Lawson fans beware........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lawson fans beware........

RichmondWeb

Humble FinHeaven Member
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I am convinced we should take Manny Lawson, no question! I was exstatic that on the Sirius mock-draft last night, where a major inside reporter for each team selected a player for their team, our guy jumped on Lawson. However, 6 picks later when the NE guy said the Patriots would "settle" for Cromartie, he confided that Lawson was the guy they wanted and that they might try to trade up to get ahead of Miami, perhaps making a deal with the Ravens. I'm not sure we have the draft ammo to keep up with them and Cromartie might be a good alternate, but I am even more convinced that if NE wants him that bad, he's deFINately our guy!

RW

Aw man...you had me worried with the thread title. I thought you had some inside information or something on Lawson that we would have us thinking about not drafting him. I'm not surprised that NE or any other team might try to move up to draft him. He's a lot like Jason Taylor was coming out of college and maybe NE thinks he can eventually become for them what McGinest was for them for years.

Why don't they just trade up with us, rather than ahead of us? I'm sure we're not dead set on a guy at 16 and if Cromartie was available at the Pats pick, I'd love it. Chances are, if Belichick likes this guy, so does Saban.

I would rather them trade up. Lawson is not a lock for our pick and I would rather accumulate an extra pick or two and still get a quality player like;
Lawson
Holmes
Carpenter
Whitner
Cromartie
etc

HysterikiLL said:
Why don't they just trade up with us, rather than ahead of us? I'm sure we're not dead set on a guy at 16 and if Cromartie was available at the Pats pick, I'd love it. Chances are, if Belichick likes this guy, so does Saban.

They probably have no interest in helping us out, being as we are their main rivals for the division title next year and in the near future. By the way, that's an awesome avatar!

Back
Top Bottom