Letting go of the past-Hope with the new era. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Letting go of the past-Hope with the new era.

Namor

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
I've been a die-hard Dolphin fan since 1970.I've seen almost all their
glory days and loved ever minute of it.Talked alot of smack to other
fans...Yea,we're the only undefeated team in history,Marino's the
greatest QB ever,even without a ring.Shula's the greatest coach of
all time.I've come to a conclusion that it's been along time since Miami
has been relevent .We haven't been to the Super Bowl since 84.
We last won it in 73.Damn,we haven't made the playoffs in 6 years.
I've been living in the past with my Dolphins.With alot of Dan's records
being broke and possibly the Pat's undoing the 72 team,I'm thinking
now is the time to stop living in the past,I still treasure our TRADITION,
but it's time to forge a era with a new regime....thoughts??

I'm still going to be one of the biggest Giants fans in two weeks.
Go Eli!!!!!

I

Ive decided to do the same thing as you a while back. Im only 16 and have been a fins fan for pretty much my whole life, and i realize the days of starting 6-1 and 5-1 with Johnson and Wannstedt, the hope that saban brang, and the hope that Cameron brang, Ive realized its time to move on. We now have stability with Parcells, Ireland, Sparano. This will ultimately lead to success.

I've been with the Phins since 1971. I never would have imagined we would have won TWO Superbowls in our first 8 years as an NFL franchise, and then go 33+ seasons without winning another one. I think about the chances we had in the 80's, losing to San Diego in a great game playoff game, losing to the Redskins in a SB, Marino getting beat by Montana and the 49ers in another one. We were competitive pretty much every year and then Huizenga became the new owner and we have had nothing but instability and one coach after another. I think two things need to change: We need coaching stability, and we need a QB who can help lead us in the right direction....once we have this we can fit in the rest of the pieces. The Phins will always be my favorite team through the good and the bad times.

I mean that for some reason I treasured the 72 team,Dans records and Shula,more than
how I feel about the last several present Dolphins teams.

i just dont want to get my hopes up yet again. i remember before this year people were saying 'in cam we trust' after his hiring. the draft will largely determine how i feel about this new regime.

i just dont want to get my hopes up yet again. i remember before this year people were saying 'in cam we trust' after his hiring. the draft will largely determine how i feel about this new regime.

The decisions they make in the next 3+ months will have plenty to say about the kind of team we will be rooting for, for years to come. It's an exciting time when you think about all the different directions we could go with it, and what kind of team we could be if we make the right moves.

We cannot continue whiffing on high draft picks. These draftees have to have talent, heart, and the desire to be the best. Then we need to develop & coach them into becoming their best. I'd like to see the day when our FO would be favored in a matchup on "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" instead of the punchline to a joke on ESPN.

The decisions they make in the next 3+ months will have plenty to say about the kind of team we will be rooting for, for years to come. It's an exciting time when you think about all the different directions we could go with it, and what kind of team we could be if we make the right moves.

We cannot continue whiffing on high draft picks. These draftees have to have talent, heart, and the desire to be the best. Then we need to develop & coach them into becoming their best. I'd like to see the day when our FO would be favored in a matchup on "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" instead of the punchline to a joke on ESPN.

they would lose on that show. it would be nice to actually scout and develop some young talent, wouldnt it? i like how the coaching positions are being filled with guys ive heard of and have had luck elsewhere. not bad so far. now lets stockpile some draft picks.

I watched my first game, the first time Ray Lucas started one - and I haven't missed one since.

What's a dolphins playoff game???

New era starts now.. boo ya

i left the past a long time ago brother, i'am very excited about our new regime, i honestly don't think we could of landed a better general then Bill Parcells

i left the past a long time ago brother, i'am very excited about our new regime, i honestly don't think we could of landed a better general then Bill Parcells

Hes exactly what we needed here.

Back
Top Bottom