Let's Talk Potential QBs in Rd 1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's Talk Potential QBs in Rd 1

Regulus

Super Donator
Reaction score
Who is everyone's preferred QB draft pick assuming we are in a position to get one of the top prospects? As a hurricane fan I am not very big on Kaaya. He has a lot of issues that still need to be worked out and his arm strength is underwhelming. I don't think we will be in position to get Watson. My hope is for Chad Kelly from ole miss. He can be a hot head but the guy has passion and wants to win. It would be great to have a Kelly at QB for the Dolphins that can do what his uncle did in buffalo.

I can't believe I'm saying this as a Tannehill supporter but... I'd be interested at looking at rd 1 QBs.

We're not drafting a QB in the first round again.
Too many other glaring needs.
That being said, if we have a shot at Watson, then it may be a different story

Chad Kelly. Guy has got the arm and the "it" factor. Great feel for the game.

I'd go with someone who has a history of winning. That's where Tannehill lacked. He had no winning pedigree in college.

I know his stock is down now, but Watson led the Tigers to an undefeated season and came up big in some big spots.

I know he has an injury history as well, but I'd lean toward Watson over the QBs being discussed. Admittedly I don't follow college that closely though. But a history of playing in and winning big games should be a priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't go there in the first round unless your sitting in the top 5 and there is a cant miss prospect. Short of that, I'd wait til the 2nd or 3rd and get competition for Tannehill for next season. Then after next year, his cap hit goes down and you draft a guy in the 1st to compete with your 2nd or 3rd round guy this offseason and Doughty in 2018. And from then on I'd be in favor of taking a guy in the 3rd round almost every year until your certain you have a 15 year starter. Enough. Once you get your QB you can build the team around him.

The only other option is to ask Tanny to take a pay cut to about what Fitzpatrick is making and then just build a running game/defense to win games the way Denver has.

Top QB right now based on mocks I've seen are Watson, Kaaya, and Kizer. I'd take any one of them over Tannehill but we will need a top 5 pick most likely.

From actual games I've seen Watson is a stud, Kaaya I haven't seen this year but he seems like he's been improving every year. Kizer I only saw the game vs Texas and he looked pretty good. Any one of them is an upgrade over Tannehill, there's probably a 3rd red QB who's an upgrade over Tannehill.

Chad Kelly is a second round project. Watson, Kizer or Kaaya are going to go high. Both Watson and Kizer have struggled a bit this year though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chad Kelly will not go in the second rd...stupid to think that...watch when the draft come around.

Why? We will win just enough games that there won't be a WB to pick when it is our turn.

Kaaya is damn good, not sure what the **** OP is talking about.

Back
Top Bottom