Let's all boycott ESPN!! Aren't you tired of that Network!!???

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SoCal Finatic, Oct 9, 2012.

1. SoCal Finatic

SoCal Finatic FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

You flip on ESPN to watch Fin highlights Sunday Night and catch that chopped up hack job "Blitz" or whatever the heck is now ( I MISS THE OLD NFL PRIMETIME!) and all they talk about AAAALLLLLLLL they talk abbout is The Jets, is Sanchez's Pinky hurt, he has no talent around him, boo- hoo. What about Tebow, blah blah blah. Then they switch over to slobbering all over Tom Brady and the Patriots. Then they discuss, "what's wrong with the Cowboys". That's it....Tired of it!! That's ALL THEY CARE ABOUT!!! I couldn't even FIND Fins highlights after watching for more than an hour! The Media Bias drives me insane!! I'm not even speaking about just the Fins, becaUSE i KNOW SOME OF YOU ARE GOING TO SAY, START WINNING AND WE'LL SEE SOME RESPECT, etc.

But that won't MATTER! How do I know???

Let's look around the league... Can't Find 49er's storylines anywhere, ESPN coould care less about the fact that the Texans DOMINATED the Jets, instead of talking about this talented team they whine about the Boo Hoo Jets. Noone Cares!!

Even the Super Bowl Champ Giants get les coverage than the above mentioned "Big 3" that they love to cover!

We could win three rings in a row, and it wouldn't change ANYTHING!! ESPN would be babbling on for hours about Tony Romo's latest collapse or how many 5 yard passes Brady turned into touchdowns.

Ok I'm done ranting, so I'm turning off ESPN, even though as an out of Town Fins fan (Zero Coverage on local news) I'll stick to online coverage and FINHEAVEN.COM !!

Boycott that hasbeen network ESPN! Turn it off!!:hclap:

2. MiZFiT

MiZFiT FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I was just thinking about this the other day...

Every company or business has serious competition - Coke & Pepsi, Apple & Microsoft, AT&T & Verizon & T-Mobile, MSNBC & Fox News.

Why is there no competition for ESPN? Blows my mind. Sports is a multi-billion dollar business throughout this country, in yet there is just one news outlet on TV that gets to tell the story? Makes no sense.

3. DzakkH13

DzakkH13 Winning is a Habit Donator

I watch NFL Network. ESPN is a joke. Very media biased and a lot of their analysts don't know jack ****.

4. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

I don't watch the NFL Network or ESPN during the week. If I want highlights, I go to NFL.com (if I didn't see the game). For any other Dolphins info, I come here. I don't need to sit in front of the TV for hours hoping they kiss my team's ***.

It does nothing for me personally.

5. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

I don't get ESPN here (well we do but its not the same) but going by the website it doesn't seem to produce all that much good content. NFL network is far from amazing but I do watch that and its my main source of NFL news.... outside of the finnsiders, I know that show is sugarcoated and has to have a positive spin on things but I watch it every day and I like the hosts.

6. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

Yeah this thread isn't going to do anything. Everyone will continue to watch, you will watch eventually as well.

Reason there is no competition is because ESPN has contractual rights with every major station - NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, etc. There is never going to be any competition and ESPN will remain the only major sports news station on TV.

7. phinman1

phinman1 Seriously now

Fu** ESPN. They're non live sports programming is absolute garbage. Only watch for the live sporting events.

They try to shape the agenda and hope the sheep will buy into whatever bullsh** story lines they want to push. Tebow, the Jets, Cowboys, the ridiculous LInsanity crap. Whatever. Thing is, it works. You tell people what is important, and the many dumb a**** around will think it's important and tune in. They create the sports narrative. They're insulting to any sports fan w a brain, but as was mentioned up above, there is little to no competition. Hopefully some network will rise. Of course, then they will turn to crap as well.

8. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

Sadly, it seems most here need validation from the Main Stream Sports media.

9. WVDolphan

WVDolphan Banned Hammered

Outside of live games, I havent watched that **** in years. No need for a boycott. Occasionally if Im extremely bored I will put something on from that network, but usually its just for laughs.

10. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

I stopped watching ESPN many years ago because of how idiotic they are and I haven't missed them one bit.

11. MiZFiT

MiZFiT FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

One exception to ESPN is E:60. Wow are those some awesome documentaries.

12. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

I watch Sportscenter when I get up for the topical headlines. There's nowhere else to get the news
    on sports really. Not at 3 AM CST anyways.

13. OrangeShorts

OrangeShorts Rookie

Whats funny to me is that this is why I first thought they made sights such as ESPNDallas and ESPNNewYork, etc etc, so they could spread the love throughout the sports world. Nope! Whats worse then that you ask?!?!?!?!?! ESPNEWS I now compare to MTV2 because neither serve their intended purpose anymore.

14. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

ALREADY DID!!! When I boycotted comcast..

15. muleyman

muleyman Rookie

only E:60 and 30 for 30 are worth anything

16. buxster07

buxster07 A True Fan

I stopped watching ESPN for NFL long ago, and especially when Berman happens to be on- wouldn't wanna know what a bills fan thinks about my team.

I like to watch the CBS NFL shows w/ Dan and crew- naturally charismatic, personable, experienced, and fun personalities. I just like to hear them talk about anything at all.

And then the Miami Dolphin website pre and post shows w/ Jesse and crew for more in-depth Fin stuff. Plus fun to chat w/ other Finfans next to the online video of show- and sometimes the show's cast chats back to you during the show. I also like how you can call in and ask a them a question. Interactive and fun. ESPN seems poor on Fin coverage.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
  17. Ben Had

Ben Had FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

x2

18. Heinegrabber

Heinegrabber Since 84 Finheaven VIP

I stopped watching years ago. Especially when Tom Jacksons and Chris Bermans mouths move you can smell the BS through the screen.

19. ChrisTRD

ChrisTRD A True Fan

Fox is revamping SPEED Channel (Fox owns SPEED) and it will become Fox Sports One. It will no longer be a 24 hour racing channel. They hope to rival ESPN. Maybe theres hope?

20. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

I don't even care if ESPN was the Dolphins flagship station and everything they said during the week was 100% positive and fantastic. There is not a bigger con than ESPN and all of their shows on TV all day everyday.

21. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

LULZ @ The number of Dolphin fans desperate for attention from the iconic ESPN.

Win football games. Be relevant to the landscape of the NFL. Get noticed.

Too many high school nerds wanting to sit at the cool kids table in the cafeteria when they bring nothing to the table but their trombone and haven't built up their reputation. We need to pull some fire alarms or pick a fight with a bully.

Move along.

22. Quadfather

Quadfather FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I hate to be the blatantly obvious man, but no ones going to give a **** about us until we do something. And that means playoffs. We havent won a play off game in like a decade. We had one good season where we went 11-5 but that more and more to the media seems like a fluke and a result of Tom Brady tearing his acl. In this business it's "Missouri" as my dad always said, "The show me state". The jets get coverage because they have been to the afc championship game 2 years running. You don't hear them saying anything about the browns, or Jacksonville. Respect has to be earned, just like money. We will get our respect, joe philbin and Ryan tannehill, our no name top 10 defense. It's a good time to be a dolphan people. The dolphins will speak by actions, and will not be persuaded by words.

23. tcdrover

tcdrover Pro Bowler

Since I got the NFL channel a few years ago the only time I watch ESPN is to watch the MNF games.

I hated sports center, they read the highlights from queue cards with inane little jokes that are written by OTHER people.

Chris Berman is one of those guys who just didn't age very well, like Bob Costas only much worst.

24. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

ESPN was actually better than NFL Network up to the point where the real refs came back. They both suck. I just look for football online now.

