Lienart Sliding to end of first round | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lienart Sliding to end of first round

fin-atic said:
Somone is stoned if they think Leinart gets out of the top five.

Heard the same thing about Rothlisberger and he slid to 12. So it's not out of the realm of possibility. Honestly I don't see him sliding past that mark. At that point someone will make a trade.

The Jets would scoop him up in a heartbeat. No way he falls to 16. But if he somehow did, I say trade down and get more picks.

Careful there bud, in most states you could get arrested for PWI.
(Posting While Intoxicated)

Don't believe anything you read these last few days before the draft. It's all made up garbage by local press hounds trying to misinform or panic other teams into doing something they wouldn't have normally done. Next thing we'll hear is that Bush will fall because of $$/contract issues or AJ Hawk will fall because everyone is afraid to take a LB so high. It all smoke and mirrors.

VanDolPhan said:
Heard the same thing about Rothlisberger and he slid to 12. So it's not out of the realm of possibility. Honestly I don't see him sliding past that mark. At that point someone will make a trade.
Big Ben's resume was nothing compared to Leinart's coming out of college. Ben was from a smaller school and had not faced top competition. Leinart is a Heisman winner, National championship, four year star that faced the best competition in the country. For extra insurance his O Coordinator Norm Chow is now in Tennessee where Leinart will be picked.

I'm excited about C-pep and everything, but if Matt Leinart's there you'd be insane not to take him. Culpepper's been inconsistent, is pushing 30, and is coming off of a major knee injury. Matt Leinart would be one hell of an insurance policy and the face of this organization for the next decade. If he's there, which he won't be, I would be shocked if Saban didn't take him.

omg if we got Leinart...id sign someone like Kerry Collins or Joey Harrington ASAP, and trade Daunte Culpepper away...seriously, id be all over Leinart.

Not quite so sure why everyone is so presumptuous as to assume automatically that Leinart is a lock for top five. This news isn't breaking, in fact i've been reading about it for quite some that Leinart might want to brace for the fall like Aaron Rodgers( not quite so dramatic as his im sure). I know i'd have to think twice, maybe three times, before drafting a guy whos heart for playing football is in question. I think i would save my money if someone asked me to bet that Leinart was to be taken in the top 5. Houston surely won't take him with the #1 pick. The Saints? I dont think they go out on the limb and draft another quarterback after signing brees. The Titans seemed to be stuck on Vince Young. The Jets? I could see it happening but I just don't buy it. The Jets need D'brickashaw, not Leinart. The Packers at 5 won't take Leinart because 1) they just drafted Rodgers 2) Brett favre wants something done to make the team immediatly better. 49ers are next..self explanatory, drafted Alex Smith and would be out of pure stupidity for them to draft two quarterbacks in the the first two rounds for two years straight. The raiders are next. I see this at the most ideal pick for the Raiders, although apparently I just read that they don't want a quarterback. Might just be a smokescreen of some sort. I could see them taking Leinart..if they don't he could fall for a while..then again, maybe a couple of teams wouldnt pass him up just because his name is "Leinart" and played for USC. But hey..thats just My Opinion:lurk:

Back
Top Bottom