Let Us Be Realistic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let Us Be Realistic

RunTravisRun

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Since the retirement broke, I have read many things on this site. There have been post saying our playoff hopes are crushed.....that we are now a better team....and that we just now must "change our attack"

There have also been reports of us luring Barry Sanders out of retirement, trading for everyone from Larry Johnson to Onterrio Smith to....Shaun Alexander???

Let us be realistic. We aren't finished before we even put pads on, but we simple can't be any better. We do need to change our attack, but with erratic QB play....how do we? And please don't mention barry or shaun, both aren't even remotely possible. What is possible?

The most likely scenario is that we trade for either Anthony Thomas or Onterrio Smith. Travis Minor has adveraged 4.5 per in clean up spots, but does anyone believe that a single person in the front office trusts him to carry us? No. No chance. And by the way, our runningback, whomever it may be....is still going to have to carry us. We will be more balanced. We will throw more. But, we will still need a runningback to carry 20+ times a game....just not 35 like ricky did.

It is in my gut that we will trade a player of note (IE A.E. or greenwood) and a pick to the vikings for onterrio smith. We are close to the vikings organization, and mike tice said that he would listen to offers. Onterrio is only in his second year, and looked great last year for Minnesota. He was on my fantasy team so I followed him closely, and he has unlimited potential and upside. Id love to have him.

well i say lets play with what we have .. and get a new RB in the 2005 off season ... i think a running back by committe will work in miami ... all of the RB's on the roster have good hands.. and add different dimensions to the offense .. both minor and henry offer speed and quickness .. while morris offers power and inside running ... lets see what happens .. i actually think .. henry could be a suprise ..

I would like to see what we have in training camp before we trade a quality player or a draft pick. I haven't seen O Smith play so I don't know his potential. He is a second string player just like Minor.

Back
Top Bottom