LOL @ Jets

Discussion in 'Beasts of the AFC East' started by Sons Of Shula, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Finheaven VIP Donator

[h=1]Jets will be in first place in AFC East when Tom Brady returns, and they’ll have Jimmy Garoppolo to thank[/h]
    By Manish Meta

[​IMG]

phins_4_ever likes this.
  2. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

4. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

5. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

:troll: :troll: :troll: I guess it must be Friday Laugh day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:troll: :troll: :troll:

6. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

Six (SIX!!!!!) picks for Fitz today [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

Not everyday you see a qb with 6 picks and pick 6 in the same game.

8. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

I forgot about this thread from yesteryear.

9. Perfect23

Perfect23 A True Fan

Ryan Fitzpatrick biggest off season bust of the year.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

and yet still better than Ryan Tannehill.

11. Jetsfan89

Jetsfan89 Rookie

Bad performance by Fitz and the Jets. The Chiefs aren't even that good. They just don't beat themselves. We gifted them 14 points off of two turnovers. That's the game. If Fitz even played like he did in week 1 the Jets could have won that game. I like Fitz as a solid game managing QB. But he was brutal yesterday. That game as there for the taking.

The Dolphins on the other hand, had trouble beating arguably the worst team in football in their building. I think they're the worst team in the AFC East lol. Not a surprise.

12. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

LOLno

LOL another dip**** Jets fan.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

Fitz is awful but at least our future isn't tied to him in way.

14. Jetsfan89

Jetsfan89 Rookie

What's the problem? Reality has finally set in that the Dolphins have become an awful franchise?

The Jets have a lot of work to do. Fitz is what he is, the Jets are going to have to live with the good performances like in Buffalo, and the bad ones that we saw yesterday in KC

But Miami, two bad football teams played a game yesterday. That's about it.

15. DuderinoN703

Fitz better than Tannehill, Dolphins an awful franchise, Jets not.

Both 1-2.

Too much sense is being made in here.

16. Jetsfan89

Jetsfan89 Rookie

You beat another awful franchise yesterday. Probably the worst.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

you needed OT to beat a team w/ a 3rd/4th string QB alternating w/ a WR.

18. AphexPhin

AphexPhin A True Fan

absolutely love seeing the Jets lose but I won't laugh too hard cause there is a good chance they may sweep up again this season:( hope I am wrong though

19. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

I bet any non jet fan loved the way we lost yesterday. that was a doozy.

20. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

Miami's future isn't tied to Tannehill any longer than the Jets are tied to Fitz.

After next year (2017) they could cut Tannehill and walk away with only a 4.6m cap hit in 2018. So if by future you mean the rest of this season and maybe next than sure I guess technically that is "tied".

Doesn't stop Miami from drafting a QB at any time or signing a QB so loosely tied I guess.

21. Jetsfan89

Jetsfan89 Rookie

You've invested a first round pick in the guy though. I think that's the big difference. I actually like him but you should be getting more bang for your buck.

Nobody expects Fitz to become a great QB. We know what he is. He's a good option for a team that's trying to find a franchise QB.

22. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

That's true but you also don't have any potential replacements and will likely have to spend another high pick on a QB. we at least have a chance w/ Petty/Hackenber that one of them can play(chances are neither can but there's a chance!)

23. NY8123

And their you've both said it in different ways "find a franchise QB" if it was that easy neither team would have questions right now about what they have.

Whether or not Miami has to draft a QB in round 1 again is irrelevant because in order to climb out of irrelevance you have to gamble and win. ****ing around hedging bets might work in Black Jack but it seldom works when looking for a franchise QB. If you need one you draft one and usually in round 1.

And if Hackenberg has potential than so does Doughty.

24. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

we won't waste 5 or more years w/ Fitz though.

25. NY8123

And we don't have to waste anymore years with Tannehill either if Miami chooses. If Tannehill isn't producing by seasons end the way the staff wants him too, draft a QB in whatever round you feel is correct and let them compete next year or trade him next season and in the event he doesn't keep the starting job and you can't trade him cut him flat out in 2018.

2 year plan at most.

Or it all pans out and is a moot point. Doesn't matter to me because there is an out anyway it plays out.

26. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

you have already wasted 4 and are on wasted year #5.

