Let's say Landry walks... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's say Landry walks...

Landry walks and I don't care who is QB, they have no one to throw to. Stills is decent. Bu the rest is garbage

He will kill us in NE. We tend to make duplicate mistakes here, so like Welker, we will do the same

Let's be honest it's looking more and more likely every day that we're going to let Landry walk, I don't think it's ideal but it's just what I see coming. So what's our plan after that? Receiver suddenly becomes one of the biggest holes on our team. No opposing team is going to fear a receiving corp of Stills, Parker, and Grant. So what do we do? Are any of the top receivers going to be there with our pick at 11? What receivers are available in free agency/who do we sign? I'm not trying to make any sort of point I'm just honestly curious what you guys think. Personally I hope we do something, if we start the season with those three as our starters I think we're going to have a bad year on offense.

If this were the Patriots they would have traded Landry last year for a 1st or 2nd, but we are the Dolphins and right now look like we might get a compensatory pick. That’s it. I say we do a sign and trade to the Browns or the Bears for a 1st or 2nd. I love Juice but he’s not worth $15M/year.

The odds of Landry going to NE are about 7%.

* They have about 16M in cap space and have players to re-sign.
* They JUST traded a first round pick for Brandin Cooks
* They demand disciplined players
* They have a top slot player

Last edited:
The odds of Landry going to NE are about 7%.

* They have about 16M in cap space and have players to re-sign.
* They JUST traded a first round pick for Brandin Cooks
* They demand disciplines players
* They have a top slot player

Did you even read my post? No, you didn’t. I said if we were the Patriots we would have traded him.

Yea the New England talk for Landry doesn't seem plausible . . . New England has no issues with middle of the field players. Hogan/Amendola/Edelman/Gronk, plus they have several RBs that catch the football well . . . . they used their resources to find a stretch the field guy Cooks/Dorsett last offseason.

New England will likely be active for a QB this draft in addition to a bunch of defense.

I guess I don’t have a plan since those decisions are not up to me.

But I’d roll with Parker, Stills, and Grant. And Parker better get his **** together. These guys already have contracts. Landry savings of 12-15 mil a year are untouched.

Sign some O line guys and a TE or two. Get a FB to help Drake. And I still have money left over. If I spend 10 mil on these guys, I have 5 mil left over to pay this years draft class.

So that’s my plan. But like I said, I don’t make those calls.

If we sign Landry then Parker is as as good as gone after this year if he balls out in year 4. Not unheard of...

No way we can keep all 3 when the dead cap for Stills is 6.5 next year.

If we sign Landry then Parker is as as good as gone after this year if he balls out in year 4. Not unheard of...

If Parker balls out in year 4, we will be protected as he will be getting the 5th year option this offseason. Kenny's dead cap hit is only 3.5 in 2019.

If Parker balls out then we lose stills after 2018. Id eat the cap if I couldn’t trade him

That’s how I look at it

Or if they grade out all top 5 worthy I’m keeping them and cutting cap elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom