Letting Reggie go was a terrible move | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Letting Reggie go was a terrible move

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
first and foremost Reggie was a leader on this team.

reggie had experience, he had speed, he was able to make guys miss, and he was a good receiver. I know Reggie wasn't the best running back but considering what he adds to the offense from a receiving aspect alone how could u not keep him? I also have no doubt in my mind Reggie would have had more success on the ground.

this was an absolutely terrible move...

Reggie Bush is an outstanding player when he's healthy.

However, considering that Mike Sherman didn't even use him in the passing game until like week 12 last season, what makes you think it would even matter at this point?

Reggie Bush- 5 Fumbles
Daniel Thomas- 0 Fumbles
Lamar Miller- 1 Fumble

As bad as our running game was, I'll take that trade off ANY DAY. #1 most important thing for RB's is ball security. You win the turnover margin, you win 80% of the time. Big reason why Tom Brady and Bill Bellicheck go 12-4 every year and have a bye (80% x 16 games= 12-4)

first and foremost Reggie was a leader on this team.

reggie had experience, he had speed, he was able to make guys miss, and he was a good receiver. I know Reggie wasn't the best running back but considering what he adds to the offense from a receiving aspect alone how could u not keep him? I also have no doubt in my mind Reggie would have had more success on the ground.

this was an absolutely terrible move...

He was underutilized and improperly utilized when used.

ie: Not sure it would have mattered all that much under Sherman's scheme.

So outstanding he had 3.5 yards per carry this season rushing with 157 total yards in 16 games...1 td
His reception total was 8 for a grand total of 60 yards in 16 games

He stunk this year...last year and the year before
He really hasn't done anything since 2008

So outstanding he had 3.5 yards per carry this season rushing with 157 total yards in 16 games...1 td
His reception total was 8 for a grand total of 60 yards in 16 games

He stunk this year...last year and the year before
He really hasn't done anything since 2008

Where are you getting your stats from?

Reggie Bush- 5 Fumbles
Daniel Thomas- 0 Fumbles
Lamar Miller- 1 Fumble

As bad as our running game was, I'll take that trade off ANY DAY. #1 most important thing for RB's is ball security. You win the turnover margin, you win 80% of the time. Big reason why Tom Brady and Bill Bellicheck go 12-4 every year and have a bye (80% x 16 games= 12-4)

Reggie took most of the work, and often made positive yardage out of nothing. Fumbling is a result of being shoved in a crowd of defenders on every play, eventually they'll strip the ball. Lamar Miller didn't fumble because he only ran in the open field and wasn't a third down back. When he got tackled he didn't try to break the tackle (which might risk fumbling), he just fell to the ground.

Yes, turnover ratio is important in games, but so is punting. Every time you punt, you lose an opportunity to score 7 points.

There's two types of mentality in football: You either play like you're trying not to make a mistake, or you play to win. The first mentality may win you a few games, but the second will get you to the Superbowl.

reggie would have only helped us in the passing which would have been really nice, but as a rb he dances to much and would have had a worse result than miller. miller is a north and south player.

Reggie Bush- 5 Fumbles
Daniel Thomas- 0 Fumbles
Lamar Miller- 1 Fumble

Disagree. I'll take a few fumbles in exchange for much more production rushing the ball and a weapon in the passing game. Now, maybe considering that our team doesn't believe in using backs in the passing game, you have a point, but I ain't thrilled with our coaching staff.

Reggie took most of the work, and often made positive yardage out of nothing. Fumbling is a result of being shoved in a crowd of defenders on every play, eventually they'll strip the ball. Lamar Miller didn't fumble because he only ran in the open field and wasn't a third down back. When he got tackled he didn't try to break the tackle (which might risk fumbling), he just fell to the ground.

Yes, turnover ratio is important in games, but so is punting. Every time you punt, you lose an opportunity to score 7 points.

There's two types of mentality in football: You either play like you're trying not to make a mistake, or you play to win. The first mentality may win you a few games, but the second will get you to the Superbowl.

Fumbling is a result of repeatedly holding the ball low and away from your body. High and tight with 5 points of contact is the way to go (hand/fingers, elbow, bicep, shoulder, chest).

Reggie Bush fumbling stats since 2011: 4 in 2011, 4 in 2012, 5 in 2013.....

Miller has pass protection problems and average hands but he is a hard runner. I think you're just griping for the sake of making a pointless point.

Miller has pass protection problems and average hands but he is a hard runner. I think you're just griping for the sake of making a pointless point.

Are you this much of a d_ck with your friends? lol.

It's not my thread, I was just giving my take on it. :idk:

Your take seems to be admitting that Miller is not that versatile and can't catch, and can't block, but at least can run with the ball. So can a lot of other players who are not starting running backs in the NFL.

Letting Reggie go was a horrendous personnel decision. Beyond that, it is the perfect example of the front office "not getting it." You have a difference maker and a leader. Two things vital to a team. And you let him go? Infuriating.

Not signing legarrette blount is worse IMO.

They were looking for more power running. They didnt find it. let alone power blocking.

Back
Top Bottom