27. Jetsfan89

Jetsfan89 Rookie

I actually like the way the Jets are going about looking for a QB so far. They aren't drafting one in the 1st round just to do it. I think Lynch would have been a "sexy" pick, but if the Jets don't believe in him then they don't take him.

Sometimes the opportunity isn't always there to get your potential franchise QB. So the Jets have taken a couple of low risk/high reward chances on two projects in Petty and Hack. One could be the answer. Like Junc said, neither probably will be but you never know. I wasn't the biggest fan of Hackenberg in round 2 but I understand why the Jets made the pick. I understand what they see in him.

28. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E22 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

Thanks for the containment thread. :up:

Sons Of Shula likes this.
  29. phins_4_ever

What's the difference if a team wastes 4 years on 1 QB or multiple QBs? Waste is waste.
    Sanchez, Tebow, Geno Smith, Vick, Fitzpatrick .......

30. DuderinoN703

Seeing as how I was at the game yes, I'm aware of the circumstances. Are you telling me the Jets are the better 1-2 team?

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Yeah. I know. Speaking of awful, your quarterback threw 6 INTs. That's something even the worst QB in human history, Tannehill, has never been able to accomplish.

31. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

w/ those QBs we made 2 title games and had 2 legit chances at SBs. you haven't even been over .500. there's waste then there's WASTE.

Long way to go but I say we are better.

Hopefully he got it out of the system, I'd rather one spectacularly awful game than continual mediocre play.

32. phins_4_ever

a) you made with one of these QBs the AFCC games
    b) those games were more than 5 years ago. As a timeline you used the Tannehill years which began in 2012. You made the bed you lay in it.
    c) Sanchez had very little to do with the AFCC runs. His stats and play was worse than Tannehill's (except his first year). He was along for the ride. ha, I can't believe that I defend Tannehill. :lol:
    d) Since 2012 (your timeline) the Jets have not made the playoffs either. Records mean nothing unless you accomplish something beyond a regular season.
    e) since 2012 (your timeline) you may have had a winning season (and nothing to show for) but you also had a 4-12 season which the ****ty Dolphins did not have.
    f) since 2012 (your timeline) the Jets had 28 regular season wins and the ****ty Dolphins 29.

waste is waste
    diarrhea is diarrhea

Another stat: in the last 8 years only two teams won the AFC East. The Pats and Dolphins. Not the Jets. :sidelol:

33. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

YOU mentioned Sanchez, correct? he was released due to injury and an inept GM but when here had a winning record(something Ryan does not have) and helped us make 2 postseasons(0 for Ryan), win 4 road playoff games(0 for Ryan) and gave us 2 legit SBN shots. That's better than the last 4+ years for Miami, right?

how did you do in that lone playoff game since 2002?:lol:

and one more stat:

In years Tom Brady has been NE's primary QB only ONE other team besides NE has won the AFC East. It was the Jets, not the Dolphins and we weren't humiliated out of the playoffs at home in the WC rd like Mia 2008 w/o Brady:lol:

34. Jetsfan89

Jetsfan89 Rookie

Our QB isn't a first round pick who we invested 4+ years in. The Dolphins are one of the worst franchises in the NFL. It shows every year now.

35. phins_4_ever

Yes I mentioned Sanchez. Because in your timeline (since 2012) he was the starter. :bobdole:
    In that span he was not part of a Jets playoff run. As a matter of fact the Jets made as often the playoffs as the Dolphins: Zero times. You established the time frame (Ryan Tannehill) nobody else.

It doesn't matter if Brady was out or not. We won the division and you did not. If the Patriots would have been so handicapped that year because Brady wasn't playing where were the Jets? Oh yeah, missed out on the AFC East title.

I give you that AFC East title in 2002 though you have to expand your time frame to the nth-factor. And it was three-way tie. You beat us fair and square in the division tiebreaker (with Buffalo being the x-factor) and New England in some wacko tie breaker.

Hey since you have no grounds to argue anymore we can expand the time frame even further:
    Total wins overall: Dolphins 449 Jets 399 (as of 2015)

Seriously: a Jet fan arguing about his crap **** team with a Dolphins fan about his crap **** team. :m359:
    And since that is a Dolphins board I have to say: get a life. :loser:

You know how ridiculous you are? You are arguing with someone who is a critic of Tannehill. :crazy:

36. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

we have been dolphin like in recent years no doubt about that but we haven't overpaid for a QB, invested a #1 pick in one or invested any part of our future in one.

we got Favred in 2008. the div title counts but it's different against Brady.

overall history I have always acknowledged Miami is better, 5 SB apps and 2 wins is better than 1 SB app and 1 win. Shula is an all time great coach and you guys were lucky to have him for so long but in this Century we have been a lot better.

it's all in fun, sometimes we just have to relax even though our teams stink.

