Locker Room Issue Article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Locker Room Issue Article

xSxPxHx

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-hyde-dolphins-column-20171101-story.html

One of the things that popped out to me is that the O-Line had said they moved away from what was working which is distributing.

Which brings up this situation Ajayi left behind: How could he run for 4.9 yards a carry last year and 3.2 this year?

“Everything’s changed,” James said. “We do a lot of different things now, this season.”

Blocking schemes, he meant. Which changes techniques. Which takes time to learn. Which brings the question: Why change what worked?

Gase's downfall is that he is ignorant to the fact...but who knows. Time will tell what this will lead.

Makes sense, they we not good last year but regressed this year. Someone needs to take the bull by the horn and make lasting changes there but first step is realizing they blow. Apparently the lineman see it so why can't Gase?

The OL coach was a raging coke head, and none of the people that worked with him or for him day in day out knew.. Let that sink in.
It is not that hard to hide drug abuse in real life IMHO...

Spoken from experience...

You would be shocked at the rate of individuals who secretly live drug infused lives but nobody knows...

Its our School Teachers, Garbage Men, Police Commissioners, Politicians, etc.

And Im not just stopping at like weed or coke...

Its H and opioids ....

I mean if all the hard drugs is say coke would be the easiest to hide. You ain't coming to work meth'd out and not turning heads. same for heroin. You won't be a good coach when you can barely keep your eyes open lol.

Coke actually makes the most sense for a habit that can be hidden with enough effort.

You would be shocked at the rate of individuals who secretly live drug infused lives but nobody knows...

Its H and opioids ....
I hear ya but eventually the opioids give way to lack of control, which will lead to the nodding out I referenced. If you can keep self control, then it would be harder to figure it out but that doesn't last forever

Its H and opioids ....

You can see the signs if you are looking.

And yes, the problem is PROLIFIC.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-hyde-dolphins-column-20171101-story.html

One of the things that popped out to me is that the O-Line had said they moved away from what was working which is distributing.

Which brings up this situation Ajayi left behind: How could he run for 4.9 yards a carry last year and 3.2 this year?

“Everything’s changed,” James said. “We do a lot of different things now, this season.”

Blocking schemes, he meant. Which changes techniques. Which takes time to learn. Which brings the question: Why change what worked?

Gase's downfall is that he is ignorant to the fact...but who knows. Time will tell what this will lead.

James' comments are very concerning.

But he’s on to bigger and better things right now. He’s in a good situation right now [in Philadelphia].”

That certainly doesnt sound like a guy that is "buying in" to what Gase is preaching.

Id do everything I could to get rid of James after reading that garbage......... Does he think he is hard to replace? Below average RT's arent hard to find!

Last time we went O-line with our first two picks was back in 95(Billy Milner and Andrew) and might be time to do it again. They need to fix it once and for all

Ozzy rules!!

The other thing that happened is that opposing teams did their homework on how to shut Ajayi down. His stats from last year with 1272 rushing yards, were impressive (4th best in the NFL) but if you break it down there were the 3 incredible games when he rushed for over 200 yards and the Jets game 111 yds and lots of other games where he struggled to get any yardage. This year he had 2 good games of over 100 yards. Jay is tough and strong but good Defenses learned how to shut him down. The 4.9 yards per carry was really skewed by the 4 great games last year.

Last edited:

I understand almost none of that.
Why change a scheme that worked?
Why is it players seemed to INSTANTLY get last year's scheme only after Turner/Thomas were released?
Why did the players take 4-5 games to learn last year's, but can't come close to getting get this year's after 7?
Why are there complaints about OLmen learning a new scheme, but Gase saying the OL isn't the problem?
Why is Davis apparently doing well when LAST year's starters are struggling?
How much of the problems in the Ravens game was MM not calling protections? Why does Gase tolerate MM not calling protections?
BONUS: Why does it take the O all but 10 seconds to get to the LOS?

The OL coach was a raging coke head, and none of the people that worked with him or for him day in day out knew.. Let that sink in.

You don't know if he was a raging coke head and I don't know that he wasn't but to use that against our coaching staff to question their intelligence just because Ajayi's average dropped is pretty pathetic

Back
Top Bottom