Let's Say We DO Get a DE@11.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's Say We DO Get a DE@11....

Stoobz

Eschew the Onvious
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
What QBs do you think would be available and would you take one in the 2nd round?

Darnold, Allen, and Rosen will probably go top 10 (technically top 8). Mayfield imho could go anywhere from mid 1st to late 1st, early 2nd. *Mayfield* and Lamar Jackson are the 2nd round QB's.

The quarterback Miami is most likely to entertain as a potential 2nd round pick is Mason Rudolph.

It's going to be Adam Gase's call, though...and it's hard to say if he's going to sign off on Mason because Gase really hates the sort of offense Mason came from.

He COULD legitimately consider Lamar Jackson by the time you get into the 2nd round.

I really like this QB draft, and IMHO we may be able to wait until a bit later in the draft and snag a kid like Mike White, the QB out of Richmond, Litton or Benkert and end up with a player with only marginally less upside than the quarterbacks available in the 2nd round.

Benkert looks the part physically when I watch him and then he after making a play or two at the senior bowl throws three one hopper short out routes and you are like

Let someone else do that

If you fix that kids inconsistency issues you are a magician

The bowl game he was horrific. Couldn’t throw it in the ocean

Benkert looks the part physically when I watch him and then he after making a play or two at the senior bowl throws three one hopper short out routes and you are like

Let someone else do that

If you fix that kids inconsistency issues you are a magician

The bowl game he was horrific. Couldn’t throw it in the ocean

I don't disagree at all. But he's not undraftable IMHO. If we wanted to wait until later in the draft he's one QB that would interest me then if he was still around. Comparing him to the other QBs at the Senior bowl, I'd have him behind all of them except Lee. And I'd probably group he and Lee roughly together.

I don't disagree at all. But he's not undraftable IMHO. If we wanted to wait until later in the draft he's one QB that would interest me then if he was still around. Comparing him to the other QBs at the Senior bowl, I'd have him behind all of them except Lee. And I'd probably group he and Lee roughly together.

I think I’m just gonna go along with gase on this one although I doubt he’s gonna pick a spread o qb.

That guy knows qb play so why not? He knows matt Moore isn’t good enough. Didn’t take him long to figure that one out

I think I’m just gonna go along with gase on this one although I doubt he’s gonna pick a spread o qb.

That guy knows qb play so why not? He knows matt Moore isn’t good enough. Didn’t take him long to figure that one out

Again, I don't disagree. Any QB you look at late will have their warts. The two guys that interest me the most that should/might be available in the 3rd or 4th are Mike White and the Lauletta (sp?) kid out of Richmond. I thought both showed really good pocket presence in the Senior bowl (and White did on tape IMHO), and both are decent athletes with good measurable and passable arms. And White in particular seems to be a very accurate QB.

The quarterback Miami is most likely to entertain as a potential 2nd round pick is Mason Rudolph.

It's going to be Adam Gase's call, though...and it's hard to say if he's going to sign off on Mason because Gase really hates the sort of offense Mason came from.

He COULD legitimately consider Lamar Jackson by the time you get into the 2nd round.

So there's a chance Gase could see him as a good fit to run his offense? And to that, I feel like Lamar Jackson doesn't get enough credit for running Petrino's offense, which is a pro style offense! I mean it's not the damn air-raid. I know he gets the RG3 comparison a lot but Petrino's offense is far more complex than Art Briles'.

http://settingedge.com/lamar-jackson-pro-ready

Mason Rudolph, and I wouldn't do it. Go OL and LB early anyway, let Charles Harris develop and Andre Branch and William Hayes come back strong.

Riley Ferguson is the QB I want us to go after and we can probably get in the 6-7 rd. Perfect developmental guy you can let grow and develop because we all know what kind of QB T-hill is and that he is going to get hurt sooner rather than later.

After Mason Rudolph I dont see a whole lot more upside than Fales/Doughty already give us.

Wasted pick if we dont take a QB before round 3, would be better spent bolstering our lines or special teams.

So there's a chance Gase could see him as a good fit to run his offense? And to that, I feel like Lamar Jackson doesn't get enough credit for running Petrino's offense, which is a pro style offense! I mean it's not the damn air-raid. I know he gets the RG3 comparison a lot but Petrino's offense is far more complex than Art Briles'.

http://settingedge.com/lamar-jackson-pro-ready

You are correct. That is one thing that will appeal to Adam Gase about Lamar Jackson. He was similarly drawn to Brandon Doughty because Jeff Brohm's offense was an off-shoot of Petrino's, though still a spread. What Adam Gase will do is break down Lamar's work from the pocket, weeding out the athletic stuff, and look at how he manages certain pro concepts. On that basis, I've always been drawn to Lamar as a 2nd or 3rd round value.

I can see that. I think a lot depends on how the organization feels about the top four quarterbacks. I could see Miami jumping the Jets if they absolutely love one of those guys.

Back
Top Bottom