Lets not be Homers

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Baz, May 6, 2002.

1. Baz

Baz Ephemeral

Seeing as I just browse more than I post, I noticed a couple things. I am in no way starting crap here, just trying to politely point out a few things. Except for maybe one or two users, all the Bills fans are being Homers. Lets face reality for a second. Too much emphasis is being placed on Williams and Reed. They are rookies. You can't expect them to turn your team into a play-off contender just because of how they did in college and what round they were picked in. If that was the case, Cade McNown would be a starting quarterback and John Avery would be carrying the rock for the 'Fins. They both have outstanding potential, its just a question as to if they will reach it.

Drew Bledsoe is awesome. In the Bills system, with Moulds, he should flourish. However, if you think you are getting the same Drew that took the Patriots to the Super Bowl, you're wrong. Drew has clearly degressed the last few seasons. It may be because of the personnel he had in NE, or it could be his age. Drew has always been a personal favorite of mine. I would love to see him play at a high level again(just not against the 'Fins). However, realistically, he is probably a player on decline, due largely to the beatings he took in NE.

I invite any Bills fan to point out any homerisms we Dolphins fans are having, but please do it intellectually, and without insults. Just friendly conversation

2. THATHURMANATOR

THATHURMANATOR FIN FAN TAKING A BATHROOM BREAK

Hey those are some solid points, and you may be right. We will certaintly find out when the games begin!!!! I would never compair M Williams to Mcnown and Avery. Who knows about J Reed. I have seen him play in college and he was awesome but we will see how he produces on the pro level. Also its not too much emphasis being placed on just those two players. The Bills have brought in quality veterans to fill many key positions including, Hollis, Eddie Robinson, Trey Teague, Marcus Price, Billy Jenkins, London Fletcher, and Charlie Rodgers.

3. BigDoug

BigDoug Well-Known Member

(_8(i) Doh!

Good post, B

Williams is "blue chip"...he may take a year to get used to the speed of the NFL on every play.

As our line goes, that's how Bledsoe will go....if Williams is successful right out of the box, along with the new veteran OL's, Drew will have a good season. If not, he'll continue his pattern of dwindling production.

I tend to support the theory that NE had a bad OL, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with an "improved" OL in Buffalo.

Gilbride can mitigate this by going totally smashmouth a la the Bears last year, then Drew would become "RoboQB"

Questions, questions....lots of questions.

4. dolfan25

dolfan25 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

OL picked as high as Williams have generally turned out to be studs(Boselli, Ogden, Pace, L.Davis??)but there also has been Mandarich but I don't think that will happen to Williams. Buff. fans better hope not.

5. THURMANATOR

THURMANATOR Member

I hope he isn't a Mandrich!!! That would really suck!!!!

6. Capt. Dick

Capt. Dick Deep Sea Wanderer

Steroids ruined Mandarich. His skinny-*** legs couldn`t handle the upper body bulk.

7. BigDoug

Mandarich was a dumb Canadian

8. THURMANATOR

THURMANATOR Member

I hear that EH!!!!! What a hoser!!!

9. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan A True Fan

See if you guys could be like this in the Miami Dolphins forum and save the smack for the Smack forums then we would have no problems with you guys.

10. THATHURMANATOR

THATHURMANATOR FIN FAN TAKING A BATHROOM BREAK

I try but the temptation is too much sometimes!!! LOL!!!!

11. Capt. Dick

Yep, that about sums it up Van. It`s like our Phins forum is sacred ground. No outsiders.

12. BigDoug

OK OK...no need to get all melodramatic about it

13. Capt. Dick

f*ck off junior.

14. BigDoug

You guys are your own worst enemies....

15. Capt. Dick

16. BigDoug

I think you missed Van's point, Capt

He was saying how nice we were all playing
    ...and then

17. Dolfan984

Dolfan984 A True Fan

Come on, don't get all pissy Capt. ****.

BigDoug is a good guy. He knows his stuff and doesn't talk too much trash.

18. phinsphan4ever

phinsphan4ever Welcome to Miami Daunte!!

Capt...........

BigDoug actually has some intellect and has some knowledge of the game of football. He's been cool, cut him some slack.

19. BigDoug

I've calmed down with age lol

20. dolphan39

dolphan39 Maria & LauRen Aha!

Re: (_8(i) Doh!

Williams is going to be a stud no doubt in the running game - I mean no way to ignore his size - he makes Brent Smith (our starting LT) looks like a WR practically. The question will be what does he do against the J Taylors and Abrahams in the passing game. I am sure Drew will be the first to know. :D

21. dolphan39

BigDoug has been here awhile though - I would not lump him with the others anymore than I would put Chops in with the typical Jets fan.

But everyone can have their own opinion. :cool:

I am hoping this thread will become the picture of how not to degrade to smack with other team's fans
    :D

22. Capt. Dick

Well maybe he was the wrong one to go off on. He just happened to be there when I caught a snap.

23. dolphan39

understood/understandable :)

24. bills_phan

bills_phan Active Member

The offseaon gets MIGHTY boring for those of us who can't get enough of the NFL without this sort of "discussion".

25. Bodzilla29

Bodzilla29 The Shiznit

Don't Bills fans notice that we have ACTUAL Dolphin threads all over this board? If they want to talk football....talk football!! maybe even, get this, ON A BILLS MB!!!!

