Le Batard: Dolphins fail to inspire trust

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Casas9425, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

2. AdamC13

AdamC13 Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

I heard one of the announcers during a preseason game ask the other announcer, "Are the Dolphins the most faceless franchise in the NFL?" and the other announcer answered, "Yep. Long, Bush and who else?"

Wins and talented players build trust. I know preseason games don't count in the standings, but when a team is struggling to establish and identity and goes 0-4 it has an effect on the fans thinking they won't win many games during the regular season.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
  3. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

What ever Lebetard. You think these are the only coaches that talk like that about their players? The strong and talented ones will stay, and the whiney, bitchy, selfish ones will go. Dansby is on the clock, if he doesn't like how to be in a professional organization then he's going to go.

But guys like Long, Pouncey, Bush, Tannehill, Bess, Odrick, Wake-- you won't ever see them complain once. And for right now those are our key guys.

4. Mr. Day

Mr. Day Starter

Damn, this is starting to smell like that 1-15 season.

5. TakeoSpikesNeck

TakeoSpikesNeck Well-Known Member

Why would we have trust we don't even have captains. Who are we the Jets? We can't handle captains now?

6. DcDolfan420

DcDolfan420 Banned Hammered

Incorrect sir! just wins.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

0-4 in preseason, lol.

7. DcDolfan420

DcDolfan420 Banned Hammered

C'mon bitches I can't sleep lets go!

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Dolphins 16-0.

8. Built2Win

Built2Win A True Fan

I see some bright spots and reason for optimism. Though nothing has convinced me that we wont be last in the afc east.

9. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

Put down the pipe.

10. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

we are not as bad as people think and ill stand by that.

11. ATL_PHIN_FAN

ATL_PHIN_FAN Winner Under Construction

Dan Lebetard, allowing an NFL infomercial, as he correctly called HK, to influence his opinion as to the state of the organization, is what's embarrassing here to me. I'd be much more likely to share his opinion if he actually had looked HIMSELF for the positives he claims are missing, then found none. But he didn't. All he's done is watch a reality show and presented the impressions he garnered from that as his season preview. That's just piss poor journalsim . . .

12. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

Watch the jets, that should do it. Don't get me wrong we are a bad team this year but at least we aren't as bad as the jets.

13. CRAZYDOLFAN305

CRAZYDOLFAN305 We Are Still Going To The SB

This is such bull****, he said he's going to name Captains week to week. Because you know if a captain get's a D.U.I during the bye week, someone who deserves it more, will get it. Or if someone decided to bail on his cab fair, we can name another Captain. What that does is keep every accountable, I would think that just common sense. But than again we suck and nothing we do seems logical.

14. sharp

sharp Scout Team

Didn't read the article but I know Dan's stance on the dolphins, hes a fan but he has been heartbroken cold

They never seem to win "that" game, tomorrow not even having anything to do with this

hopefully things will change

15. OrangeShorts

OrangeShorts Rookie

Lebetard is die hard Miami. He is not writing an article to bash or cause a stir. To be honest, this is the first time in the entire off season and pre-season that its hit me on how horrible job Jeff Ireland has done to get the first, 1st round Quarterback taken since Dan Mariano, any sort of help to groom. Not South Florida's own Reggie Wayne (talent and local boy ticket sales) or maybe, I dunno, Pierre Garcon (talent and local boy ticket sales. and please excuse the spelling). Those are just two random names that a business man like Stephen Ross and his partner Ireland would actually be smart enough to go and make a move to get the rookie some kind of first year help.

Sorry I went on a quick rant, but point being, as much talent as Ryan Tannehill may or may not have, I just hope Jeff Ireland isn't setting him up to be David Carr part 2.

16. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

LeBetard is one of a couple local guys i like and respect. Sometimes he gets anal in his analysis but he loves Miami, and shares his thoughts quite eloquently. He is merely pointing out what is blatantly obvious to most but some dont like to hear words that cast a shadow on something they love as much as the Dolphins. If the Dolphins start playing well and give fans a reason to believe the last decade can finally melt away, LeBetard will be the first to sing them his praises.

17. kasaba13

kasaba13 Seasoned Veteran

He can love Miami all he wants but this is piss poor journalism mostly built on personal feelings.

18. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

I absolutely do not respect his opinion. It is one that to me, is associated with a kids attitude of throwing sand in the face of the other kid. He has never shown any kind of respect for anyone and is always on ESPN, nuff said. its probly how he got his espn gig. just bash dolphins every chance you get.

but if miami were to start looking good, you wont hear much from this guy. He is not Miami. no sir, he is ESPN