Let's do this, let's do that... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's do this, let's do that...

rhadaddy

Who's your daddy?
Reaction score
Ok, the smoke has cleared, the dust has settled, and the steam has gone... from my own shock, anger, and disbelief over what transpired. Is there a silver lining in all of this, maybe, but I doubt it. I do like how WannSpeil is playing this thing out though. It's obvious we need someone to fill Ricky's roster spot, however going out and making a rash decision is not the answer. All this talk of trading Ogun for Faulk, James, Onterrio, is crap.

Onterrio Smith makes sense, however, it's a move that we'll regret by losing ogun and now having two, not one hole to plug. LT won't happen. So our best bet is to pick up a solid between the tackle runner like Stacey Mack and wait until next offseason.

RS's m.o. has been to rebuild this team by slowly cutting away the older baggage and getting more younger and more physical. So you can take trading away our future i.e Ogun for Edge or Faulk. It doesn't make sense especially for Edge who'll be a free agent next year and basically want's to come home to Miami.

The best rushing teams last year aside from Baltimore had running back by comittees.. Greenbay, Philly and Carolina (when Foster got into shape).

Minor imho, could equally as effective as Warrick Dunn if giving the carries and possibly even better because he has more power. Leonard Henry is still a big? with Morris bring more of a FB, Russell, and what's his face being longshots to make the team. So I think if we got a bruiser, we'd probably be be ok.

We'll be close to 10 mil under which should alow us to lock up Chambers and Ogun longterm and make some serious move next offseason. and if we blow chunks this year, we'll have a great pick. Which suck for us this year, but we still have a great young corp.

So I would trade the future to win a couple more games and I hope the FO doesn't either.

3.5 ypc is not hard to replace. Roll with Minor and wait and see if someone becomes available June 1st or pickup a Stewart or Mack now. We gonna be fine.

LightsOut said:
3.5 ypc is not hard to replace. Roll with Minor and wait and see if someone becomes available June 1st or pickup a Stewart or Mack now. We gonna be fine.
If we wait till June 1st to answer the RB question I'll be PO'd!

Minor is not a starting back that can carry 25... or even 20 times a game. It's imperative to bring in a workload back with the offense in place. I'm looking forward to see what WanSpiel bring in. Although, I have to admit, I'm kind of looking with only one eye open.

that's why you pick up a Stacey Mack

SoFlaFan said:
Minor is not a starting back that can carry 25... or even 20 times a game. It's imperative to bring in a workload back with the offense in place. I'm looking forward to see what WanSpiel bring in. Although, I have to admit, I'm kind of looking with only one eye open.

and feed him about 10 carries per game and give Minor about 15. Make no mistake about it Travis minor, has excelled 90% of the time he's on the field and I can still remember the time when Lamar Smith was having his sh!tty year and Minor broke one down the sideline for like 55 yards.

Back
Top Bottom