37. DuderinoN703

I wouldn't expect him to play that ****ty again. Seattle is next so that will be his big moment to show he won't play that way again.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Worst in terms of what? Your team hasn't been to the Super Bowl since 1969. That's worse than Miami's 1984 appearance. The bottom line is Super Bowl appearances and wins. Your franchise is worse.

38. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

we'll see, we are 1-2 and have handed away 2 games. Seattle played like Seattle last week but wilson is banged up, it's an early start on the east coast. if we are going to be a threat for the playoffs I think we kind of need to find a way to win this game.

39. Jetsfan89

Jetsfan89 Rookie

Our franchise isn't close to as bad as yours. I'm talking about where they are now. I don't care about the 1980's and 1970's. That means nothing in 2016. We haven't been great, but we've been much better than you. It's not even close.

I'm not talking about your history. I'm talking about the state of your franchise in present day, not living deep in the past. Talk to me about the last 15 or so years. That's what matters.

40. DuderinoN703

Miami handed away Week 1 in Seattle. That game balances out Sunday's game so 1-2 is where they should be. The game in Cincy will be interesting. I imagine the Jets beat Seattle b/c of the cross country trip and Wilson is hurt (happened in Week 1).

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Funny. This "one of the worst franchises in the NFL" has the same record as your 2016 team that hasn't been great. I wonder how that could be possible?

41. phins_4_ever

I am relaxed. I just don't like you.

42. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

that's your issue. has nothing to do w/ these discussions, please stay on topic.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

how did you hand Sea the win? we lost by a point to Cincy, we missed a PAT and a 20 yd FG. last week we had 8 TOs including 2 in the EZ and had 2 return TDs.

we are 3 weeks in, we also have the same record as Arizona and Cincy. Those teams will likely be a lot better than any of us.

43. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

I want to see how the Jets fare vs Seattle this week.

44. Jetsfan89

Jetsfan89 Rookie

I don’t think we’ll do well. Fitz is the type of QB who will struggle against a D like Seattle who has a very aggressive secondary. He needs a couple cupcake games thrown in between all these good D’s he’s going against. And he isn’t getting it this season until later. Fans are going to be calling for him to be benched after this Sunday. It least that’s my opinion right now. And it’s not fair.

When you’ve been so starved for a franchise QB like the Jets have the fan base becomes restless. They’ve already put unrealistic expectations on Fitz and a lot of them are going to be mad that those unrealistic expectations aren’t going to be met.

Fitz isn’t capable of carrying us to victory against Seattle on his right arm. The Jets are going to need a big effort from their defense against hopefully, a hobbled Russell Wilson if they are going to have a chance to steal the game.

45. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

what he did last week had nothing to do w/ carrying a team, he's never been asked to carry us in any way but last week was as bad as we have ever seen from a QB which is saying something.

w/ that said, he won't be as bad as last week again even though we face a better D.

46. DuderinoN703

They hadn't allowed a TD all game. Naturally when they take the lead, the defense decides to not be able to stop Russell Wilson. That's handing them the game.

47. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

Russell wilson is always dangerous especially in late game situations. he had too much tie to work with. that was a tough spot for any D.

48. Jetsfan89

Jetsfan89 Rookie

I'm talking about expectations. When he has one of the best games a Jets QB has had in recent years like in Buffalo people raise expectations and forget he is Ryan Fitzpatrick. That's my point.

Every week he is asked to be a game manager. That's his job. On Sunday he was so bad, he single handedly cost the team the game with his performance.

It wouldn't shock me at all if he played bad against Seattle. These are the teams that will give him the most trouble.

49. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

This might seem strange coming from me, but I actually think Gen0 might be your best option going forward. I saw that Fitzy McHarvard is 2-8 as Jets QB when the opponent scores 20 or more points. Gen0 is terrible, but he can complete passes to guys who get open downfield when he's given the right looks.

I can't believe you guys drafted Hackenberg, though. What were they thinking?

50. phins_4_ever

File a complained with human resources.