25. Phindog

Phindog A True Fan

I'll start by saying alot of us who grew up with ESPN since the early 80's probably have all faded from watching ESPN just because they so often seem they are bigger than the sport they were covering and their personalities and egos got in the way of what we the fans were expecting out of them in any sport.

Its hard to boycott a station that is responsible for helping so many different sports be brought to the spot light.But ESPN doing that watered down themselves and spread themselves so thin in what they use to be able to do and cover, even having ESPN2 and all the other sister branches they offer.

In todays world just like politics you must gather your news everywhere possible.We have it made now days having so many stations on cable and DTV and of coarse the internet.If you cant find what you are looking for,you aren't looking hard enough IMO.

26. russianbear

russianbear A True Fan

Am I the only one who watches ESPN/NFL Network and enjoys it? Could give 2 ****s what their commentators think about the Dolphins.

27. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

Press is slowly coming back around. If you win they have to take notice and have to be more objective. Let's get to 3-3 for the bye week and see what kind of press we get then.

I'm at the point that I could careless what the hell the press says anymore about anything.

28. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

I don't care if they talk about Miami or not but I do wanna see their highlights besides just one play and they saying in shocked fashion that the dolphins won the game. I don't think Miami has ever been on that blitz segment since they started it with Berman and Uncle Tom Jackson lol

29. seahorse

seahorse Member

I, too, have noticed ESPNs lack of equal reporting. I have just emailed ESPN and said as much on their comments section.
    Maybe instead of a boycott, flood them with emails.

30. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

You guys realize that ESPN is in the ratings business, correct? Their job is to get eyeballs to the TV set...not peddle bad football highlights to make a couple of people happy. That turns off more viewers than it generates. Even if ESPN had competition, they'd do the same exact thing. Dolphins aren't exactly a hot button issue right now in case some of you missed the fact that we've sucked for several years.

Again, win games, get noticed.

Emails lol. Way to pester those ESPN interns working for free doing gopher work.

31. Predaphin

Predaphin Predator in the Water

Just to let you know they still have NFL Primetime, which now comes on after monday night football. But I agree with you in the way they have messed things up...The way they do the hack up job of Blitz and what not....BTW, NFL primetime is no longer hosted by CHris Berman and Tom Jackson...I think they have Trey Wingo and 2 other guys hosting it...I seen it on the other night and thought WTH>???

32. Quadfather

Quadfather FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I think we should kidnap Chris Berman and Tom Jackson!! That will get their attention!

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Bottom Line: All Media Sucks...

33. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

That's why John Clayton isn't an anchor.

34. rainmaker1313

rainmaker1313 A True Fan Donator

yup, I sat down Saturday night and was flipping between ESPN 1 and 2 looking to catch a little highlights from the Miamii/Cincy game and after 2 hours NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

35. Zounds

Zounds CPA4LYFE Donator

The only time I watch ESPN is on MNF. I confess I do read the website because they do cover general NFL stuff pretty well, but they do ignore teams that are not in the northeast. It might have something to do with their location, being so close to New York, Boston, Buffalo, ect and hiring people from those local markets.

36. EmperorPhin

EmperorPhin Scout Team

I been tired of BSPN for 10 years. SO glad DP moved on and got his own show

37. SFCM

SFCM Member

I've boycotted ESPN's Sunday Countdown and haven't watched it for about four seasons now. I can't stand Chris Berman. On gameday I listen to WQAM's pre game show up until kick-off. I'll have NFL Network's Gameday show playing on the TV but with the volume on very low. Then around noon I change it to the CBS pre-game show.

38. alex9249

alex9249 Rookie

I only boycott espn when tebow actually scores since thats all that plays for a week

39. ojmcduffy

ojmcduffy Seasoned Veteran

it was just reported on espn that tim tebow was spotted at wendy's. He had a broccoli and cheese potatoe and a spicy chicken sandwhich. Highlites will be availible on the blitz.

40. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

I watch it lots. It's pretty good.

I bet several of the posters ripping ESPN in this thread were watching ESPN as they posted.