Like with everything else the media is wrong | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Like with everything else the media is wrong

dabeastdabone

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Everyone has the ability to think for themselves but I'm baffled why two years ago luck was considered the "Holy One" and this year a guy who totaled three sacks (Clowney) is considered better than a guy (Manziel) who beat every one of Lucks meaningful passing numbers including passer rating. People can say what they want about Manziel but those who say he can't pass are just uninformed. I'm not ranting on Manziels behalf as much as I am pissed biased media has firmly crept into the last corner of the loves of my life, being sports, and is ruining it too.

Lust a little venting pre draft

Are you suggesting Manziel is as good a pro prospect as Luck? It seems that way, and is incorrect.

#s don't really matter that much, it is how they think they will translate to the NFL. Tebow had more TDs, less INTs and almost as many yards as Luck(in 69 less attempts).

Pat White set NCAA records at WV, numbers in college don't automatically translate to the NFL

I'm not really comparing the two but there is a point where you need to be consistent. There is a huge gap between "the next coming" and "will be a career backup", which is where the media places the two and there isn't any logical justifiable way you can have those claims coming out of collage. Manziel was a media darling until the autograph issues, then they turned on him because he broke a sacred code.

Now to Clowney. I just can't figure why he is #1 and he only had three sacks last year and has been labeled a situational pass rusher.

I just think the media (a) is lazy and just copies others opinions rather than researching things themselves. (b) Has realized that the only people who are in position to hold them accountable are themselves and they have no intention of doing that to themselves.

I predict Manziel goes number one and bet on it with some vcash in the vbookie section. I just have a strong feeling someone is going to make the move to nab the potential franchise changing qb. The upside is too enticing.

Now if you were to ask me if I think Manziel is worth it I would tell you no. RG3 wasn't worth what Washington gave up and Manziel wont be worth what Cleveland or Dallas give up for him. But I truly think someone is going to do it. And if not at 1 then certainly at 2. I would love to be in the Rams position this year with two high picks and endless possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom