Let’s see if this can work. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let’s see if this can work.

Phinatic8u

Club Member
Reaction score
Everyone on this forum fell for it this offseason. This team was “on the rise” and full of young talent. I even fell for it a little bit before Ryan went down.

The only thing this season has shown is Miami is still a couple drafts and FA periods away from being a legit good team. Miami needs more youth and talent everywhere.

So next offseason I hope we all as a collective can stop getting excited for offseason fluff pieces hyping up overrated Dolphin players.

I still think this is a 6-2 or 5-3 team with a healthy Ryan Tannehill. We should be better just off the strength of getting him back next season. But we absolutely need a solid free agency and a good draft to get back to being a playoff contender. It'll take another 2+ years of the same to get to true contender status.

We're about a 20-30 mile drive away from being a good team. But we're about a 20-30 hour plane flight away from being a great team.

I think you fix the offensive line and it makes a huge difference. Maybe +2-3 in the win column on that upgrade alone.

Everyone on this forum fell for it this offseason. This team was “on the rise” and full of young talent. I even fell for it a little bit before Ryan went down.

The only thing this season has shown is Miami is still a couple drafts and FA periods away from being a legit good team. Miami needs more youth and talent everywhere.

So next offseason I hope we all as a collective can stop getting excited for offseason fluff pieces hyping up overrated Dolphin players.

I agree with your assessment, but I like fluff pieces; they offset some of the excessive negative responses I see so many of.

I don't think we fell for anything. Our franchise QB went down and our chances for a successful season became much harder. We are finding out how much harder.

The problem is, we are pointing fingers at our draft picks and free agents. Don't see how we fix the problems when we acquire problems. We like to let our good draft picks walk out the door and have a very poor history with acquiring outside free agent fixes. Seems like another 4 year plan to me.

The aqua & orange Kool-Aide drinkers are always out in force before the season-- before every season. But there were plenty of people who rightly saw that last year's team was, in many ways, a mirage and that it would be very difficult to replicate even that very modest level of success from 2016.

Miami's been a couple of drafts and FA periods away for years and years. Next season is year 3 of the Gase regime and there are still holes all over the place (and that's assuming Tannehill comes back and is ready to play without missing a beat; if he's done then all bets are off). The offensive line has to be rebuilt (again), there needs to be a new starting RB, Landry's as good as gone so that production will have to be replaced-- and that's just on the offensive side. Even if they were able to obtain all the pieces they need, it would still take a year or two before those pieces are able to make a deep playoff run. Same old story here for close to twenty years now.

find the next Dante Scarnecchia and build the foundation of this team. until that happens this team has no chance.

Or maybe we can have our healthy starting QB...that would be nice.

I agree with the narrative. The only thing we fell for was believing the offense would be just as effective with Jay Cutler at QB as it was with Tannehill. Cutler was better last night though. I know we lost but I'm willing to see what happens here. The offense was the most competent it has looked for 4 quarters, and it really wasn't that good, so that's something.

The aqua & orange Kool-Aide drinkers are always out in force before the season-- before every season. But there were plenty of people who rightly saw that last year's team was, in many ways, a mirage and that it would be very difficult to replicate even that very modest level of success from 2016.

Miami's been a couple of drafts and FA periods away for years and years. Next season is year 3 of the Gase regime and there are still holes all over the place (and that's assuming Tannehill comes back and is ready to play without missing a beat; if he's done then all bets are off). The offensive line has to be rebuilt (again), there needs to be a new starting RB, Landry's as good as gone so that production will have to be replaced-- and that's just on the offensive side. Even if they were able to obtain all the pieces they need, it would still take a year or two before those pieces are able to make a deep playoff run. Same old story here for close to twenty years now.
Exactly, and that's why I don't understand the "Gase has to go opinions". With all the holes on this team, Gase needs years in order to get us back to some sort of respectability, whether that be through FA or draft. This isn't a quick fix by any means, and he deserves the time to make things right, Dolphin nation needs to realize that we have a long way to go.

There's a fine line between winning and losing in the NFL...the teams are all talented and somewhat equal....parity is alive.

What you can't have is the blaring holes we have in the O-line and expect to win.

I hope this off-season it truly about getting Tannehill healthy and solidifying that line.

If the team had Tannehill, last year's pass defense, and this year's run defense, I suspect it'd be 6-2 right now.

No Tannehill, no pass defense. 4-4, and should be 2-6.

I predicted 7 wins...

Don't include me in that conversation. I was still confused on how the heck they won 10 games last year. That was a 5 win team last year that somehow won 10...we made very little improvement in some areas and I thought we regressed in other areas...especially QB when we lost Tannehill. We made zero, ZERO improvement in one of the most glaring units on the team in the O-line. Clearly the Dolphins don't know how to scout or develop O-lineman...no matter who we pick they end up being trash.

Back
Top Bottom