LeBron or Durant. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeBron or Durant.

What makes this a tougher question than it appears is the fact that I have seen Durant improve every year in all phases of his game, including his defense. He is not a bad defender, his length really makes him a solid one on one defender. Where he struggles some is in regards to team defense/help defense . . . he's not bad, but it is the area he needs to improve the most.

That said, the man is only 24 years old and he is the best offensive weapon in the game and arguably the best shooter in the game. He certainly isn't a bad consolation prize for any team.

But Lebron = Magic Johnson, except stronger and faster . . . and that is ummatched in the NBA. His intensity level rivals Michael Jordan's and he only just turned 28 himself, with a body built to play into his mid 30's before we see any type of real dropoff. His improved shot and his improved post game, combined with everything else will probably make him the greatest of all time when it's all said and done.

Just depends on how well they age. Durant is a twig and I keep wondering when something is going to snap....can't believe he will manage to stay healthy is he keeps playing the way he does with that body type. With Lebron I do wonder how well he will age. Quick maturation is nice when you're 15.....not so much when you're 30. I think he'll manage to play at a high level even when his athleticism starts to decline but he'll have to move inside.

The biggest thing that separates them in my mind is that James is an elite athlete, Durant is not.

I'm a Knicks fan, but I think it's Lebron by a longshot.

Back
Top Bottom