Lets stay humble.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets stay humble....

Fins_of_Fury

In a contract year
Reaction score
I know we have a team that is playing great football, but there is still alot of work to be done. We WILL not beat the Colts by 30 points nor will ANY OF OUR REMAINING GAMES be "gimmies". I think we have a shot at the playoffs, however it will be exceedingly difficult for our team to maintain this level of play for 9 more weeks....That being said, buckle in, we are in for an EXCITING ride!

Our players need to stay humble and grounded. They need to focus and take 1 game at a time. We don't have the talent on our team to think we're going to walk into any game and automatically win.

It is more about how we are being percieved as fans when we make proclamations of a blowout in Indy or an easy remaining schedule, rather than influencing the games.

I'm getting too old to sit around and be humble with the fins. The way it's been the last decade, i'm going to enjoy every minute of this season. I also think we will be pounding some more teams like we did against the jets. I'm looking at every game as a win, reality is it's not going to happen but i think it can. I see so many other NFL fans having fun all the time and i miss it. Now the fun is back, so don't be trying to put a cap on our enthusiasm. Let Philbin keep the players grounded, Let the fans enjoy.

It is more about how we are being percieved as fans when we make proclamations of a blowout in Indy or an easy remaining schedule, rather than influencing the games.

Who cares?

I don't mean to be argumentative, but why not have fun with it. Talk if you want to talk.
None of it matters. We don't win any gold stars, and nobody (Worth having) is going to
become a Dolphins fan because of the classy fans.

Fans are hardwired dude. Plain and simple.

Who cares?

I don't mean to be argumentative, but why not have fun with it. Talk if you want to talk.
None of it matters. We don't win any gold stars, and nobody (Worth having) is going to

I guess you're right Goon.
Just don't want us to come off like Jest fans......

Who cares?

Exactly. Players need to stay focused one game at a time. Fans don't have too. It's also been well over a decade since we've had something to legitimately thump our collectives chests about. I'm not going to be humble. I'd rather be ****y. It's been a long time coming.

I'm happy saying, "We've got Tannehill and a top ten defense. Good luck trying to stop us. Better yet, you won't.

Who cares?

I agree that we're hardwired. Some of us love to get excited and enjoy the team's successes to the max, while others (like me) prefer to be a little detached just because we don't want to ride the emotional roller coaster and the joy and pain it brings. While I don't begrudge the hardcore fan anything (and sometimes wish I was one), I should point out it is often the chest-pounding, "we're all that" fans that a) attract the gloating fanboys from the other team when we lose, and b) are the first ones to call for Ireland's, Philbin's, Carpenter's, (insert person at fault here), head at the first sign of trouble (e.g. like a month ago).

Been a Dolphins fan for 26 years, waiting for the day when all the right pieces would fall into place, I'm going to really enjoy this ride. But I see where you're coming from!

I agree that we're hardwired. Some of us love to get excited and enjoy the team's successes to the max, while others (like me) prefer to be a little detached just because we don't want to ride the emotional roller coaster and the joy and pain it brings. While I don't begrudge the hardcore fan anything (and sometimes wish I was one), I should point out it is often the chest-pounding, "we're all that" fans that a) attract the gloating fanboys from the other team when we lose, and b) are the first ones to call for Ireland's, Philbin's, Carpenter's, (insert person at fault here), head at the first sign of trouble (e.g. like a month ago).
It's all about the investment.

The unconditional bonds of loyalty must relinquish the fear and the cost of looking noobish in their assessments, while also being perceived as being too trigger happy and it is mainly for the sake of salvation. As fans, its not always false bravado, sometimes you can be so demoralized by the rollercoaster that is the NFL, that if you exercise your 1st amendment right to voice your opinion on any and everything, and even being somewhat critical even to a fault, that may be the most beneficial outlet of expression that could possibly prevent very serious system overdrives.

Point is, no matter how passionate, unleash your inner beast while it last. **** anybody who tells you otherwise! We've been through some major adversities, only right we enjoy the royalties.

Back
Top Bottom