Lets not mortgage future seasons | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets not mortgage future seasons

Cobra

Starter
Reaction score
Ok, the way I see it this year with what we have now we will be mediocre at best. No AFC East Championship and no playoffs. Lets not trade valuable draft picks and pro bowlers for 2nd rate players to try and salvage this season. Lets resign OGun and finish the year 4-12 or 5-11. Then next year Feeley will have a season under his belt, Jay and Wanne will be gone, we can trade for Edge James, get David Boston back and we could have a decent draft. I would be totally ok with this.

What up yall, new to the board.....

I dunno though as far as Wannsuk be let go.

I have this freaky feeling that our all-football-knowing owner will think of all this misery as an excuse for wanny, and think its not his fault for us not doing well.

Cobra said:
Ok, the way I see it this year with what we have now we will be mediocre at best. No AFC East Championship and no playoffs. Lets not trade valuable draft picks and pro bowlers for 2nd rate players to try and salvage this season. Lets resign OGun and finish the year 4-12 or 5-11. Then next year Feeley will have a season under his belt, Jay and Wanne will be gone, we can trade for Edge James, get David Boston back and we could have a decent draft. I would be totally ok with this.

Great idea, lets try to go 4 - 12.

How come we didn't think of this last year?

:shakeno:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Well said.

To a certain extent we already have done so by trading away so many picks to get to this point.

We have no 2nd or 6th next year either. It looks like a long year with only one good pick to re-load next year.

We wouldn't have to trade for Edge though.

Harrison and edge are both FA's.

If you had Dominic Rhodes as your backup RB and no WR to speak of as a number guy, which guy would you tag?

Cobra said:
I hate it when I hear this. YOU PLAY TO WIN NOW! Don't worry about future years! You make moves to win now. You don't throw in the towel trying to get better down the road, years from now

Back
Top Bottom