Let's talk free agency (step 1) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's talk free agency (step 1)

I think FA should be an afterthought for this team, unless it is someone young and won't break the bank. We need to concentrate on the draft and build this team that way instead of going out and making headlines with the next big splash.

Guys like Sefarian-Jenkins or Trey Burton would be good additions. They give us what we need at TE, they're young, and I don't think they will break the bank. If we can't draft one early, I like either of these. I think Eifert will be too expensive and not sure he'll stay healthy and Jimmy Graham is too old...Luke Willson isn't a bad choice either.

i don't think we're going to be big players in the FA market this year

1st step is telling Tunsil he's our LT for life and he needs to get that imprinted into his head

2nd step is restructuring suh , maybe wake...

i'm more concerned about re-signing our guys than going shopping[/QU

The problem with that thinking is most of our guys aren't worth resigning. The only one I really want back in Jarvis Landry. The others can hit the road as far as I'm concerned. I don't even want Jawuan James back.

So the 1st move you would make to fix this team is move Tunsil to guard?
nope never said that. I said I'd like it, but they are going to leave him there, and I accept that. Not breaking down the door for it. But if it's a problem again this year, we have to move him

The problem with that thinking is most of our guys aren't worth resigning. The only one I really want back in Jarvis Landry. The others can hit the road as far as I'm concerned. I don't even want Jawuan James back.

issue is replacement...in an open market world you're going to pay more for less (FA)....re-signing your own typically will yield you a more friendly contract.

pouncey is good to go this year as far as im concerned though it feels like we're going to keep him around....Jawuan James is a fine walk for me too

Addition by subtraction. Get rid of Pouncey, James and Bushrod. Grab one free agent guard/center and let Smith, Davis and Sterup compete for the right side.
Tunsil is the LT and give Brendel a chance to start at Center

Ozzy rules!!
Sterup compete for the right side. YOU HAVE TO BE SH!TTING ME
He makes Frankenstein look Tyreek Hill

I'm pretty sure Sterup would be second to below in a foot race

k_Yg_EYyg.gif

Miller and Vernon both went to the U and also were drafted by Miami. Those two are “our own”. Branch and Alonso don’t apply to that.

Which of our current free agents fit the mold of the U and Miami draft pick?

We've ignored or botched positions of need for too long now. Let's start drafting smart first and then look at FA market to shore up what's left. Seems like we have been trying to do the opposite up to now.

Awsi has the best FA strategy I’ve seen.

Go for 2-0 in FA. Pick 2 players who are above what you have at important positions and go get them.

Not the Suh’s of the world but pretty darn good football players.

I've been saying that for a long time. It wouldn't always work but I'm convinced over time the roster benefits immensely.

It's simply too difficult to out smart the league or make significant roster advancements by plucking away at 5-8 mid level types.

I think our backup QB is in doubt and free agency may be the best spot to get one.

We may draft one, but if we don't have one by about the 4th round, I think we should get a Free Agent. I see that Derek Anderson will be a free agent. I always liked him when I followed the panthers. I suspect he may have 2 effective years left and I think he is smart and disciplined enough to be successful with Gases playbook. When I saw him play he was reliable and after some games, I thought he needed to be the starter.

Xavier Su'a-Filo at left guard and Ryan Jensen at C. Cut Pouncy 7Mil savings. Id' draft a right tackle in the 3rd round, I like Kolton Miller from UCLA or
Jamarco Jones from Ohio State. Our line would be Tunsil LT, Xavier Su'a-Filo LG, Ryan Jensen C, Jesse Davis RG, Kolton Miller or Jamarco Jones RT.

I love lamarcus Joyner for Fs. I'd resign fasano and Hayes. Cut James, thomas, Pouncy. Restructure Suh and tannehill.

Ziggy Ansah would be an interesting consideration.

He had a rough 2016 and 2017 because of injuries, really turned it on in December......right before he hits free agency of course.

I'd kick the tires on CB Trumaine Johnson too.

Johnson and Ansah likely will be out of our price range so....

Lesser known guys, Eagles LB Nigel Bradham had a very strong season, he might be in the realm of guys we can afford and would provide an upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom