LeBron to opt out of contract | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeBron to opt out of contract

Riley is going to have to work out a way to improve the roster but, he needs everyone to opt out in order to do this. It's not only Wade and Bosh but, guys like Hasslem, Allen, etc.

Per New York Daily news and a few other "sources"

"The future of the Big Three has kicked off with an early surprise prior to the June 29th deadline for player options, as Dwyane Wade has reportedly made his decision. Wade will likely exercise his early-termination option and become an unrestricted free agent according to the New York Daily News. The New York Daily News also reports that Wade, who has two years and $41.5 million left on his current deal, will probably accept a new four-year deal worth $50 to $55 million to remain with the Heat and relieve salary cap space."

Let's face it. James got little help this year from anyone, and that is going to have to change for him to stay.

My mistake. Of course it plays a factor. I guess my problem is I am not a LeBron fan. So I can see him bailing for money since he already has a championship.

LeBron is in a unique position. He will be making more money from endorsements than he will from any contract he signs. In fact, one could make the argument that winning more championships is better for his financial well being than grabbing the best deal possible. While his image certainly hasnt been losing money, the more rings he wins the longer companies will be swarming him.

I get the argument that he got his rings and the pressure is now off. But what else does he have to play for? He has/will have the money. He is already in the discussion for best ever. Why not go for as many rings as you can collect? Its a goal that can be tangible measured, trying to get more than other players of his era(Kobe, Duncan, and im sure there are others).

To me, his opting out and the way he has done it(a week earlier than necessary) screams to me: window shopping. He wants to be courted and he wants to see his options. But...what team gives him a better chance at winning championships? Chicago would be about it, and he was apparently intrigued by signing with them last time around, but its not like they dont have issues at the moment. Cleveland could have a nostalgia aspect, but that team is still hot ****ing garbage and it looks like they could drop the ball yet again this Thursday, why spend the next 5 years struggling to carry that team...again?

No, even with their reloading effort this off-season, Pat Riley still offers LeBron the best chance to consistently win going forward. LeBron will enjoy some dinners with some owners, shake off his disappointment from the Finals, and come back fired up to keep winning rings.

Per New York Daily news and a few other "sources"

"The future of the Big Three has kicked off with an early surprise prior to the June 29th deadline for player options, as Dwyane Wade has reportedly made his decision. Wade will likely exercise his early-termination option and become an unrestricted free agent according to the New York Daily News. The New York Daily News also reports that Wade, who has two years and $41.5 million left on his current deal, will probably accept a new four-year deal worth $50 to $55 million to remain with the Heat and relieve salary cap space."

Thanks, did not see that. Good news but Bosh must do the same for things to work.

LeBron is in a unique position. He will be making more money from endorsements than he will from any contract he signs. In fact, one could make the argument that winning more championships is better for his financial well being than grabbing the best deal possible. While his image certainly hasnt been losing money, the more rings he wins the longer companies will be swarming him.

I get the argument that he got his rings and the pressure is now off. But what else does he have to play for? He has/will have the money. He is already in the discussion for best ever. Why not go for as many rings as you can collect? Its a goal that can be tangible measured, trying to get more than other players of his era(Kobe, Duncan, and im sure there are others).

To me, his opting out and the way he has done it(a week earlier than necessary) screams to me: window shopping. He wants to be courted and he wants to see his options. But...what team gives him a better chance at winning championships? Chicago would be about it, and he was apparently intrigued by signing with them last time around, but its not like they dont have issues at the moment. Cleveland could have a nostalgia aspect, but that team is still hot ****ing garbage and it looks like they could drop the ball yet again this Thursday, why spend the next 5 years struggling to carry that team...again?

No, even with their reloading effort this off-season, Pat Riley still offers LeBron the best chance to consistently win going forward. LeBron will enjoy some dinners with some owners, shake off his disappointment from the Finals, and come back fired up to keep winning rings.

One thing I think about with the Bulls is going to Michael's team. I don't think he would want to do that.

Thanks, did not see that. Good news but Bosh must do the same for things to work.

Bosh was asked about his upcoming opportunity to leave in free agency during an appearance on The Dan LeBatard Show this afternoon and said, “Yeah, I mean, I don't want to go anywhere. I like it here. It's Miami. Everybody wants to come here. Yeah.”

When asked if he would accept a below-market offer from the Heat, he answered, “If that's what it takes.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...he-wants-to-return-to-heat-is-open-to-pay-cut

Bosh says said repeatedly he wants to stay. He will opt out and redo his deal as well.

If that was the case he wouldn't have opted out. Unless he plans to take less money to bring in more talent.

Thats exactly what will happen.

I don't know. He has the championships so that is no longer the driving factor.

Championships are always the driving factor, and Miami is the best option for that.

Something else to consider.

Under terms of the labor agreement, James would be eligible to re-sign with the Heat for as many as five years and $115.1 million.

If James moves to another team, he would be eligible to sign a four-year contract for as much as $85.5 million.

i think Miami resigns James for the max amount and asks Wade and Bosh to take salary cuts.

Something else to consider.

Under terms of the labor agreement, James would be eligible to re-sign with the Heat for as many as five years and $115.1 million.

If James moves to another team, he would be eligible to sign a four-year contract for as much as $85.5 million.

i think Miami resigns James for the max amount and asks Wade and Bosh to take salary cuts.

We cannot sign him to a max deal and improve the team. It would likely be around $15M a year.

James needs to be the highest paid even if he does not max out. I know he doesn't need the money but let Wade and Bosh take the hit. It's not like they are all equals.

championships are the only driving factor it doesnt matter if Lebron has some or not. you need 6 if you want to be considered as anything near Jordan. Maybe the big 3 all opt out resign for less and we get Kyle Lowry. then with Oden resigning (prediction didnt happen yet) thats our starting 5. I also heard the Knicks want to dump Shephard for any 1st rounder. I think the Heat trade for him. of course by league rules you can't trade the pick but you can draft whoever the knicks tell you to and trade him

My mistake. Of course it plays a factor. I guess my problem is I am not a LeBron fan. So I can see him bailing for money since he already has a championship.

I don't believe money is actually an issue for LeBron. He makes a TON of money just on endorsements alone. He wants to play for a team that'll give him the best chance to win more championships...add to his legacy. Obviously, Miami are the favorites and make the most sense since they can restructure contracts and bring in more talent to surround James, but I wouldn't put it past him to explore teams like Chicago, Houston, or even the Clippers.

I'm just finding it funny how ESPN is giving the full service fellatio job to him opting out like it's NEWS.

The one thing I was sure wouldn't happen was him OPTING IN. It made absolutely no sense. This gives Lebron full flexibility and the opportunity to make the most money.

But you know what, if he leaves, I wish him the best, these 4 years being a HEAT, the ups and the downs, have been well worth it.

p.s. There are some intriguing options out there for him . . . but if he goes to the Lakers with Carmelo (like some have suggested) that will be the biggest crash and burn in NBA history. Terrible fit.

Back
Top Bottom