Livas just made Moore and Wallace Expendable

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SCLSU Mud Dogs, Aug 13, 2011.

1. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

I loved watching this kid play. He is exactly what we need, a speedy, shifty, elusive return man that has good vision and can evade tacklers. We already know our top 4 receivers are Marshall, Bess, Hartline and Gates. It wouldn't make sense to keep Wallace or Moore when neither would get much playing time anyway. If we are going to keep 5 receivers, we might as well get a guy who will be seen on special teams. Go Livas!

2. sharp

sharp Scout Team

I thought Livas was absolutely awesome, everything he was built up to be and more.

BUT, Wallace played awesome today besides a hard drop on a 3rd down.

Got to keep the 6 WRs. No harm in that.

3. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

Moore, maybe. He didn't do as well I had first though. Wallace just earned a spot on the team for at least another couple weeks. I hope there's more of that Livas explosiveness to come for the Special Teams. :D

4. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

Before you toss Wallace to the garbage pile, he plays ST and is very good there. With the movement of the KO line to the 35, returns will be drastically reduced. The Dolphins get a lot more flexibility with Wallace then Livas.

I like Livas but think he'll be stashed on the PS.

5. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Maybe Moore, but not Wallace. If Livas continues to impress, I bet they keep 6 wide receivers.

6. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

Wallace will make the team. Marlon Moore will be turning in his playbook in a couple of weeks.

7. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

They may have flexibility to be able to go with 6 and I would certainly welcome Livas over Moore but it's going to depend on who and how many they keep at TE and RB. They have some interesting choices ahead.

8. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

He made 1 return, be it a great one, and had 0 receptions. That hardly qualifies to be the #5. Moore I believe is history, but I see Wallace right now as that #5. Though...we could just skip carrying any QB's...the WRs could probably play as well as them...

9. Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo Ayatollah of rock and rolla

Players like Marlon Moore are not hard to find. I was frankly surprised he made the team last year.

10. Geordie

Geordie A True Fan

Marlon Moore made a couple of good plays, a block and a nice catch but I got to agree with the consensus he's expendable in favour of Livas, who looked a threat everytime he caught a punt. I actually thought Wallace played very well tonight to, he got a TD and few more catches, better upside than Moore, I would be shocked and disappointed if he didn't make the 53.

11. hammond47

hammond47 Well-Known Member

Livas had how many receptions?
    Wallace is a nice big target for the red zone. Had a great game tonight. Hardly expendable
    Marlon Moore is the kind of kid who will bounce back in the next game and play great, while you probably see a regression from Livas on ST. Just saying, Moore and Wallace won't be cut that easily

12. 67Stang

67Stang FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Good to see, but I want to see more before making a determination like you suggest. I remember when Sean Smith made that crazy one handed int vs the Saints in preseason. Despite what some think on here, I think he has been below average since.

13. mandal24

mandal24 Genesis

I personally never saw anything special in Marlon Moore. Hes probably a beter receiver then Livas but Livas's ST ability makes him more important to us than Moore as a 5th or 6th reciever. Wallace makes this team on ST alone

14. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

moore will be gone. we have to see if livas can keep it up. wallace is a lock

15. 67Stang

67Stang FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

It would be so great to have a legit returner. I can't remember the last one we had. Ginn doesn't count against the Jets...hehe

16. k33vinj

k33vinj Vontae21Davis

im not sold on livas yet though, he falls too much. but he does have moves.

17. ph0enyx

ph0enyx Well-Known Member

Doesn't each team get to carry 55 players this year? That and the lack of players like Cobb could mean we have an extra spot we could use on a WR

18. mk613

mk613 Scout Team

It's just one game let's see how does in the next few games

19. miaray

miaray Active Member

wow , listen up guys 6'4 225 wideout which is Wallace is a star in the making . one punt return guys relax lets see if he can play wideout in the nfl.

20. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

We kept Marlon Moore for a year because he showed some real athleticism and heart in last year's preseason. But like Brandon London, he doesn't have the ability to put his body in position to make catches, which is why despite seeing a good amount of time on the field last year after Hartline's injury, he only came down with 6 balls. And Moore's (QB) interception tonight was one of those plays where Marlon Moore was in the vicinity of the pass but couldn't get his body in position to make a play on the ball. I really liked Marlon based on his time in preseason last year, but he's just never going to be an NFL caliber receiver without that skill.

You can't write off Roberto Wallace though. He was active last year because he is one of our best ST players and he's developing quite nicely in the receiving game. I've read his name a ton from camp reports, and he made one of the biggest plays of the game tonight,

I'd like to see Livas not fall down on more than half of his returns before I annoint him anything.

21. MiamiDolfan85

MiamiDolfan85 DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

no...he didnt.

Livas had one memorable moment,but like all pre-season games its forgotten rather quickly.However,should Livas shine like he did tonight next week,then we're getting soemwhere....