Let's say Landry walks... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's say Landry walks...

Chuck-182

Active Roster
Reaction score
Let's be honest it's looking more and more likely every day that we're going to let Landry walk, I don't think it's ideal but it's just what I see coming. So what's our plan after that? Receiver suddenly becomes one of the biggest holes on our team. No opposing team is going to fear a receiving corp of Stills, Parker, and Grant. So what do we do? Are any of the top receivers going to be there with our pick at 11? What receivers are available in free agency/who do we sign? I'm not trying to make any sort of point I'm just honestly curious what you guys think. Personally I hope we do something, if we start the season with those three as our starters I think we're going to have a bad year on offense.

My guess is if they let Landry walk, its to go after Jimmy Graham.

Carroo is Parker insurance still and Grant will continue to get looks all over the field.

Miami has been stockpiling receivers hoping they can uncover a diamond in the rough.

Not a fan of that approach but it is what it is.

Ok. So Landry walks.

Suh has proven that one guy can’t do it all. Suh is awesome. Intense. Freakishly strong. Puts out hard every damn play.

And our D line wasn’t so great.

If Landry is the only guy on O that we have with some serious intensity, we’re ****ed. Yeah, he makes plays and catches a lot, but if he did all that but had a Parker demeanor, he wouldn’t be regarded the way he is.

And intensity isn’t worth what he wants. Even if it was, his 14 mill would pay a lot of other guys. A lot.

10-11 is acceptable (I guess). 14-15? Way too much.

Just my opinion.

If DJ Moore is there in the second we'll all forget about Landry in, like, about one game, I swear.

Notice the competition he did all this against.

FSU, PSt, BC...

if just assume gasr would design plays for other guys on the team to succeed. they have kept guys like rashawn Scott around for a reason. if Landry is gone it could make for an interesting camp battle

Ok. So Landry walks.

Suh has proven that one guy can’t do it all. Suh is awesome. Intense. Freakishly strong. Puts out hard every damn play.

And our D line wasn’t so great.

If Landry is the only guy on O that we have with some serious intensity, we’re ****ed. Yeah, he makes plays and catches a lot, but if he did all that but had a Parker demeanor, he wouldn’t be regarded the way he is.

And intensity isn’t worth what he wants. Even if it was, his 14 mill would pay a lot of other guys. A lot.

10-11 is acceptable (I guess). 14-15? Way too much.

Just my opinion.

Haha I'm not trying to say one way or the other if we should resign him or not I'm just asking what our plan should be in the case that he's not a Fin next season. So, what's your plan?

if just assume gasr would design plays for other guys on the team to succeed. they have kept guys like rashawn Scott around for a reason. if Landry is gone it could make for an interesting camp battle

So you're okay going into the season with Stills, Parker, and Grant as our top receivers? Maybe this is just me but yikes that sounds near horrific. Don't get me wrong I like all of those players, however, Stills is a complementary receiver at best, Parkers looks like a sure fire bust at this point, and who knows what Grant could be. I like what I've seen from him in limited action but to me he seems like a complementary receiver like Stills.

I won't post anything on Christian Kirk 'cause he's a sure 1st rounder but, here goes some Anthony Miller, second, maaaaybe 3rd round.

I think that the latest reports from him and his agent are just a ploy to get the upper hand in negotiations after the way the season ended. I don't put a whole lot of weight into the current reports and won't really worry until after the Super Bowl. If there is no progress by then, I will start to worry about the WR corps. I don't want to see the team spend stupid money just to keep him. Pay him market value and spread around the limited resources the team has so they can fill more holes.

I think Grant is just a situational player. Just too small and hands are not that good. But we've been grooming Carroo for this since we drafted him.

I've gone on record saying Landry's only real assets are intensity, thoughness and durability and this kid's got'em too.

I think Grant is just a situational player. Just too small and hands are not that good. But we've been grooming Carroo for this since we drafted him.

I've gone on record saying Landry's only real assets are intensity, thoughness and durability and this kid's got'em too.

Definitely agree on Grant. But as far as Carroo goes (not saying I agree or disagree) why does he never seem to see the field then?

Back
Top Bottom