Hes big and powerful but thats about it. I watched him play so many times this year when his team was televised, and sure I saw some big runs, but this guy is so overrated..

Im calling it right now.. NFL BUST

Hmm, that's a surprising evaluation because his MO is his 4.4 break away speed that lead to so many long touchdowns. He runs with decent power & has okay hands out of the backfield. One of the reasons he's projected to go so high is that he shows up & plays big vs top competition. In the past two years vs ranked opponents (8 games) Maroney has 196 carries for 1089 yards & an average of 5.5 ypc & 8 TDs. Though he's recently been hurt, he's proven to be quite durable with 7 games with more than 25 carries & 3 games this year with more than 35 carries.

Ive been impressed w/ him the last couple years. Id rather have Deangelo Williams if I were drafting a RB high but some team will be happy w/ Maroney imo.

DonShula84 said:
Ive been impressed w/ him the last couple years. Id rather have Deangelo Williams if I were drafting a RB high but some team will be happy w/ Maroney imo.

I'd rather have Maroney.

Maroney is rated right where he should be. He's not particularly great between the tackles, but he's extremely dangerous on sweeps and tosses. Always a threat to take it all the way.

I swear, if the nickname "Cadillac" wasn't already taken, it would be perfect for Maroney because he runs so smooth. He just kinda glides through the field, like he's not even trying hard.

Back
Top Bottom