LOL @ Jets | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LOL @ Jets

that's your issue. has nothing to do w/ these discussions, please stay on topic.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

how did you hand Sea the win? we lost by a point to Cincy, we missed a PAT and a 20 yd FG. last week we had 8 TOs including 2 in the EZ and had 2 return TDs.

we are 3 weeks in, we also have the same record as Arizona and Cincy. Those teams will likely be a lot better than any of us.

They hadn't allowed a TD all game. Naturally when they take the lead, the defense decides to not be able to stop Russell Wilson. That's handing them the game.

They hadn't allowed a TD all game. Naturally when they take the lead, the defense decides to not be able to stop Russell Wilson. That's handing them the game.

Russell wilson is always dangerous especially in late game situations. he had too much tie to work with. that was a tough spot for any D.

what he did last week had nothing to do w/ carrying a team, he's never been asked to carry us in any way but last week was as bad as we have ever seen from a QB which is saying something.

w/ that said, he won't be as bad as last week again even though we face a better D.

I'm talking about expectations. When he has one of the best games a Jets QB has had in recent years like in Buffalo people raise expectations and forget he is Ryan Fitzpatrick. That's my point.

Every week he is asked to be a game manager. That's his job. On Sunday he was so bad, he single handedly cost the team the game with his performance.

It wouldn't shock me at all if he played bad against Seattle. These are the teams that will give him the most trouble.

I don’t think we’ll do well. Fitz is the type of QB who will struggle against a D like Seattle who has a very aggressive secondary. He needs a couple cupcake games thrown in between all these good D’s he’s going against. And he isn’t getting it this season until later. Fans are going to be calling for him to be benched after this Sunday. It least that’s my opinion right now. And it’s not fair.

When you’ve been so starved for a franchise QB like the Jets have the fan base becomes restless. They’ve already put unrealistic expectations on Fitz and a lot of them are going to be mad that those unrealistic expectations aren’t going to be met.

Fitz isn’t capable of carrying us to victory against Seattle on his right arm. The Jets are going to need a big effort from their defense against hopefully, a hobbled Russell Wilson if they are going to have a chance to steal the game.

This might seem strange coming from me, but I actually think Gen0 might be your best option going forward. I saw that Fitzy McHarvard is 2-8 as Jets QB when the opponent scores 20 or more points. Gen0 is terrible, but he can complete passes to guys who get open downfield when he's given the right looks.

I can't believe you guys drafted Hackenberg, though. What were they thinking?

I don’t think we’ll do well. Fitz is the type of QB who will struggle against a D like Seattle who has a very aggressive secondary. He needs a couple cupcake games thrown in between all these good D’s he’s going against. And he isn’t getting it this season until later. Fans are going to be calling for him to be benched after this Sunday. It least that’s my opinion right now. And it’s not fair.

When you’ve been so starved for a franchise QB like the Jets have the fan base becomes restless. They’ve already put unrealistic expectations on Fitz and a lot of them are going to be mad that those unrealistic expectations aren’t going to be met.

Fitz isn’t capable of carrying us to victory against Seattle on his right arm. The Jets are going to need a big effort from their defense against hopefully, a hobbled Russell Wilson if they are going to have a chance to steal the game.

Why not? The lowly Dolphins who just beat the lowly Browns barely in OT took Seattle all the way to the end - in Seattle.
According to you the Jets are superior to the Dolphins, have the better QB and considering that you play at 'home' in the Rent-A-Stadium in New Jersey you should be taking Seattle apart.

Where is your confidence?

This might seem strange coming from me, but I actually think Gen0 might be your best option going forward. I saw that Fitzy McHarvard is 2-8 as Jets QB when the opponent scores 20 or more points. Gen0 is terrible, but he can complete passes to guys who get open downfield when he's given the right looks.

I can't believe you guys drafted Hackenberg, though. What were they thinking?

I never stressed about the Fitz situation b/c I was comfortable w/ geno. Geno has been mostly bad but he never had a chance to play w/ the immense talent we have now.

Fitz is actually 6-8 in games where the opponent scores 20 or more as a Jet and that includes leaving the Raider game early last year.

File a complained with human resources.

what's a complained?

Why not? The lowly Dolphins who just beat the lowly Browns barely in OT took Seattle all the way to the end - in Seattle.
According to you the Jets are superior to the Dolphins, have the better QB and considering that you play at 'home' in the Rent-A-Stadium in New Jersey you should be taking Seattle apart.

we'll beat Seattle.

Russell wilson is always dangerous especially in late game situations. he had too much tie to work with. that was a tough spot for any D.

I had little doubt Miami would hold the lead. The defense played lights out all game so of course they blow it at the end.

The Dolphins are awful. The Jets are better than the Dolphins. But that's not saying a whole lot anyway.

The closeness of games doesn't matter. You lost. You almost beat Seattle away, and then should have lost to the Browns at home. Judging how 1 team will do against a particular team based off of how another team did doesn't make sense. Teams are built differently.

Our QB is going to struggle against that secondary. Just my opinion. Of course I could be wrong, we'll see, that's why the games are played.

I don't think Miami is awful(though they played like it last week). I still think this team can be a threat in the playoff race. it's very early.

The Dolphins are awful. The Jets are better than the Dolphins. But that's not saying a whole lot anyway.

The closeness of games doesn't matter. You lost. You almost beat Seattle away, and then should have lost to the Browns at home. Judging how 1 team will do against a particular team based off of how another team did doesn't make sense. Teams are built differently.

Our QB is going to struggle against that secondary. Just my opinion. Of course I could be wrong, we'll see, that's why the games are played.

1-2 is 1-2. Anything else you mutter is just bull****.

I don't think Miami is awful(though they played like it last week). I still think this team can be a threat in the playoff race. it's very early.

I feel like I buy into them every year as a potential threat, and so does the media. And every year they disappoint. I don't see how they aren't 1-3 after Thursday. If they lost on Sunday people would be going after Gase hard.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

It's a Jets fan. What do you expect?

I'm very realistic in my judgement of teams. I just said I don't expect the Jets to beat Seattle. I just think the Jets are better than Miami. Is that really an illogical comment? I think most people in football would tell you the same thing.

I feel like I buy into them every year as a potential threat, and so does the media. And every year they disappoint. I don't see how they aren't 1-3 after Thursday. If they lost on Sunday people would be going after Gase hard.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

I'm very realistic in my judgement of teams. I just said I don't expect the Jets to beat Seattle. I just think the Jets are better than Miami. Is that really an illogical comment? I think most people in football would tell you the same thing.

They're probably going to lose I'd agree. Their season hinges on the 4 game homestand after tomorrow. If they can't get out of that stretch 3-1 the season is moot.

To be fair, I think the Jets are ahead of Miami at this point in terms of who is the better overall team, but I don't think it's anything Miami can't come back from.

There's so much football left, I think the Pats, Jets and Fins all have a shot at the playoffs this season.

Back
Top Bottom