Le Batard: Dolphins fail to inspire trust | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Le Batard: Dolphins fail to inspire trust

I heard one of the announcers during a preseason game ask the other announcer, "Are the Dolphins the most faceless franchise in the NFL?" and the other announcer answered, "Yep. Long, Bush and who else?"

Wins and talented players build trust. I know preseason games don't count in the standings, but when a team is struggling to establish and identity and goes 0-4 it has an effect on the fans thinking they won't win many games during the regular season.

Last edited by a moderator:
What ever Lebetard. You think these are the only coaches that talk like that about their players? The strong and talented ones will stay, and the whiney, bitchy, selfish ones will go. Dansby is on the clock, if he doesn't like how to be in a professional organization then he's going to go.

But guys like Long, Pouncey, Bush, Tannehill, Bess, Odrick, Wake-- you won't ever see them complain once. And for right now those are our key guys.

Damn, this is starting to smell like that 1-15 season.

Why would we have trust we don't even have captains. Who are we the Jets? We can't handle captains now?

I heard one of the announcers during a preseason game ask the other announcer, "Are the Dolphins the most faceless franchise in the NFL?" and the other announcer answered, "Yep. Long, Bush and who else?"

Wins and talented players build trust. I know preseason games don't count in the standings, but when a team is struggling to establish and identity and goes 0-4 it has an effect on the fans thinking they won't win many games during the regular season.

Incorrect sir! just wins.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

0-4 in preseason, lol.

C'mon bitches I can't sleep lets go!

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Dolphins 16-0.

I see some bright spots and reason for optimism. Though nothing has convinced me that we wont be last in the afc east.

we are not as bad as people think and ill stand by that.

Dan Lebetard, allowing an NFL infomercial, as he correctly called HK, to influence his opinion as to the state of the organization, is what's embarrassing here to me. I'd be much more likely to share his opinion if he actually had looked HIMSELF for the positives he claims are missing, then found none. But he didn't. All he's done is watch a reality show and presented the impressions he garnered from that as his season preview. That's just piss poor journalsim . . .

I see some bright spots and reason for optimism. Though nothing has convinced me that we wont be last in the afc east.
Watch the jets, that should do it. Don't get me wrong we are a bad team this year but at least we aren't as bad as the jets.

Why would we have trust we don't even have captains. Who are we the Jets? We can't handle captains now?

This is such bull****, he said he's going to name Captains week to week. Because you know if a captain get's a D.U.I during the bye week, someone who deserves it more, will get it. Or if someone decided to bail on his cab fair, we can name another Captain. What that does is keep every accountable, I would think that just common sense. But than again we suck and nothing we do seems logical.

Didn't read the article but I know Dan's stance on the dolphins, hes a fan but he has been heartbroken cold

They never seem to win "that" game, tomorrow not even having anything to do with this

hopefully things will change

Dan Lebetard, allowing an NFL infomercial, as he correctly called HK, to influence his opinion as to the state of the organization, is what's embarrassing here to me. I'd be much more likely to share his opinion if he actually had looked HIMSELF for the positives he claims are missing, then found none. But he didn't. All he's done is watch a reality show and presented the impressions he garnered from that as his season preview. That's just piss poor journalsim . . .

Lebetard is die hard Miami. He is not writing an article to bash or cause a stir. To be honest, this is the first time in the entire off season and pre-season that its hit me on how horrible job Jeff Ireland has done to get the first, 1st round Quarterback taken since Dan Mariano, any sort of help to groom. Not South Florida's own Reggie Wayne (talent and local boy ticket sales) or maybe, I dunno, Pierre Garcon (talent and local boy ticket sales. and please excuse the spelling). Those are just two random names that a business man like Stephen Ross and his partner Ireland would actually be smart enough to go and make a move to get the rookie some kind of first year help.

Sorry I went on a quick rant, but point being, as much talent as Ryan Tannehill may or may not have, I just hope Jeff Ireland isn't setting him up to be David Carr part 2.

Back
Top Bottom