Lewan’s Potentially Declining Stock Could Create Dilemma For Dolphins in the Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lewan’s Potentially Declining Stock Could Create Dilemma For Dolphins in the Draft

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
It was reported last Thursday that Lewan will be arraigned on three misdemeanor charges — two charges of assault and battery and one charge of aggravated assault — early next month, stemming from an altercation with Ohio State fans on Dec. 1. While Lewan claims he was simply breaking up a fight, Mlive.com reported that “it appears (Lewan is) the only who is going to be charged at this time.”
Any team should be wary when it comes to drafting players with troubled pasts, especially during the first round. But for the Dolphins, that sentiment rings true more so than ever. In light of the club’s bullying saga, which led to national outrage, firings and a suspension with potentially more suspensions looming, the Dolphins aren’t exactly in ideal position to take a risk on a prospect like Lewan.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/...lphins-in-2014-nfl-draft/?yy2JD0HgDyXqjYSU.99

He is Michigan guy so Ross would like that.

Dude has no other incidents that would lead me to believe he has character issues. He says he was breaking up a fight involving some Ohio State fans. I have no doubt they exaggerated things. And if he did hit them, I'm sure they deserved it.....I hate Ohio State!

I hope that he slips to 19. Our line would be sick!

One fight does not constitute a bad character. Now if there's a pattern at Ann Arbor of violent outbursts then yes, stay away. But getting in a fight doesn't equal a bad person. But please make sure we investigate fully if we are tempted to pull the trigger on him.

still dont think he falls to 19, and if he does we would go after a high character guy

This guy is a real winner:

"Shortly after the woman reported the rape, she began to receive threats from Gibbons roommate and fellow football player, Taylor Lewan (now an All-American), that he would rape her again if she pressed charges against Gibbons"

http://www.washtenawwatchdogs.com/4...football-player-brendan-gibbons-for-rape.html
Nothing in there has him as guilty.

He's simply charged, and the "Story" doesn't look like anything more than a hatchet job.

I think it is just as plausable the young lady chose to go to a party, chose to get drunk,
and had sex, then felt guilty/remorseful about it and went the way so many have and
filed false allegations. Regardless, one story is true and until there's definitive proof, it's
one person's word against the other's.

Dude has no other incidents that would lead me to believe he has character issues. He says he was breaking up a fight involving some Ohio State fans. I have no doubt they exaggerated things. And if he did hit them, I'm sure they deserved it.....I hate Ohio State!

I hope that he slips to 19. Our line would be sick!

You've not watch Lewan play I take it. The guy is notorious for getting stupid personal foul penalties. He has issues. I would say he probably has twice the penalties of any top 10 OT prospect in this draft.

Here is just one game and if you watch the video you can see him grab the face mask of the player on the ground, after the whistle mind you, and start to twist it. That's a serious concern when you have a guy who's willing to potentially break someone's neck because of anger.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...elmet-twist-unacceptable-not-worth-suspension

Nothing in there has him as guilty.

He's simply charged, and the "Story" doesn't look like anything more than a hatchet job.

I think it is just as plausable the young lady chose to go to a party, chose to get drunk,
and had sex, then felt guilty/remorseful about it and went the way so many have and
filed false allegations. Regardless, one story is true and until there's definitive proof, it's
one person's word against the other's.

So you say there's no proof he's guilty yet you can just come up with a theory about how it's probably all her fault..

Back
Top Bottom