Lets look at Orton this way. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets look at Orton this way.

madmic21

Active Roster
Reaction score
We all know about the Henne-Sanchez arguments that go on around here. I am trying to digest this whole Orton thing. Lets say we get Orton and he wins the job. And for argument sake lets say we get Bradshaw. That should put us in a position where we have two good backs that each offer certain skill sets. I think we are a lot better at that spot than last year. The Oline gets back on track with a healthy Jerry and Carey, while Pouncy solidifies the Center position. So our running game might surpass the Jets (Jets fans in here were not to proud of their run game last year). Our WR core gets caught up with the speedster rook and the Jets losing Edwards. Our D while not yet quite Jets caliber is approaching elite status. (I can't see the Jets realistically signing Nnamdi, that much money spent on one spot could potentially devastate their future, unless they are going for one ring this year and Nnamdi signs for a discount I can't imagine them pulling it off)

Anyway. This leaves the Jets and Dolphins in very close contention in all talent categories. Throwing us back to the big debate. Dolphins QB vs. Jets QB. I really want Henne to come in and figure it out. But I am trying to find ways to justify acquiring Orton. And in many ways the only way to get any where near consensus support in here for Henne is compare him to Sanchez. So I am going to try that with Orton and see how that makes me feel. And hopefully this approach will get some of you guys that hate the idea of Orton wearing a Dolphin uniform to feel better about Orton.

Most people on here think that Henne was one of the 3 or so worst QBs in the league last year. But the Sanchez argument in here alway leans to making Henne out as fairly comparable to Sanchez. I am not a big fan or Orton. Saw him fail to win a lot of games in his career, but still put up big numbers. Orton blew Henne out of the water statistically speaking last year so how does he relate to Sanchez. Better, a lot Better, worse, ect. The Jets and Dolpins are growing closer talent wise. And the main weakness that this team has had is QB. So now that Orton is possibly going to be a Fin did we just pass the Jets in this category?

I am basically just creating another way to evaluate Orton. I am amazed at the people in here. Even hardcore Henne haters, who would have started Danny freakin Wuerffel over Henne last, year are blasting this.

Back
Top Bottom