lawson interview | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

lawson interview

InSabanWeTrust1

Section 238 row 6
Reaction score
[mod] Please keep draft threads in the draft forum. [/mod]

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/48495/160

PHP:
Michael Egnak: Where do you expect to go in the NFL Draft this weekend?
Manny Lawson: From what I've heard, I'm anywhere from a low first to high second.
ME: Have any teams showed more interest in you than others?
ML: No, it's actually been the same questions of who has been looking at you, what positions do you think you can field and stuff like that.
ME: Has anyone said what position you will likely play in the NFL?
ML: Several teams have been looking at me, more so than many of them are looking at me to play outside linebacker. A few have been looking at me to be an extended defensive end.
ME: Do you know which side you will be playing for linebacker?
ML: Actually, I don't think it matters because pretty much in all 3-4 schemes, both linebackers have the same responsibilities. From what I've been looking at anywhere from left to right, because I'm capable of playing both.
ME: How much experience have you had playing at outside linebacker?
ML: I played outside linebacker my freshman and sophomore years, so two years.
ME: Would you prefer to play at defensive end or are you comfortable making the switch to outside linebacker?
ML: I'm more than comfortable making the switch, and I'd be more than happy to play defensive end. It doesn't matter at all to me.
ME: Do you think you improved your draft stock with your performance at the NFL Combine and at your Pro Day?
ML: Yes, I think I opened a lot of eyes and answered a lot of questions about my speed, my strength and my agility.
ME: For fans who aren't familiar with you, what characteristics do you bring on and off the field that you want them to know about you?
ML: Very intense - I'm a totally opposite guy from what I am in person. On the field I'm intense, I'm ready to make the plays, ready to make moves and just very energetic. In everyday life, you may walk by me and not even know who I am because I'm just laid back.
ME: Is there a specific team you would like to play or a certain area of the country you prefer to live in?
ML: No, not at all.
ME: Did you have a favorite team growing up?
ML: No, but I had favorite players. Ray Lewis, Jason Taylor, Dwight Freeney, John Lynch and those types of guys.
ME: What do you feel are your strengths that help set you apart from the competition?
ML: My speed is one and I the way I prepare for a game and how I use my preparation in game situations to prepare for my opponent.

so jason taylor was my favorite player growin up (after marino of course) but that doesnt mean im goin to play for the fins

I think Manny Lawson Is a stud, I definetly think we should pick him up if we cant trade down in the draft, I heard that Manny out did Mario Williams at there pro day.

Interesting that he didn't visit Miami....Is that because we have no interest or because Nick doesn't want to appear interested???

Back
Top Bottom