We seem to have enough to talk about without going to your MBs, so why don't you try to find some stuff to talk about on your MBs?

If not, respect the rules of your hosts MB. Talk smack in the smack forum, if not TALK PHINS FOOTBALL!

You have had a busy offseason, so there should be tons to talk about.

26. badfoot

badfoot nonpredictor Hammered

Sorry to disagree with some here but i have not met a bill fan worth a crap and as i sit here i wonder why they are all here? I think a team that played like they did last year would be optimistic but this is ridiculous ... Come back when your team makes the playoffs again ..untill that time go to the smack board and talk your crap bills fans ...i said it last year and i will say it again ..your not in the same league as us and we will pound your dumb bills again to prove it ... By the way ..drew was never really succesfull against us and im sure he wont do any better in buffalo period!

27. fthefish11

fthefish11 Well-Known Member

Bills -

Love the avatar. Watch it - the moderators might pull it because they don't like "outside ideas."

Badfoot-
    All of the Bills fans "worth a crap" are trying to log in but this site's server crashes when more than 3 people are on it!

Fiedler SUCKS! Thanks - I'm out!

28. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan A True Fan

No the mods don't like immature jackasses who are ignoring the rules of this forum. I'm not worrying much because if you keep it up AJ will definately ban all the ones acting like jerks.

29. BigDoug

What was the title of this thread?

Have we missed the point?

30. badfoot

They need to stay in their own bottom dweller cave in ny and stay out of the sun or they will melt....Bills fans are like a88holes ...everybody has one but most are embarressed to come out in public

31. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan A True Fan

Yup and quite frankly I've had it with most of these guys. Frankly I can't wait till AJ just starts banning the ones who act like complete dorks.

32. fthefish11

Why not? Anything a Bills fan writes gets edited or moved anyway! Actually, we've seen an increase in fins fan activity on the Bills site. Come on over. It'll be fun & we won't edit you guys!

33. badfoot

f the fish huh so you are telling us you want to have intercourse with sealife ? wow the bills fans really go all out when they show their intelligence

34. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan A True Fan

Because I'd rather post on a respectable forum then the typical trailer trash boards.

35. Baz

Baz Ephemeral

Honestly, I could see the Bills making the playoffs if 3 things happen.

1. The O-line steps up. If this happens, Drew will have plenty of time to throw, letting him do what he does best. This also helps Trais Henry run. We all know how dangerous Bledsoe can be when he has a running game.

2. Another wide reciever steps up. Peerless Price has shown potential. But like Fiedler, is VERY inconsistant. Some games its like he isn't even there, other games, like the season closure against seattle a couple seasons ago, he puts up massive numbers. If Price or Josh Reed steps up, it could be trouble for opposing secondaries.

3. The young defense improves. Granted there have been a couple great signings, but the majority of this defense is still very young. I doubt they have the ability to be a top 10 defense yet, but if they can make it into the top 15, that should be sufficient.

36. fthefish11

badfoot -

You've got this inbred thing on the mind my friend. What r u talking about?

Van-

This is respectable? All you guys talk about is back up players, inbreeding, & whether or not Searcy's gonna play this year. Your right - this site's respectable!!! LOLOL

37. fthefish11

I think our division is going to come down to the Fins & the Bills. You guys have one of the best D's around & picking up RW is only going to help the O. Fiedler just can't turn the ball over like he has the last 2 yrs.

38. Bodzilla29

Bodzilla29 The Shiznit

Very true......
    i think last season Fiedler made great strides in the second half of the season, I think he only had like 4 INTs in the last 7 games or so. Let's not forget that even tho he is near 30, he is still relatively a young starter(not in age, in years played). This really is a HUGE year for Jay, if he continues the way he was in the 2nd half of last season, we are in good shape....if he bombs out, obviously we are in trouble.

You guys have questions too....Drew hasn't had a real good season in a while now.

39. Baz

Baz Ephemeral

I hate to admit it, but the Jets are going to be in the mix too. If Beasley and Abraham play like they did a couple years ago, they may have a top 10 defense. Of course with Testaverde throwing the ball, they won't have much offense.

I fully expect the Pats to have an 8-8 year. How they got to 11-5 and won the Superbowl is beyond me. Here is some interesting food for thought. The Twin Towers get bombed on 9-11. About this time, the Patriots start winning games, and eventually advance to and win the Super Bowl. Anyone think its weird that the PATRIOTS win the super bowl the same year as this terrorist attack? Interesting stuff.

40. Bodzilla29

Bodzilla29 The Shiznit

Well regarding the Jets' secondary, I don't think they have improved, but I don't think they have dropped off too far either.

Funny how they say size is more important than speed in their corners, but they let go of Coleman, who should have been a "stud" in their system.

Safety on their team is still a sore spot, but I think Sam Garnes still has a bit left in his tank, but the other S spot is aweakness. Abraham couldn't hold a spot in TB last year, and Beasley has never been anything more than Adequate. Mickens is a decent nickle back, and Henderson, the kid they like, seems to be an above average dime back who has a lot of room to improve.

The thing about them is, is that 3/4 at least of their secondary will be new.....so it will take a bit of time to get the calls and reads, and communication down.