Linebacker Kevin Burnett to play with first team Friday against Atlanta | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Linebacker Kevin Burnett to play with first team Friday against Atlanta

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
With only six practices on his Dolphin resume, it seems almost unfair that inside linebacker Kevin Burnett has to make his debut with the first-team defense in Friday night's pre-season opener at Atlanta.

Burnett's take: It's football.

"In this day and age you've been through enough battles, especially if you've been a starter in this league, that you know what to expect," Burnett said after Wednesday's final workout before the pre-season opener. "So I should be prepared to go out and play 20-30 snaps, if not the whole game. You have to be prepared to do it at any time, and do it at a high level."

Burnett certainly did it at a high level last year, not only playing on the San Diego Chargers' top-ranked defense but leading the team in tackles. In one year he made more defensive big plays - defined as sacks (6), interceptions (2), forced fumbles (1) and fumble recoveries (1) - than the guy he replaced, Channing Crowder, has made in his career.
For all that, Burnett, 28, a six-year veteran who was a second-round pick of Dallas in 2005, is unknown to Dolphin fans. If he's feeling any pressure to demonstrate his skills, he doesn't show it.

"I'm not anxious; I just want to go play my game," he said. "Nobody's expectations are higher than mine."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...nett-to-play-1723436.html?cxtype=rss_dolphins

oh no. we won't be able to stop the run without them falling into Crowder!! it's time to panic.

I would expect nothing less. The other posters seemed to give you some crap but I'll give you a pass based on your generally strong contribution to the forum. Not trying to catch up with WV so you can do a 20,000th post rant are you? :-)

Burnett hasn't received much attention. He must be an upgrade to Crowder who was hurt all the time it seemed. He looks the part. We'll see how he plays. I think signing him and releasing Crowder was probably the best free agency move. Some people might think signing Reggie Bush was the best thing that happened. But we lost both Ricky and Ronnie and we got Bush and Thomas. Is that an upgrade this season? Maybe. But maybe not. Burnett must be an upgrade to Crowder. If he stays healthy, that's more than Crowder could do after Zach Thomas retired.

I wanted the Phins to draft him back in 2005 (ironic that he was drafted the SAME year as Channing Crowder).

When he wasn't getting any PT in Dallas and was "available" I wanted the Phins to get him then before he went to SD.

Third time is the charm....believe it!!!!

He was a BEAST at Tennessee I do remember that much at least....FINALLY DOLFANS WE MAY SEE THE DEFENSE RISE TO CONSISTENT DOMINANCE

I wanted the Phins to draft him back in 2005 (ironic that he was drafted the SAME year as Channing Crowder).

When he wasn't getting any PT in Dallas and was "available" I wanted the Phins to get him then before he went to SD.

Third time is the charm....believe it!!!!

He was a BEAST at Tennessee I do remember that much at least....FINALLY DOLFANS WE MAY SEE THE DEFENSE RISE TO CONSISTENT DOMINANCE

i did kind of like him coming out but he didnt play in Dallas because he really didnt perfrom. The coaching staff was quuite dissapointed in his play and practice and now ironically the same guy that drafted him and was probably dissapointed in him now sees a player he wants all over again.

Crap, now who's going to occupy a blocker with Crowder gone?!?!

I would expect nothing less. The other posters seemed to give you some crap but I'll give you a pass based on your generally strong contribution to the forum. Not trying to catch up with WV so you can do a 20,000th post rant are you? :-)

Who told you my secret!!!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom