Lets Face the Facts

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by 67Stang, Nov 13, 2017.

1. 67Stang

67Stang FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

We need to blow this team up. Suh is no longer a dominate force and is being pushed around without a double team. I love Wake, but he is no longer a premier pass rusher and can't hold the edge. Kiko is below average and without a dominant line gets swallowed up and is a liability in coverage. The rest of our healthy LBs are old as dirt. Safety at least looks okay and we have some promising young corners......but all in all this D is a joke filled with a bunch of has beens or never will bes.

On O, same old situation with the line.......and I HATE to say this but we have way too many holes on this team to give Laundry 12 million or more a year. I really don't think Suh or Laundry will be on this team next year and we are going to have to rebuild starting next year if this team is going to have any type of future.

Gase needs to give up play calling and we need to have a real DC as Burke is way over his head, even more so than Joseph last year who wasn't ready to be a DC and now is a joke as a head coach......finally Tannenbaum needs to go!

2. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

We need to blow it up!!

Draft a Qb to push Tanney - hopefully replace Tanne

3. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

4. 67Stang

No QBs in this draft better than Tanne and we have other bigger holes. It's either Tanne, or cut him and bring in Cousins or Alex Smith

5. JJM_7

JJM_7 A True Fan

Not a bad idea.

6. teemu7

teemu7 A True Fan

yep, blow it up.. in a tough spot cap wise with no hope of contending, trade anyone worth a **** and blow it the **** up

joenhre and 67Stang like this.
  7. Highzenga

Highzenga Well-Known Member

4-5 and we need a rebuild? This is why your not running the show

Ray R, daltoninnm and Goin` Deep like this.
  8. AZStryker

AZStryker Pro Bowler

Dude we created so many holes with bad contracts that drafting a qb in a high round has become a pipe dream. We need: LT, LG, C, RG, TE, DE, OLB x2, CB, FS all before we even think about drafting a QB. It's too bad our front office can't evaluate talent and our coaching staff can't coach as there are a TON of good qb prosprcts this year.

miamiron and joenhre like this.
  9. dnespins

dnespins Smokin' n Jokin' Finheaven VIP

then why do we need adam gase? he brings nothing to the defense and if hes not calling plays what is he doing? this team has one of if not the worst coaching staffs in the league.

rickd13 likes this.
  10. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Suh will be on the team next year. 3.9m cap savings is peanuts for a player of that caliber.

11. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

our record may be 4-5 but it could just as easily be 0-9
    we have been outscored by almost a 100 points
    and we have given up over 40 points to two teams that are not exactly offensive jugger naughts
    We have three receiver better than Carolina's top receiver and they hang 45 up on us

12. 67Stang

Is 4-5 good? I mean we just got our first rushing TD of the year tonight. Even the games we won it was a fluke this year. This team is old, has too many holes. and no depth where there is talent.

13. Dogbone34

Dogbone34 cowboy surfer

14. J. David Wannyheimer

Weirdly enough, I actually think our offense is finally on the road to recovery. The decision to jettison Ajayi has actually improved our offense the last two weeks, as we had a respectable performance against the Raiders and actually a pretty good performance (outside of one AWFUL bonehead interception) considering the caliber of competition we faced tonight and missing our best OL.

It's the defense that needs to be addressed. Personally, I am not a fan of this ****ty Cincinnati 4-3 defense that we run, but I feel like the problem is talent more than anything. We need a real free safety, a real slot corner, and Tony Lippett to get healthy so we can bench Xavien Howard.

Phinatic8u likes this.
  15. dolfan25

dolfan25 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

It's time to blow it up BIG TIME!!! Just because the actual on field product sucks and is boring to watch. Sick of the propaganda about the talent on this team.

I ****ing hate this team

ForksPhin, rickd13 and kcbrown like this.
  16. Trifecta Nation

Trifecta Nation Rookie

I agree! I did a whole write up in the "how many wins do we have left" prediction thread.

BLOW

IT

UP

It's a rudderless franchise with no rhyme or reason to why they bring in the players they bring in. Pay $20 m/yr to a DT. Draft big corners and have them play off the LOS. Move up in the draft to pick up a WR who doesn't move the needle in the least when you have other needs. Team needs new GM/VP Ops/scouts.....just blow it up! Thank the Lord that the Browns/Giants/49ers can take the attention away from us.....though I'm not sure for how much longer as we are horrendous. And pay no attention to the 4-5 record. It is a mirage and you all know it! Thank God the Chargers/Jets/Falcons don't know how to close out games! Think this team isn't close to being 1-8 themselves? Just keep kidding yourself if you do.

It's a bad team that needs to start new.

Trade Viper likes this.
  17. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Shutout nearly 3 times. This a poorly constructed team. Suh needs traded to a contender. Maybe Jones too. Get all the picks you can. Time to hit the reset button.

HeyHoLet'sGo, gofins60 and kcbrown like this.
  18. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

Dude - You can draftva Qb in the 4th 5th round I don’t care but someone needs to light a fire and Moore ain’t it

19. 67Stang

Not if he is designated as a post June 1st cut, they would save 17M in cap space....although it creates 13m in Dead money the next year.

20. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

Tanner passed on the chance for surgery because he isn’t looking in his rear view mirror - he has ability but lacks the focus and drive to win - he passed on surgery enuf said

Trade Viper likes this.
  21. AZStryker

AZStryker Pro Bowler

I agree it's needed but due to recent poor drafting and acquisitions qb probably is near the bottom of the the needs list. Right now Gase/Tannenbaum actually believe in Tanhehill and will continue to try (most likely unsuccessfully) plug the many holes around him. We need to get rid of one or both of them before we even have a chance at a rebuild.

22. JEDIJ007

JEDIJ007 It's a trap! Finheaven VIP

it would be stupid to trade you best players away with this front office they would just **** it up. i have to agree that this front office haven't done much to keep them around but, the coaching staff needs to get the playe to play. seems like the players have given up already.

23. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

Right now, 15 minutes after the game.....I have NO problems trading or cutting anyone not on a rookie contract.

I'll probably change my mind tomorrow.

Gase,,,,****ing Gase. You are the head ****ing coach and you are responsible for more than just your ****ty offense. Get a grip on the D mother ****er.

I hate Gase's offense. No, not the **** we see every week, I HATE the way this offense would look if everyone ran your plays perfectly.

I dont think that is going to change.

I dont see ANY ****ING LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL.

gofins60 and Albert Romano like this.
  24. J. David Wannyheimer

My biggest fear right now is that we're going to continue to ignore the free safety position because SURPRISE! We signed 2 strong safeties to big contracts!

I don't know what we're going to draft, but we need a safety, a slot corner, at least one more starting caliber linebacker, and some help at DE to replace the old guys we got on the right side.

I see people calling for us to draft OL but man, watch the last couple of games and let's see how this season plays out. I don't think that's the problem right now.

Avigatorx likes this.
  25. biggrouper

biggrouper Scout Team

The team needs LEADERSHIP. I'm not talking about the coaches. We need players that want to win. Landry to me has the passion but he just didn't drag everyone with him. We need s couple of firey badasses and we just don't have them on the team at this time...

26. kingfin23

kingfin23 This is the Year

Lol He said Promising corners. Howard is dog chit

27. Miami 13

Miami 13 Pro Bowler

You think us at 4-5 means anything? This team is horrific. Only the Giants may be worse than us.

kcbrown likes this.
  28. Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come Well-Known Member

I'm all for a complete overhaul, but this Suh talk is just crazy. The only higher ranked interior lineman is Aaron Donald. No sane person would ditch a player like Suh when the dead cap hit would be eviscerating.

29. AZStryker

AZStryker Pro Bowler

Gase's dink and dunk offense is too had to watch. Even with the required perfect execution he lulls you to sleep. It's really not going to change, even with a Tannehill. Gase gets credit for bring an offensive guru however all he did is ride Peyton Manning's coat tails. Even Elway realized this when he let Gase keave with Fox. If you go and watch tape of Chicago's offense in 2015 you'll see a lot of depressing similarities. Unfortunately we're stuck with him for most likely 2 years and that is almost too much to stomach.

Avigatorx likes this.
  30. Mabdul Doobakus

Mabdul Doobakus Well-Known Member

This I know for sure...we should not be giving out any big contracts for at least the next 2 seasons. We are too far away from being even an also-ran to waste a bunch of money on any one player.

gofins60 likes this.
  31. Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come Well-Known Member

Ahhh, a bit of truth. Thank you. Howard needs to be relocated to backup FS and special teams; and if he can't handle that, then he needs to be let go or traded this off season. I can't imagine getting a pick for him, but a lot stranger things have happened.

32. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

I don't think our offense improved we just fell behind by a lot amd their defense took a breather
    We used our running backs including Ajayi in a dumb manner before, we should have been using more backs and passed to all of them much more. Not our backs faults that the line and qb are crap as well as playcalling

33. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

All starts at the top...the owner needs to sell the team...or get hit by a bus.

dlockz likes this.
  34. JamesBW43

JamesBW43 You're standing on my neck Finheaven VIP

Three of those wins were by 3 points or less. And the fourth was against Matt Cassel (and still only beat him by 6). Two were lucky comebacks and one featured an opposing kicker who missed 2 easy field goals. They could easily be 1-8 or even winless right now. The Dolphins are last in the league in a lot of categories, with the fourth worst point differential.

35. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

how did our defense get this much worse this quick

36. joenhre

joenhre Starter Donator

2nd worst point differential in the league. That 4-5 record is a smoke and mirrors mirage that will be more evident at the end of the season. 3 loses in a row with a combined score of 112- 45. Yeah I think it's time to blow it up. Too many overpaid underwhelming players on the team. Too many undisciplined players on the team. Too many guys who don't care on the team. Quite evident with the complete lay down in the second half .

gofins60 likes this.
  37. 67Stang

Maybe Suh is hurt? He walked off the field the last game and walked back on.......he got handled this game and not just on double teams.

joenhre likes this.
  38. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

This team needs a new coaching staff and front office. They are in disarry, terrible scheme, and unprepared.
    The talent is mediocre and it will take years to overhaul the roster
    Getting a 30 year old coach wiz kid was a mistake.
    He is getting schooled weekly.

phish, gofins60 and AZStryker like this.
  39. kellyh3034

kellyh3034 Scout Team

40. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

The league has caught on how to beat their defense and Miami Hasn’t adjusted. Baltimore exposed them big time: